Yes/No Tarot

Kyxxsyxx

Does anyone do yes/no tarot readings? How accurate do yours tend to be? What spreads do you use? How do you apply them? I'm looking for any tips and information on doing yes/no with tarot.

CosmicBeing

**This might be posted in the wrong section...so not sure if a moderator will end up moving it to a different section of the forum.**

This is the spread I use that been quite successful for me with yes or no question.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138454

Hope you enjoy the spread.

Kyxxsyxx

Thank you! I'll have to try this one oh soon. I know a lot of people aren't big fans of yes/no spreads.

CosmicBeing

Thank you! I'll have to try this one oh soon. I know a lot of people aren't big fans of yes/no spreads.

Yea, they say yes/no questions aren't good for tarot...but I haven't exactly seen it great for any divination system except maybe horary.

This spread I linked gives you a yes or no (defined by ace & 10) the Major arcana gives like an explanation.

So say I shuffle the deck....I pull the cards until I run into the first ace/10....say that was the 10th card in the deck...then I would could 1 (magician) to 10 in the major arcana...10 would be The Wheel of fortune.

now you can say 1 is fool and 22nd is the world (22 major arcana cards)
or
1 can be magician and 22nd card can be the fool.

I used the latter method.

If you don't get an ace/10 by the 22nd card it's considered 'unknown/undecided'

The link will explain it quite well.

Kyxxsyxx

Typically for yes/no, I consult my pendulum. I have two that work really well for me. And I've gotten to where I like to use them to select cards for my readings as well. As soon as it gives me the yes over a card, that's the one I draw. But for a yes/no reading, I don't know how effective that could really be.

CosmicBeing

Typically for yes/no, I consult my pendulum. I have two that work really well for me. And I've gotten to where I like to use them to select cards for my readings as well. As soon as it gives me the yes over a card, that's the one I draw. But for a yes/no reading, I don't know how effective that could really be.

Interesting method. I had a pendulum 7 years ago....But, I never got too involved in it. I heard for some it works well and others it doesn't.

The question is what cards will represent yes and what cards would represent a No for you..once you create that system the deck follows the rule of that system (at least that is my belief system)

It might be why I like the method I linked.

Ace I could so see as a yes card. (a beginning)
10 I could so see as a no card. (a completion or reading the peak)

Kyxxsyxx

Interesting method. I had a pendulum 7 years ago....But, I never got too involved in it. I heard for some it works well and others it doesn't.

The question is what cards will represent yes and what cards would represent a No for you..once you create that system the deck follows the rule of that system (at least that is my belief system)

It might be why I like the method I linked.

Ace I could so see as a yes card. (a beginning)
10 I could so see as a no card. (a completion or reading the peak)

I see why you use that method. To me, Aces are always positive. The 10s it always depends. I think the 10 of cups is an extremely positive card. But the 10 of swords definitely carries a lot more negative connotation than positive. I like to experiment with a lot of different spreads while I'm figuring out the one I like the best

Sztar

I use a 5 card spread to measure probabilities. The more reversed (rx) cards, the more likely the answer is no. I lay them out in a row and count the number of rx vs right side up.

5 rx = likely NO
4 rx = probably no
3 rx = maybe no
2 rx = maybe yes
1 rx = probably yes
0 rx = likely YES

Is it always accurate? Well, no. It's based on probabilities. There is zero way to get a 100% accurate yes/no using tarot, but generally I get good answers (within reason).

Once I get a probability, I read the meanings as follows:

4 2 1 3 5

1: present
2: immediate past or underlying influence
3: immediate future
4: more distant past our deeper underlying influence
5: more distant future outcome

Although I usually read rx cards, in this spread, I only read them right side up.

CosmicBeing

I use a 5 card spread to measure probabilities. The more reversed (rx) cards, the more likely the answer is no. I lay them out in a row and count the number of rx vs right side up.

5 rx = likely NO
4 rx = probably no
3 rx = maybe no
2 rx = maybe yes
1 rx = probably yes
0 rx = likely YES

Is it always accurate? Well, no. It's based on probabilities. There is zero way to get a 100% accurate yes/no using tarot, but generally I get good answers (within reason).

Once I get a probability, I read the meanings as follows:

4 2 1 3 5

1: present
2: immediate past or underlying influence
3: immediate future
4: more distant past our deeper underlying influence
5: more distant future outcome

Although I usually read rx cards, in this spread, I only read them right side up.

This is interesting. I have to try this.

**Not creator of the thread.. just watching it lol**

Sztar

This is interesting. I have to try this before

Thanks! I read this in a tarot book a while back, so I can't claim credit, but it's the best method I've encountered to date.