Daily reading on eating urges

Trogon

This was a daily reading on controlling my urges to over-eat (it is a daily struggle for me). I'm using the Necronomicon Tarot and the images tend to be quite different from the RWS I'm more used to, but it is based on the same card meanings. Because the images are quite different, I've attached a photo of the cards for reference. The spread is a slight variation on a 3-card "issue-blockage-advice". Here is the reading as I interpreted it;

1) Issue - 7 of Swords; Blunted, dull thinking. Clouded mental abilities - this is holding me back from being as decisive and sharp as I'd like to be. Affects many parts of my life due to the mental "flatness".

2) Blockage - 8 of Disks-rx; The word "avarice" comes to mind, though not greed of riches/money. Perhaps a base desire, even addiction to food & eating - especially of "rich" tings such as sweets. Alternatively - eating "greedily" is blocking me from improving?

3) To Concentrate on - 3 of Wands-rx; Need to expend more energy than I'm taking in. In other words, need to both limit how much I eat, as well as becoming more active. [A couple of hours after the reading I added this; It occurs to me this card could very much be about redirecting my energies.

I feel like what I got from the reading is good information ... but I wanted to see what some of you good folks might feel about the cards in this reading.

Attachments

• 20170522_194721.jpg
    20170522_194721.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 99

Saskia

This was a daily reading on controlling my urges to over-eat (it is a daily struggle for me).

1) Issue - 7 of Swords

2) Blockage - 8 of Disks-rx

3) To Concentrate on - 3 of Wands-rx

Hi Trogon,

ok, how to control your urge to eat.

The issue is you thinking that you can get away with if if you only steal one snack here, other bite there (7S).

7S is about sneaking behind someone else`s back, perhaps in this case your subconscious mind sneaking behind your conscious mind`s back. You probably keep tabs on how much you eat and how often, but somehow more food slips in than intended. Say, you don`t count those couple of biscuits with coffee, or a few slices of sausage while cooking. Or, you might think you can eat more than you need if you buy low-fat, low-calorie products, hence you`re taking in more than your fair share (7S again).

What`s blocking you is lack of practice, quite literally (8P Rx).

You don`t seem to stick with a regime, either a diet (by diet I mean style of eating, such as low-carb, not an overtly restrictive meal plan), or workout plan. How could you make sticking to a rhythm worthwhile to you? 8P is all about repetition, practice, mastery, effort, day after day. It`s easily boring, so you need to find your own system to make it engaging, your second nature.

You need to concentrate more on the now instead of future (3W, future, 3W rx, now or past, in my style of reading).

Maybe you put too much emphasis on dreaming about the day when over-eating is not a problem anymore, or when you`ve lost weight. That`s not enough to keep you on track in the NOW. How could you make yourself *prefer* eating less? Can you find healthy treats (fruit, veg) that you could snack without guilt? Or, what happened in the past that has made you overeat? Are there some undealt-with emotions you compensate by eating? Maybe do another reading on what is causing you to crave food?

Best of luck!

Trogon

Hi Trogon,

ok, how to control your urge to eat.

The issue is you thinking that you can get away with if if you only steal one snack here, other bite there (7S).

7S is about sneaking behind someone else`s back, perhaps in this case your subconscious mind sneaking behind your conscious mind`s back. You probably keep tabs on how much you eat and how often, but somehow more food slips in than intended. Say, you don`t count those couple of biscuits with coffee, or a few slices of sausage while cooking. Or, you might think you can eat more than you need if you buy low-fat, low-calorie products, hence you`re taking in more than your fair share (7S again).

Hmm. This actually fits pretty good. In the image of the Necronomicon card drawn, it shows the sword-maker in the background grinding the edge on a sword. But in the foreground the woman is taking a sword without him noticing. I had felt that maybe the sword he was working on was very dull. I couldn't fit the more standard meaning. But I think you've got it here.

What`s blocking you is lack of practice, quite literally (8P Rx).

You don`t seem to stick with a regime, either a diet (by diet I mean style of eating, such as low-carb, not an overtly restrictive meal plan), or workout plan. How could you make sticking to a rhythm worthwhile to you? 8P is all about repetition, practice, mastery, effort, day after day. It`s easily boring, so you need to find your own system to make it engaging, your second nature.

This actually fits well with the RWS imagery and does fit in with my actual past experiences. I hadn't actually thought of the reversed as lack of a routine, but yes, that fits quite well with this card. (I'm off to add this to my notes for this card.)

You need to concentrate more on the now instead of future (3W, future, 3W rx, now or past, in my style of reading).

Maybe you put too much emphasis on dreaming about the day when over-eating is not a problem anymore, or when you`ve lost weight. That`s not enough to keep you on track in the NOW. How could you make yourself *prefer* eating less? Can you find healthy treats (fruit, veg) that you could snack without guilt? Or, what happened in the past that has made you overeat? Are there some undealt-with emotions you compensate by eating? Maybe do another reading on what is causing you to crave food?

Both of these aspects are appropriate to the reading. I think in this particular one, the concentrating on the "now" was probably what this card was saying (as it was the intent of the position - something to concentrate on for "today"). The looking into the past was a reading I did a few days ago.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much! Your interpretations were very helpful. Definitely will help me in applying things to this type of reading.

Trogon

I feel we've got this reading figured out. Thanks very much. No further replies needed.

Saskia

Good to know Trogon, glad that I could help! šŸ˜Š

headincloud

Just to add the 7S is strongly tied to self sabotage, the 8P rx is no commitment to your goal of weight loss, half hearted effect and the like and as a result of this the ships are not coming in for you in the 3W rx and there's no return on whatever effort you have made.

Sharla

The issue regarding you over eating (7 swords) = this is about you spending too much time alone, this is not a very sociable card, its where you can be quite detached from people and because of this will most likely spend your time indoors on your own, or even if you do go out your not much of a sociable person.

Whats blocking you (8 pents) **i don't read rx cards so will read this upright.**
But i'm getting the same from this card too, what ive said in the previous one....about you being a little anti social, this could be from mistrust also and also a lack of confidence in forming new friendships.

To concentrate more on (3 wands) well this card says it all....youve got to get yourself out there a little more. You need to get out of this rut your in and bring some adventure back and excitement into your life, this will then make you feel more confident and happier and you wont then have the chance to be over eating, as you'll be having too much fun.

Trogon

Just to add the 7S is strongly tied to self sabotage, the 8P rx is no commitment to your goal of weight loss, half hearted effect and the like and as a result of this the ships are not coming in for you in the 3W rx and there's no return on whatever effort you have made.

Thanks headincloud. I hadn't really considered the "self sabotage" aspect of the 7S. Then when one does consider that, the 8P-rx and the 3W-rx fall right into place on this reading. And it is another aspect that I deal with. Excellent interpretation.

Trogon

The issue regarding you over eating (7 swords) = this is about you spending too much time alone, this is not a very sociable card, its where you can be quite detached from people and because of this will most likely spend your time indoors on your own, or even if you do go out your not much of a sociable person.

Whats blocking you (8 pents) **i don't read rx cards so will read this upright.**
But i'm getting the same from this card too, what ive said in the previous one....about you being a little anti social, this could be from mistrust also and also a lack of confidence in forming new friendships.

To concentrate more on (3 wands) well this card says it all....youve got to get yourself out there a little more. You need to get out of this rut your in and bring some adventure back and excitement into your life, this will then make you feel more confident and happier and you wont then have the chance to be over eating, as you'll be having too much fun.

That's another take on the 7 of Swords that I hadn't really considered. I do tend to stay home a fair bit ... but I'd have to say it's more from laziness than from being antisocial. When I do go out, I have no trouble interacting with people ... but yeah, it is rare when I get up and go out. Though I'm not as much of a social person as my father was.

Hmmm. And, when it comes down to it, you're right about the 8 of Pents carrying a similar meaning to the 7 S, with the same variations which I mentioned.

Your interpretation of the 3 of Wands flows from the other cards very well. And "stuck in a rut" is dead on. I won't even begin to talk about the things I'm not doing. :D

Thanks very much for the help Sharla!