GILL

Pollux

It's coming in my mailbox soon,
so I wanted to know how you feel with it, how you used it,
if ever there is a suggestion, a something...

I saw this deck here, and sent the oder 12 hours later.
YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I can't wait to receive it! :)

kayne

Umm... sorry Pollux but... what are you refering to?

Thanks
:cool: K

jema

gill have always been one of my comfort-decks. when all else fails i turn to Gill. i find that the words on the cards are actually helpful to me. i esp love the courtcards. they can be very vague in many decks - Gill made them come out with their own distinct personality.
my suggestion is that you try it in comparative readings. the abstract minors can give extra insights into readings with other decks if you do a lay-over with the Gill.

kayne

Oh! Sorry... of course. I have never seen this deck before. I just looked it up on Google.com. Very interesting. It is unusual the way the Minor Arcana use numbers and key words as part of the design. I can see why it would be a good deck for learning. The cards seem quite wide... Are they difficult to shuffle?

Tell us how you enjoy your new purchase Pollux! (When it arives :) )

:cool: K

faunabay

I've really been thinking about this deck too. I'll be very interested in your thoughts Pollux. It just looks so different!!

Pollux

Well, the deck doesn't seem to be around yet!
FUC**NG Italian MAIL, and it will even cost me a bunchamoney!
UFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! :(

Jema, that's a great Idea!
I found the minor (seen on the Internet) fascinating too, even though I've read there's more in deep, just as much to shift from learning to advancing.
I've found there' a book by the author, in which she explains all of the implications and things related to the deck.
In addition, she seems to be hooked oin the Tree of Life!
So it WILL be a valuable learing too! I'm so excited! :)

WHEN THE HELL AM I RECEIVENG MY ALIDAPACK!!!!!!!!!! :( :'(

P.S. Shifting umor is a paramount problem when I got exams!!! :D

Pollux

YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
The pack arrived today!!!
It was Aquarian+Gill, but it's the latter we're talking about.

I've no elements now to talk about - I'm so busy with exams!!! :'( - but answer to "material" questions.

The cards are not large at all, they just look so on the Internet ;) . They're the smallest I've ever handled (apart from Neapolitan PLaycards, of course! ;) ); they are not SMALL in a negative way, they're just fine, cute! The shape is oddish, since they are almost as long as wide, almost square-like. But that is not negative, I repeat, they're very comfortable to handle, at least for me - my hands are medium size. The cardboard is thin, but robust.

The pictures are beautiful, all of them. Only a couple of cards I'm not really mad about - Priest, Sun ... - but they are on the standard of course!
The Ace of Cups is named "Beauty". That's AWESOME! I was just thinking about this some day ago! Beauty and Earth/Water, and the difference between Earth beauty and Water beauty.

I'll post soon. Give me time to personalize and connect with the cards, and stard using them somehow. ^_^

P.S. I'm so happy!!!!!!! :-D