Getting doubles in a Lenormand reading

ana luisa

I never thought of that but my deck has doubles for some cards and today, I got Tree Tree. How would you interpret that ? The tree on the left is and oak and the one on the right is Holly. Btw, the reading was a 2 carder. My initial take was that it was moving from a healthy tree to one that had to stand the winter. so, basically, a movement from warm and good, to cold and depleted. But sitll, not very happy with this. I would appreciate any insight. I'm at a loss here ...

Village Witch

Is your deck supposed to have doubles? Are all 36 cards present? Are the two tree cards different from each other?

I bought a tarot deck once that I had to exchange three times as there were missing cards and double cards. I can't help thinking this was a mistake of some kind on the part of the manufacturer.

Padma

Ana Luisa, I would personally remove the doubles - they are usually intended for you to chose which version you prefer best, to make up your deck.

Having said that, I would see the two different trees thus: Oak is strong, sturdy, unshakable.
Holly is Solstice's "crown", the king of trees. It can survive any kind of winter, and in fact, flowers in the winter (the red berries). And Tree itself in the Lenormand can mean boring, unchanging.

So I would see the pair as saying "Nothing much going on today" but also "you can survive anything that does happen". Or perhaps it is indicating that you are flourishing, in good health both physically (Oak) and spiritually (Holly).

Hope that helps! I don't know what your question was, though!

RAphrodite

Hi ana,

Are you using the Celtic Lenormand? I use CL, and it has double cards for Tree, Rider, Woman, Man, Dog, Birds (three for birds), Snake. There is a small booklet that comes with these cards which gives more detail about their meanings. For myself, I took out the extra cards because, well, I'm still learning and the extra cards were confusing me.

I like padmas interpertation here as well.

ThtDancerGuy

I never thought of that but my deck has doubles for some cards and today, I got Tree Tree. How would you interpret that ? The tree on the left is and oak and the one on the right is Holly. Btw, the reading was a 2 carder. My initial take was that it was moving from a healthy tree to one that had to stand the winter. so, basically, a movement from warm and good, to cold and depleted. But sitll, not very happy with this. I would appreciate any insight. I'm at a loss here ...

Hi ana luisa,

First off let me start by saying that what kind of tree is on each card is completely irrelevant to reading the Lenormand. In Lenormand, the Tree is the Tree is the Tree. It symbolizes health, deep roots, family roots and ancestral connections, among other contextual meanings. They give you doubles of cards so you have a choice to choose which you'd rather include in your deck, but they are not meant to both be used in the deck; as I said, the Tree is the Tree is the Tree. If you are reading what type of tree it is then you are reading the cards like Tarot and thus you are not getting out of Lenormand what it is meant to give you – simplistic, direct answers.

Barleywine

Regardless of why they're in the deck, this struck a chord in my memory. In the "Philippe Lenormand" sheet (the original LWB) it says: "more trees of different cards together leave no doubt about the realization of all reasonable wishes." I know I've seen that elsewhere too. You might want to take it with a grain of salt in this instance, :)