dieing in a dream.....

jade

thank you all.

in light,
jade

Malachite

I have never experienced this, or met anyone who has. I once almost experienced it through someone else's eyes while spirit-wandering, but got out before we actually hit the ground...*blood running cold*

My first instinct was to ask what they saw...*d'oh*

However, on serious note, I feel that Zorya's reply is good...*well done Zorya!*...I think it might have something to do either with an actual fear of death, or , metaphorically, an unwillingness to sacrifice in order to grow. Is your friend coming up to any hard decisions? *straining for an example*..like...giving up a job to pursue a dream career/college course,

...a feeling of insurmountable issues, coupled with a knowledge that you can still actually change the situation if you give up time from other things you love doing.
Oh!...and i think its a basic stage of growing up to realise your mortality at some point...at least, I know I did, and several of my friends did...dreaming death could be a manifestation of this if it is blocked conciously...

jade

no.

but i do know that she is moving soon to a new city with no there she knows. do you think that could be it?

she's a really together, amazing person. hence, i am lost as to why she would be dreaming of being gunned down by a hit man.

in light,
???
jade

Malachite

Might be...apparently moving house is the third scariest thing you can do, after marrying, and divorcing...
although I'm guessing the person that ranked such things never gave birth, never got chased by a lion, and never went to war...

Perhaps if she sits down with a friend/family...be it you or another,... and thinks of all the things that would be scary, says them out loud, and discusses ways for them not to be so scary?..also out loud...

Not sure...

amyel

I have died in dreams, and in retrospect, these heralded significant growth. Sort of like I had to lay one aspect of my old life behind before I could move on. I have also fallen - sometimes hitting and sometimes not - and sometimes *saving* myself by soaring thru the air. I'd often heard that falling and/or dying in a dream was bad, but I have never taken it to be so, actually.

I suppose it can be very disconcerting to *watch* yourself die in a dream, but if you are spiritual, you likely believe in some sort of death as a door to another level. This can mean in this life, too, I think.

Just my opinion.

Spasticgirlie

I think of death in dreams kind of like rebirth. Also moving on to something new in your life. I have never died in a dream that I remember. But I do have friends that say they have. However they didnt wake up and their dream continued as if they were a ghost of something. I think the dream just really needs to be looked into so that the significance of death can be figured out.