3 of Disks

Mesara

I would be interested to hear some of your interpretations on this card... I have a hard time associating the meaning in my book to the picture...

Also the meaning (according to Banzhaf) seems something more akin to how I see the 2 of Disks, and Banzhaf's description of the 3 of Disks seems quite vague- im not really getting anything out of it. Some input would be appreciated :)

mike gorth

I just looked at it and with the wheels it looks like progress but I found in the center of each wheel a little symbol the top is taurus, left is sun but I don't remember what the other looked like. Confusing if you don't get astrology.

Mike Gorth

Goldenhair

Whenever I see threes, I think body, mind and spirit. They are connected together with a crystal. The wheels and crystal pyramid are surrounded by bluish energy. It is the working together of body, mind and spirit that provides us with the necessary tools to work along our life's path. IMHO.

Rusty Neon

3 of Disks

The 3 of Disks is titled "Works" in the Thoth deck and is represented by Mars in Capricorn. In terms of traditional astrology, Mars is exalted in Capricorn. Thus, Mars is well-positioned but, since it is in exaltation rather than being the ruler of Capricorn (Saturn), it is like an honoured guest in Capricorn. The exuberance of Mars is used in a structured manner [per Saturn] in Capricorn. This card depicts exuberant yet structured, productive work. This is also illustrated in, for example, the RWS 3 of Pentacles, where the craftsman works under the direction and planning of the ecclesiastic overseers.

2 of Disks

The 2 of Disks is called "Change" in the Thoth deck and is represented by Jupiter in Capricorn. In traditional astrology, Jupiter is not well-placed in Capricorn as it is in fall in that sign. As astrologer Kevin Burk notes, "Jupiter in Capricorn tends to struggle with issues of lack". As Crowley notes, "the good fortune of Jupiter is very limited [in this placement]". As the yin and yang symbolism in the Thoth 2 of Disks suggests, this card is about dealing with change and observing and assessing the signs of the time, accepting that it's a time of flux. The card could indicate that what used to be a successful way of doing things no longer works as well and needs to be adapted or re-worked; or that the 'when' and 'how' of starting a new venture must be carefully assessed, having regard to the signs of the time.

Mesara

Thanks guys- you have given me new avenues to explore here... Some refreshing thoughts on this card!

Dean

U.k

The Three of Disks ( Three wheels upon which the pyramid rests is called upon to create visible results in Work progress and ideas.

mooiedragon

I don't know if anyone is still using this study group - but I just pulled it as my daily card so I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I agree with the above posts, but I'd also like to add that to me the shape of the triangle (plus mars in Capricorn) represent ambition. I feel like this card really illustrates the fundamentals of a successful endeaver are present.

Or something like that.

ravenest

Visually: The 3 = Saturn = structure and form. The 3 wheels represent the 3 gunas. Each wheel is a Buddhist symbol whose spokes symbolise the main paths to enlightment. The pyramid is a 3 sided pyramid viewed from the top. Surrounding it are sand dunes, ie; a desert. The pyramid in the desert is a symbol of initiation and this card represents the first steps to initiation and the first practices or realisation in one of AC's initiation systems, ie. that structure, form and organisation are essentials to begin your journey.

ZenMusic

I agree, the essence is clear with the astrological attributions.. a distinction

>Mars is exalted in Capricorn. (3D)
(potentially wild) Mars benefits from the structure of Capricorn, by gaining direction and focus

>Jupiter in Capricorn (2D)
On the other handle the expansive nature of Jupiter is disturbed/constrained, and weakened by the "controlling"

all the minors can be much better understood with the astrological attributions as a starting point.. then the other aspects need to be considered on the other layers or levels of attribution

Dejavooo

3 of disks - "work"

When i look at this card it screams Energy to me! Do you see the pyramid that rests on the three disks? Do you see the sand dunes? It seems like all the energy that is coming out of the pyramid is so strong that it is even affecting the physical world!