Celtic Dragon-Reversed Readings

di

I was re-reading the book that came with my CD deck and according to the creator, this deck is only read in the upright position. She does not explain why that is so. Does anyone have an answer for this?
I feel that you cannot do a reading properly if you do not take reversals into account. But that's just me.

Diana

WolfWalker

Namaste,
I also have the Celtic Dragon deck, and yes, I do see where the book states that these cards are to be read in the upright position only. This is just my opinion here, but I tend to think that if you want to read "any" deck including reversals, that's up to you. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Walk in peace,
WolfWalker

divinerguy

Diana -

You paid for the deck. Read it as you wish.

Gary

glamourbug

I have decks (although i cant think which ones right now!) that dont seem to bother with reversals but i always take them into consideration. I feel reversed cards are important in my readings.

If you want to read reversals you should if you feel they are unimportant then dont read them. This is just one of those things that depends on the person reading/using the deck.

Lisa

di

Thanks for the responses. I'll probably be using the CD as my personal deck now that I've realized that my initial aversion to these cards had more to do with the authors "get-in-touch-with-your-inner-dragon" attitude and the way she spelled magic (magick) than the actual cards.
Thanks again :D

Di

glamourbug

Di,

Many people spell the word 'magic' with a k to differenciate between the magick practiced in traditions like Wicca and magic that a magician does.

Magic is often seen as illusions or 'tricks' while magick is the use of energy to create things in your life or the harnessing or the energy around us.

Lisa

bec

Glamourbug,
THANK YOU for that explanation on the difference in magic and magick - that one has been given me gray hair to figure out *GG*

Di,
I use Shapeshifter also designed by Lisa Hunt, and that one also don?t have reversal meanings ..... what I do is letting the cards stay upright, but if one should find its way to reverse, no way I?m gonna read it upright.
I?ve never experienced it yet though and find the deck to be very accurate.

It?s all up to you :)

di

Bec, it's amazing how accurate and true these cards are. I did my first reading on myself and a friend talked me into doing one on her yesterday. Both times, the Celtic Dragon was dead on!
I also got this book last week called "Tarot for a New Generation" by Janina Renee. Between the book that came with my cards, this book and just the detail on the cards, I'm able to do pretty good readings.
Sorry for rambling...must be newbie excitement...or something.

Di.

bec

It may be the "newbie" excitement - although I hope you *never* loose it !!

Yes they do hit jackpot don?t they - I have an accuracy over 85% with these cards - I?ve notised that the waite only gives me between 60-80%

So keep the excitement boiling Di :D

Ceti

Di,
Usually when the creator of a deck advocates that the cards be read in upright position, they are coming out of the belief that the archetypes contain all energies and considering them blocked (reversed) or flowing (upright) does not do this justice. Circular decks were created for similar reasons. This view holds that intuition and the interrelationship of the cards in a spread guide the interpretations. You could say that the blunt instrument of up or down is granted subtlety.

Ceti