Book Recommendations

Falcor

I have the Animal Speak too, in Hebrew. It's amazing. A great book. =]

celticnoodle

Yes, I agree, I love Ted Andrews books too and highly recommed his books.

Another book that is very good and I am re-reading again for the how ever many times....

"Singing the Soul Back Home - shamanic wisdom for every day" by Caitlin Matthews. She has many other wonderful books too that may be of interest.

alainaobrien

Thanks all, again, for the book recommendations! I ended up purchasing "Paganism: An Introduction to Earth Centered Religions" by Joyce and River Higginbotham. I don't believe it was recommended here, but I found it via Amazon and it, so far, has been exactly what I was looking for. I think once I finish this book, I will check out the books that were recommended here! :)

Tanga

Thanks all, again, for the book recommendations! I ended up purchasing "Paganism: An Introduction to Earth Centered Religions" by Joyce and River Higginbotham. I don't believe it was recommended here, but I found it via Amazon and it, so far, has been exactly what I was looking for. I think once I finish this book, I will check out the books that were recommended here! :)

WHAT??
After everything we recommended you chose... something else?
:joke:

Enjoy! :) :)

earthair

Apologies- only just seen this thread.

I'm going to suggest some weighty tomes, which are basic reference books you'll be consulting for years to come, regardless which path you take. Hopefully these will compliment the books already suggested by others and put things in context. I'm a Magic Womble - I make use of anything that works, so my shelves are full of whatever direction I'm currently fascinated by :party:

Agrippa- Three Books of Occult Philosophy (Llewellyn ed. if you can)
Sir James Frazer- The Golden Bough
Regardie- The Golden Dawn
Manly P Hall- Secret Teachings of All ages- (try to get one with colour plates)
Crowley- Magick, Liber ABA
Kraig- Modern Magick
Albert Pike- Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry

Tanga

Apologies- only just seen this thread...
Agrippa- Three Books of Occult Philosophy (Llewellyn ed. if you can)
Sir James Frazer- The Golden Bough
Regardie- The Golden Dawn
Manly P Hall- Secret Teachings of All ages- (try to get one with colour plates)
Crowley- Magick, Liber ABA
Kraig- Modern Magick
Albert Pike- Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry

:D These are indeed "Weighty tomes" for a beginner.
Knock your brains out! :joke:

earthair

:D These are indeed "Weighty tomes" for a beginner.
Knock your brains out! :joke:

Yup, there is the option of using them to prop up furniture or sound proof rooms if the books don't amuse :D

Just popping back to add some more fun books to delve into when the nights get cold (or dark and full of terrrrrorrrr) [apologies to non-GoTs watchers :joke: ]
Gemma Gary- Cornish Witchcraft
Carr-Gomm + Heygate- The Book of English Magic
Greenwood- Complete Illustrated Encyclopedia of Witchcraft + Practical Magic (I'm a sucker for pretty photos)
Hardie-Enchanted: Titania's Book of White Magic

alainaobrien

WHAT??
After everything we recommended you chose... something else?
:joke:

Enjoy! :) :)

hahaha I KNOW! Sorry :p

Yup, there is the option of using them to prop up furniture or sound proof rooms if the books don't amuse :D

Just popping back to add some more fun books to delve into when the nights get cold (or dark and full of terrrrrorrrr) [apologies to non-GoTs watchers :joke: ]
Gemma Gary- Cornish Witchcraft
Carr-Gomm + Heygate- The Book of English Magic
Greenwood- Complete Illustrated Encyclopedia of Witchcraft + Practical Magic (I'm a sucker for pretty photos)
Hardie-Enchanted: Titania's Book of White Magic

I'm sure these books will be of use to me down the line (should I go this line :)). Thanks for the recommendations. I do appreciate it!