US Election in Lenormand Terms

Barleywine

I thought I would jump into the US presidential election guessing-game by doing a GT with the Woman card as Hillary Clinton and the Man card as Donald Trump, to see which one faces the most difficult path to the White House at this point in time. Both significators were in the far-left column of the spread, with nothing to the left, suggesting that it's neck-and-neck, and now a whole new ballgame. The Woman card was directly above the Man card, implying a slightly superior position, but I didn't attach much importance to it because there was a 50-50 chance of either one being above the other. At the very most, the Woman directly beneath the Moon/Garden pair and in fact mirroring the Garden vertically could be showing that public perception rather than her stance on the issues is the source of her apparent slight edge in the opinion polls. The Man card below her mirrors the Moon vertically, reflecting that he stands on his reputation for performance and public perception is a secondary consideration. (Series in the first column was Moon-Garden-Woman-Man.)

Reading the first four cards in the spread as the "message" of the reading. it has reputation (Moon) being at the mercy of electronic media (Birds) that is delivering a secret (Book) that holds the answer (Key). Interestingly, the Key is mirrored by the Child vertically, suggesting that a younger person may be a crucial party to the answer, and by the Anchor horizontally, implying that the stability of the campaign could be at stake. The Clouds is well out of the picture for both candidates.

The Woman's line develops with the Crossroads (a dilemma) in the house of the Dog (involving a close friend), and then the Dog (another friend, most likely male) in the house of the Tower (within the Establishment), who is trying to help her sail past the vagaries of public opinion (Ship in the house of the Garden). But the line runs head-on into the Coffin in the house of the Mountain and seems to come to a dead stop, which doesn't bode well for ultimate success. The Woman card is in the house of the Storks, which could reflect that she has had to retrench her position.

The Man card is followed by the Sun (the warmth and light of success) in the house of the Book (which could mean that the secret is in his favor, or at least that he could weather one that isn't), with a treacherous woman (the Snake) next in line, whose fangs are pulled a bit by the Mice in the house of the Man (who is nibbling away at her potency), then the Storks in the house of the Woman (notice the doubling), which I see as him moving over and past her to relocate to his new home (House in the house of the - white - Lilies), followed by the Star in the house of the Sun providing strong optimism to round out the picture.

The Woman is knighted by the Birds (possibly a hint at the e-mail leaks), the Tree (which could be an indicator of the health concerns surrounding Clinton), and the Snake, which is either her or someone acting on her behalf, positioning herself to block the Man.

The Man is knighted by the Lilies (being above, a strong sign of happiness), the Dog in the house of the Tower (which could show his own loyal Establishment supporter), and the Tower in the house of the Key (which could be another bit of synchronicity involving a structure and the answer: Key-House and Tower-Key).

The Man is mirrored horizontally by the Fox, delivering a whiff of questionable trustworthiness, and the Woman by the Letter, implying that she might be "served papers." The Dog card - which is a major "player" for both candidates, knights to the Book (he knows something) and the Child (perhaps involving the crucial young person). That individual must be feeling a lot of pressure right now.

The Woman's diagonal line ends in the Book (the secret revealed), while the Man's ends in the Key (the answer). Finally, the Man is in the house of the Ring, suggesting a pact, and the Ring is in the house of the Anchor, indicating a lasting relationship.

Personally, I don't like either one of them; neither is what the American people deserve. One is a globalist who would "give away the store" and the other is a corporatist who would most likely keep (even more of) it for himself, and both care more about their own wealth and status than about redeeming the American way of life and preserving the Constitution. But it does appear from this spread that Trump has the clearest success path.

DownUnderNZer

Storks on WOMAN and WOMAN on Storks is significant.
Some changes are coming up for her and improvements of some kind.

Does it point in what direction?

DND :)

I thought I would jump into the US presidential election guessing-game by doing a GT with the Woman card as Hillary Clinton and the Man card as Donald Trump, to see which one faces the most difficult path to the White House at this point in time. Both significators were in the far-left column of the spread, with nothing to the left, suggesting that it's neck-and-neck, and now a whole new ballgame. The Woman card was directly above the Man card, implying a slightly superior position, but I didn't attach much importance to it because there was a 50-50 chance of either one being above the other. At the very most, the Woman directly beneath the Moon/Garden pair and in fact mirroring the Garden vertically could be showing that public perception rather than her stance on the issues is the source of her apparent slight edge in the opinion polls. The Man card below her mirrors the Moon vertically, reflecting that he stands on his reputation for performance and public perception is a secondary consideration. (Series in the first column was Moon-Garden-Woman-Man.)

Reading the first four cards in the spread as the "message" of the reading. it has reputation (Moon) being at the mercy of electronic media (Birds) that is delivering a secret (Book) that holds the answer (Key). Interestingly, the Key is mirrored by the Child vertically, suggesting that a younger person may be a crucial party to the answer, and by the Anchor horizontally, implying that the stability of the campaign could be at stake. The Clouds is well out of the picture for both candidates.

The Woman's line develops with the Crossroads (a dilemma) in the house of the Dog (involving a close friend), and then the Dog (another friend, most likely male) in the house of the Tower (within the Establishment), who is trying to help her sail past the vagaries of public opinion (Ship in the house of the Garden). But the line runs head-on into the Coffin in the house of the Mountain and seems to come to a dead stop, which doesn't bode well for ultimate success. The Woman card is in the house of the Storks, which could reflect that she has had to retrench her position.

The Man card is followed by the Sun (the warmth and light of success) in the house of the Book (which could mean that the secret is in his favor, or at least that he could weather one that isn't), with a treacherous woman (the Snake) next in line, whose fangs are pulled a bit by the Mice in the house of the Man (who is nibbling away at her potency), then the Storks in the house of the Woman (notice the doubling), which I see as him moving over and past her to relocate to his new home (House in the house of the - white - Lilies), followed by the Star in the house of the Sun providing strong optimism to round out the picture.

The Woman is knighted by the Birds (possibly a hint at the e-mail leaks), the Tree (which could be an indicator of the health concerns surrounding Clinton), and the Snake, which is either her or someone acting on her behalf, positioning herself to block the Man.

The Man is knighted by the Lilies (being above, a strong sign of happiness), the Dog in the house of the Tower (which could show his own loyal Establishment supporter), and the Tower in the house of the Key (which could be another bit of synchronicity involving a structure and the answer: Key-House and Tower-Key).

The Man is mirrored horizontally by the Fox, delivering a whiff of questionable trustworthiness, and the Woman by the Letter, implying that she might be "served papers." The Dog card - which is a major "player" for both candidates, knights to the Book (he knows something) and the Child (perhaps involving the crucial young person). That individual must be feeling a lot of pressure right now.

The Woman's diagonal line ends in the Book (the secret revealed), while the Man's ends in the Key (the answer). Finally, the Man is in the house of the Ring, suggesting a pact, and the Ring is in the house of the Anchor, indicating a lasting relationship.

Personally, I don't like either one of them; neither is what the American people deserve. One is a globalist who would "give away the store" and the other is a corporatist who would most likely keep (even more of) it for himself, and both care more about their own wealth and status than about redeeming the American way of life and preserving the Constitution. But it does appear from this spread that Trump has the clearest success path.

DownUnderNZer

I read the 9 x 4 differently to the 8 X 4 + 4.

What is your GT format?

SUN on BOOK followed by SNAKE on LETTER. (Hope that is right).

Am wondering if it could also be along the lines of:

Clarity or the truth revealed about something written that is corrupt/deceitful/slanderous connected to the MAN whether about him or from him etc. And with MICE on MAN - a lot of stress. Break down of different aspects to his life and usually not fixable.

He is under duress with this last leg of the race I reckon. :D

You know, I hope whoever WINS is the LESS of two evils.

Barleywine

Recognize that I have two significators here. Storks on Woman is in the Man's line, so Storks relates mainly to him, not her; it's connection to her line is primarily through the Coffin, and Coffin/Storks looks like "negative change" or "no change." I consider houses to be secondary indicators anyway, so I don't read a whole lot into them. In this case, I see the house of the Woman modifying the expression of the Storks in relation to his success path. Women on the house of Storks is her primary connection. It seems like, in the first case, it retards his chances for positive change because she is his adversary, vowed to defeat him, while the second instance increases the probability of improvement for her. But it's really a minor chord in the overall outlook. In the big picture, it looks like an inconsequential hindrance or augmentation in either case, part of the normal course of political jockeying for position.

Barleywine

I read the 9 x 4 differently to the 8 X 4 + 4.

What is your GT format?

SUN on BOOK followed by SNAKE on LETTER. (Hope that is right).

Am wondering if it could also be along the lines of:

Clarity or the truth revealed about something written that is corrupt/deceitful/slanderous connected to the MAN whether about him or from him etc. And with MICE on MAN - a lot of stress. Break down of different aspects to his life and usually not fixable.

He is under duress with this last leg of the race I reckon. :D

You know, I hope whoever WINS is the LESS of two evils.

I use the 8X4+4 exclusively. Sun on Book and Snake on Letter is correct. Something in writing is implied; so far the main damaging written material has been the leaked e-mails with national security implications from Clinton's private computer. The negative stuff on Trump has been mostly video. There is still the risk of an indictment for Clinton (signified by the Letter); the Letter underlying the Snake in Trump's line could be an Achilles heel for whomever is being shown by the Snake, unless that person is holding something in reserve (but they're running out of time). Sun on Book could indeed be shining a light on secret knowledge of some kind, but it's a bit late in the game for major impact unless it's really huge. I'm seeing the Sun adjacent to the Man and leading the way for him as kind of blowing out that potential.

DownUnderNZer

So, does the reading then imply that the "hardest path" is for Trump overall?.

Recognize that I have two significators here. Storks on Woman is in the Man's line, so Storks relates mainly to him, not her; it's connection to her line is primarily through the Coffin, and Coffin/Storks looks like "negative change" or "no change." I consider houses to be secondary indicators anyway, so I don't read a whole lot into them. In this case, I see the house of the Woman modifying the expression of the Storks in relation to his success path. Women on the house of Storks is her primary connection. It seems like, in the first case, it retards his chances for positive change because she is his adversary, vowed to defeat him, while the second instance increases the probability of improvement for her. But it's really a minor chord in the overall outlook. In the big picture, it looks like an inconsequential hindrance or augmentation in either case, part of the normal course of political jockeying for position.

Barleywine

So, does the reading then imply that the "hardest path" is for Trump overall?.

No, I don't believe so. Clinton's path encounters the Coffin in the house of the Mountain, a rather forbidding combination, and recovery doesn't look especially robust, while the line ends with the Letter, suggesting that she might still be "served papers" (an indictment). The FBI isn't done with her yet.

DownUnderNZer

Kind of hard following the flow of thought when not seeing the actual spread, but I get now why you think the SUN following the MAN would be "light of success" using "lines" for each person rather than "houses" as extra depth etc.

No, I don't believe so. Clinton's path encounters the Coffin in the house of the Mountain, a rather forbidding combination, and recovery doesn't look especially robust, while the line ends with the Letter, suggesting that she might still be "served papers" (an indictment). The FBI isn't done with her yet.

decan

I have not followed the presidentials lately in the US, but I was reading your analysis and wondered where is the Star with regard to both of the candidates.
Actually I understood that it is Trump who is closest to the Star (great luck)?

Barleywine

I have not followed the presidentials lately in the US, but I was reading your analysis and wondered where is the Star with regard to both of the candidates.
Actually I understood that it is Trump who is closest to the Star (great luck)?

Correct, the Stars is on the Sun and it is in the Man's line immediately after the House. If Storks + House suggests him moving to a new residence (a big, old - House on Lilies - white one, since the context is about winning the election), one combo meaning of House + Stars is "a dream home or lucky home." The Stars isn't really close to either significator, being "very far" when using the "distance method," but it's one position closer to the Man. Possibly the Stars' connection to the Sun card through its house is a fortunate (for Trump) echo of the Sun itself being immediately next to and to the right of the Man card.

What I'm really wondering here is what the common theme of the Dog on Tower represents. It may not be an Establishment friend of either candidate, but instead a "friend of the American people" who knows the "answer" implicit in the "secret" revealed in the "electronic media" - Dog also knights to Birds (maybe FBI Director Comey? Coming from the era of J. Edgar Hoover, I NEVER thought I'd say that). The final mystery, then is the importance of the Child to the Dog. Some kind of "smoking gun" buried in the 650,000 e-mails just discovered? One of the FBI leaks seems to point to national-security-related e-mails having been sent to Chelsea Clinton, but so far that's unconfirmed. This is a highly-charged and troubling situation all around.