All paths leading away from tarot...

EmpressArwen

Thank you all! It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. I have a tendency to react to things a bit extremely (understatement) and was considering just getting rid of all my cards. I think I will chill on that a bit. Just put them up and see how I feel when/if life calms down.

So basically ya'll talked me off the ledge lol...which would have been a very expensive ledge if I gave away all my decks and then, in the future, decided I wanted cards again. :)

Thank you!

danieljuk

(((Arwen)))
it's okay to use tarot less or even put it down for a while. It's there for when we need it! I have had horrible mental health this year and found it really difficult and draining to do readings for other people and don't very much for myself either. Sometimes we have to put the energy and attention in other areas of our life. I was feeling burnt out and couldn't take on people's problems in readings for them, so had a break for months.

Tarot and all divination is there when we need it, we can pick it up anytime we want, it's fine to have a break from it. I have just started to pick up my cards again about 6 weeks ago and do some readings for close friends but I have to give myself time and space to do it.

I forgot that I do actually really enjoy using it and learning but I use it at a quieter pace now and less frequently.

Tarot and divination are an important part of my spirituality but not always needed. I was using tarot cards in my teens but then put them away when I was about 20/ 21 and got them out again at 30 (when I also found AT!). I didn't need them or think about them for the whole of my 20's! I have no idea why I didn't use them, it just happened.

Padma taught me a while ago that we are always changing as people, what we need changes and perhaps that includes our interests and divination.

I would go with the flow, use the cards when you need, no worries when you need to put them away for a while :heart: You might regain your interest in them in future but when we are very stressed in life, other things need our energy! :)

Richard

......I would go with the flow, use the cards when you need, no worries when you need to put them away for a while :heart: You might regain your interest in them in future but when we are very stressed in life, other things need our energy! :)

Heed these words of wisdom!

AnemoneRosie

I did this - thought that I was done with the whole thing (I was in my early 20s) and got rid of all of my decks. I have some lingering regret about doing this, especially when I see those deck titles come up in threads here.

I (obviously) came back to it.
I second whoever said it above, about how being burnt out and exhausted, well, it makes sense to me that you wouldn't want to turn to the cards. After all, reading them can be a drain on your energy as well, and it sounds as though you really need to keep it in reserve at the moment.
And that's okay.

Awkward.turtle91

My Lord yes! This is completely normal!

I have this when my readings don't go my way! I think to my self stuff it!
Especially when it seems I'm way out on interpretations!

It's dis heartening, sometimes I take a break and rather then searching for answers everyday I sometimes take the weekend off and just do exchanges on here, or I just put them aside and switch off.

When that happens I like to listen to my dreams instead:),
I love doing oracle as well have you tried Lucy Cavendish? Or lendomand?

I Ching is a good one it's not really predicting it's the book of changes so I suppose it's telling you what's around and what you can change.

The amount of times I don't want to speak with my guides when I feel they'd given me a load of rubbish.

My advice take some time out, stick with oracle have a bath relax and chill.
Don't worry so much <3 tarot will come back. Maybe you just need to find the right deck that excites you :)

Xx

Awkward.turtle91

I did this - thought that I was done with the whole thing (I was in my early 20s) and got rid of all of my decks. I have some lingering regret about doing this, especially when I see those deck titles come up in threads here.

I (obviously) came back to it.
I second whoever said it above, about how being burnt out and exhausted, well, it makes sense to me that you wouldn't want to turn to the cards. After all, reading them can be a drain on your energy as well, and it sounds as though you really need to keep it in reserve at the moment.
And that's okay.

I got ride of my decks in my teens! (13 +) now people keep telling me to re purchase the deck I threw!

Padma

Just pack up your decks for a while, Arwen. It will come back when it comes back :) it's better not to force these things, anyways.

Think of life as a series of waves - they pull back, and they return. It's cyclical. :heart:

Sounds like right now, you need all your energy just to survive events in your life and to get through the day to day stuff - and that's ok, too. :love: The things that are truly meant for us stay with us all our lives, and we get back to them when it's time.

I'm a painter, and I have not painted in - about 4 years. I know when the desire comes back, it will flood me, and I will not be able to stop. Meanwhile, from time to time, the well does go dry, and the muses need rest. So too with tarot and spirituality. So be easy on yourself :love:

@Danieljuk, I am glad I was able to ever give you helpful advice! ;) It is true though - as we go through our lives, our needs change, and that is a healthy thing!

@Arwen, I do hope you'll drop in and still chat with us, though!

Morwenna

I sometimes go through months at a time without taking out a deck. And sometimes when I do, it's just to look through it and put it away again. Everyone here is right; it's all cyclic. If divination no longer calls to you, just put your materials aside. You can still keep them, just somewhere safe and out of the way. Meanwhile, concentrate on those things that need doing, and whatever diversion that does appeal to you right now. We can't do all our hobbies at once, much as we'd like to! And sometimes it's the relatively mindless diversions that we need when we're feeling spent.

Peace!

HOLMES

Hi

For me it isn't just the tarot but spirituality it self. Like in elementary sherlocks realises that the sober road is every day and he is never done but it leads to one more day without falling off. For me the spiritual road is a hard one but so it is with the tarot, to the sport lover who gets up every day to drive his body 4 hours with out fail. What happens when he or she must retire? Then as i watched through season three of elementary and their talk of the WORK. That is key point , that is a driving passion for these characters but true in the ideal life, how ever as we know life isn't ideal many things can interfere in the path of any WoRK. The loss of a loved one affected me greatly 2010 to 2011. And now is affecting me of a differnt loved one but other things like BOREDOM. How many love questions would i have to answer for example, so i focused on doing differnt readings. One thing about sherlock in both his bbc tv series and the elementary series is he would pick only those cases that interested him instead of being a police detective where he would not have that choice. That is one gift the sharing of spirituality talents and skills lies within just because we can read for every one doesn't we have to.
Using my ps4 , so figured i best use anew paragraph. So back to it , let me share a teaching , a native american shared this weekend that he went and unburired his waterboy drum after burying for years of becoming a christian, it was pretty well the only item that was left and he used it in the sweat lodge .
Or even my own story having not used my healing traing on anyone especially since my niece died,that the community of my mom reserve gave me honorium, and travel to use healin for some of the people. I took it as a sign the universe wanted me out of my funk. I used combo of tarot, reflexology, pranic healing and quamtum touch, and reiki as well. It was the first time i connected to the light, since the passing, moreso it flowd well for the people. So the piount is we human being who life throw tests at us to make us grow through the major arcana,and we are on differnt evolutionary levels, we all see the vrwator differntly like for how we would see the devil, death, and lovers differntly, especially when it comes to personal meaning, compared to universal meaning.
Thing about universal meanings is there is usually two side, the black and white pillers and many shades inbtween. So while paths may lead away from tarot , the personal, and universal connections you make you take with you. Example i find myself wondering what card would this event be as it happens.

mingbop

Yes, agree with all the posts. When an interest becomes work then it turns into a drag. Leave it on the back burner and life will arrange things so that you go back to it some day :)