bosch tarot

jade

has anyone used this deck? i'm thinking of getting it and wanted to know what other's thought of it.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/bosch/index.html

jade :)

Andryh

Hi Jade!
I acquired the Bosch tarot a few months ago. It is a deck done in tribute to the famous 15th century painter, Hieronymus Bosch. The deck is phenomenally executed, and truly one of the most fascinating decks I've had the pleasure of seeing. That being said; this unique deck is not for everyone.

Firstly, the creatures (or should I say monsters) and nightmarish backdrops featured on these cards are very haunting if not downright disturbing. Way back in the days of Bosch, before the enlightenment of science that we now take for granted, the world was miraculous as it was terrifying. That is keenly conveyed in this tarot deck. It speaks volumes on the imaginings and fears of the people of Bosch's era. It is a pleasure to own if only to peak into this dark side of the human psyche, should that suit your fancy!

The second point I should make, is that this deck, though a marvelous art deck, is not well suited as a reading deck. As far as I can see, there is little meaning in the imagery used. It doesn't seem to utilize symbolism to convey any sort of trancendant truth. As a reading deck, I think it could prove rather dissapointing. Nontheless, as a fascinating curiosity item, it reigns supreme. Hope this helps.

jade

yes it does.....thank you so much!

i wanted it for a reading deck so i won't bother getting it. :)

in light,
jade

Kaz

There was another thread on this deck, I'll bump it for you.

Kaz

jade

thanks kaz. i already checked it out actually.

i posted for the moderator to remove this thread but i typed post instead of thread LOL.......so only my post asking for it to be removed was removed LOL

thanks for bumping it up anyway.

love
jade