10 of swords - What regrets does he have.

Pure_Moonshine

I was reading for a friend about her ex and asked the question "What regrets does he have about the relationship?"

The cards were the 10 of swords clarified by the 3 of wands and death. I am still rubbish at interpretation and I should not have pulled the second clarifier!

My interpretation for her was that he doesn't have any regrets, it's over and he has left it behind. On reflection I feel I was a little to blunt, and harsh but with the 10 of swords and death it seemed cut and dried. Does anyone have any other thoughts on this combination?

IndigoWaves

With the 10S, he might regret having entered this relationship at all: Not an easy one, apparently... And especially with Death, I'd agree that he's very much done with this person. He could still recognize that it was a learning process, though, and may now be more inclined to hold out for positive, energizing connections with others (3W).

Pure_Moonshine

With the 10S, he might regret having entered this relationship at all: Not an easy one, apparently... And especially with Death, I'd agree that he's very much done with this person. He could still recognize that it was a learning process, though, and may now be more inclined to hold out for positive, energizing connections with others (3W).

That's actaully a really interesting way of looking at it, initially when I saw the 10 of swords I thought he regretted the end of the relationship, but then I would have expected to see some cups to clarify. Death always comes over to me as so final, i'm done kind of feelings, not going back there.

JDusk

Your interpretation is more positive than mine, but you know the situation better than I do and your intuition could certainly be right. I tend to see 10 of swords as a low point, a total defeat/failure. As a result, I agree that he might regret having entered the relationship, perhaps there was too much pain and strife involved. But he could also regret that the relationship failed or ended on such a bad note - and perhaps he was unprepared for the failure of the relationship (3 Wands as a regret could perhaps refer to the level of foresight involved). Maybe there's a sense of cutting his losses and moving on, especially with Death here. But it does look to me like there was something quite unpleasant about the relationship that he's leaving behind, and now he realizes he's moving on to something that's better for him.

remydes

Good day!
This combination of cards can talk about the gap, destroying the relationship (in a general way, not only with ex). The change in the approach to relations with others, expectations, the basis on which relationships are built. Your friend learned a lesson, which allowed him to understand many things, as the previous commentators said.

Pure_Moonshine

Your interpretation is more positive than mine, but you know the situation better than I do and your intuition could certainly be right. I tend to see 10 of swords as a low point, a total defeat/failure. As a result, I agree that he might regret having entered the relationship, perhaps there was too much pain and strife involved. But he could also regret that the relationship failed or ended on such a bad note - and perhaps he was unprepared for the failure of the relationship (3 Wands as a regret could perhaps refer to the level of foresight involved). Maybe there's a sense of cutting his losses and moving on, especially with Death here. But it does look to me like there was something quite unpleasant about the relationship that he's leaving behind, and now he realizes he's moving on to something that's better for him.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the delay in responding. The relationship did not end well and shortly after the breakup, the readings I did for her suggested she had hurt him badly. Perhaps his regrets show a reflection of this, in that he regrets how badly he was hurt by her. He did accuse her at one point of stabbing him in the back, kind of apt with the 10 of swords!!

Pure_Moonshine

Good day!
This combination of cards can talk about the gap, destroying the relationship (in a general way, not only with ex). The change in the approach to relations with others, expectations, the basis on which relationships are built. Your friend learned a lesson, which allowed him to understand many things, as the previous commentators said.

Thank you :) That fits too, for some reason I really struggle with the death card.

headincloud

He seems to be regretting being stabbed in the back, or possibly regretting the whole experience but there's an air of confidence and optimism that comes up around the 3W which suggests he's moving on. It suggests the decision to end the relationship was the correct one because the ships are now coming in for him, is he contemplating travel?