a question re Buckland Romani

arizonagirl

I looked on Amazon.com and saw that the Buckland Romani Tarot was called a "Kit". I assume that means cards and a book bigger than the usual LWB. Am I correct?

raeanne

Arizonagirl,
The book that comes with the deck is pretty big, over 200 pages. It gives a list of key words for both the upright and reversed meanings. The best part of the book is in the description of each card. It doesn?t just explain the card to you but it points out certain features on the card and then asks some leading questions. You are free to answer the question however you think seems right. Here is a short example from the Five of Koros (Cups):

The picture shows a man standing with his hands in his pockets. He is looking at a river. At his feet are five water cans. Three of the cans are knocked over and two are still standing. There is a covered wagon on the far side of the river and a footbridge in the distance.

The book has the following:
?Has the Rom been filling the water jacks at the river? Has he only filled two and still intends to fill the other three, or did he fill all five and subsequently knock over three of them? He does not seem overly energetic ? is he discouraged or just plain lazy??

This is just one paragraph on this card. I like the questions because they help you think about the picture in ways that maybe you wouldn?t have thought about. Personally, I think it is a well written book. Anyway, the deck, the big book, and a cardboard box you can use to put the deck in are what they call a "kit".

arizonagirl

Raeanne, thank you so very much.