Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 281 : December 17 - December 23

BodhiSeed

I'm in with Giordano Berti's Oriental Tarot paired with the Art of Asia Oracle. Thank you VG! :heart:

AJ

rethinking, note below
thank you VG

DaughterOfDanu

I'm going to float around with whatever catches my eye till my Bonefire Tarot gets opened on the 21st. Then I'll be working with that and the Moon Deck for the rest of the week and probably next week as well :)

dianekay

I enjoyed my two weeks with Crow's Magick, but I'm ready to move on to Deviant Moon for this week. I'll be using the companion book as I work through the deck.

AJ

switched to the Enchanted Astrologer.
The Karma cards get pretty personal, better used working through something privately I think.
Thanks VG

dianekay

Deviant Moon

There is so much about Deviant Moon that I love. I really click with the artwork (especially the minors) and I think the meanings embedded in these images are nuanced and very smart. At least they work for me--I've learned quite a bit in my short time with this deck. I wish it were a little less RWS overall, but it is what it is as they say.
However a few of the majors are quite a bit off for the way I read--the Hermit and the Moon especially. And these two majors are extremely important to me in a deck!
We'll see how it goes this week...

DaughterOfDanu

Oh no! My Bonefire is due in tomorrow. Yet I wanted to open it Wednesday morning. Considering how I held out all of like 15 minutes when I got my Moon Deck in, earlier this month, it should be interesting to see how long I can wait before immersing myself in the Bonefire's beauty. Fingers crossed that I have enough self control :p

dianekay

Why do you want to wait till Wednesday? Not to sound like an enabler, but I don't think I'd be able to wait!

Madame Squee

Why do you want to wait till Wednesday? Not to sound like an enabler, but I don't think I'd be able to wait!

My grandma opened packages as they arrived. Then, she would re-wrap and place under the tree for Christmas morning. There's no time like the present! :D

EmpyreanKnight

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Wednesday is the Winter Solstice. I myself usually open new decks only on special days like holidays, birthdays, etc.