Imbolc: A Time for Becoming...

banbha

You found a beautiful poem there, banbha. :)

Thank you MandMaud! It really struck a cord in me! I was hoping it would in you all too. :)

A merry Imbolc, Banbha and others! May the returning light suffuse and ignite you all! :)

I loved the poem :love: thanks for that, Banbha!

I will say though that over here in Canada, Imbolc takes longer to be felt, here on our Northern doorstep ;) There won't be snowdrops till end of March. But the spirit is willing, even if the warmth is weak!

:love:

A Merry Imbolc to you Padma! :)

May the Vernal Equinox bring you a multitude of snowdrops! :love:

banbha

Well I attended the St. Brigid's retreat at the National Cathedral last night, and to my surprise many of the attendees expressed their desire to learn more about and become closer with Goddess Brigid! So it was very much an atmosphere with a sense of openness to different paths. That made me happy :)

It reminded me of this song that I found a couple of years ago by artist Celia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxeTnU_qmhE

She praises the goddess and the saint in her lyrics, and says, "People of all paths will gather round to sing your name." Love that :)

Blessings to all in this season of Imbolc!

Blessings of the season to you RavenOfSummer!

It's wonderful that there were many who wanted to learn of the goddess Brigid and become closer to her! Perhaps it is a resurgence to the root of season, hidden beneath ground for a thousand winters!

I love the song by the artist Celia. :heart: She is new to me. It got me listening to all the Imbolc songs in that set and I came across some old favorites:

First is a traditional Ode to Brigid in Irish by Blanche Rowan. The artist is new to me but not the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqN3XAqoFDg

" not just in Ireland, but in many countries ... a shining lantern, a flame throughout the land ... winter is hard and dark, but once Brigid's day comes, spring cannot be far behind"

Second are some Lisa Thiel Songs: Song to Brigid and Imbolc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXcON5cL9vw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3jcKOQe_HA

banbha

I love this altar, so simple.

i6.jpg

RavenOfSummer

I love this altar, so simple.

i6.jpg

Love that altar as well! I was actually hoping we'd get some snow here for Imbolc this year (last year there was snow on the ground and we brought some inside to use as part of our Imbolc ritual) but no such luck :)

I love the songs you posted as well, and thanks for posting the translation of the Ode to Brigid! I love the song but never knew what the words meant. One of my projects in the past couple of years was to make playlists for the whole Wheel of the Year :) Here is my Imbolc playlist: http://8tracks.com/margaritanoir/imbolc

Pretty sure you can listen at 8tracks without creating an account if anyone is interested, and accounts are free :)

banbha

I love the songs you posted as well, and thanks for posting the translation of the Ode to Brigid! I love the song but never knew what the words meant. One of my projects in the past couple of years was to make playlists for the whole Wheel of the Year :) Here is my Imbolc playlist: http://8tracks.com/margaritanoir/imbolc

Pretty sure you can listen at 8tracks without creating an account if anyone is interested, and accounts are free :)

That is a beautiful Imbolc play list. I hadn't heard Altan in some time! Thank you for sharing. :heart: It's such a great and ambitious idea to make playlists for the Wheel of the Year. :)

And thank you for reintroducing me to 8track. I created an account a couple of years ago and then I slipped away from it. I must have not had a lot of time to spare in 2015. I forgot what fun it is to listen and search through music there. You have to upgrade now if you want to do anything substantial, but from what I can see so far I think it's worth it. :)

RavenOfSummer

That is a beautiful Imbolc play list. I hadn't heard Altan in some time! Thank you for sharing. :heart: It's such a great and ambitious idea to make playlists for the Wheel of the Year. :)

And thank you for reintroducing me to 8track. I created an account a couple of years ago and then I slipped away from it. I must have not had a lot of time to spare in 2015. I forgot what fun it is to listen and search through music there. You have to upgrade now if you want to do anything substantial, but from what I can see so far I think it's worth it. :)

Ooh, that's cool banbha! I'm so glad you rediscovered. I love 8tracks :cool3:

I'll share the rest of my Wheel of the Year playlists in the forums throughout the year!

banbha

Ooh, that's cool banbha! I'm so glad you rediscovered. I love 8tracks :cool3:

I'll share the rest of my Wheel of the Year playlists in the forums throughout the year!

Yes, please do! :)

Morwenna

Oh, I've been so remiss...

I let it go by this year with no observance whatsoever. There was a service at church for Imbolc a week ago but I had to work.

But I'm thoroughly delighted to read these posts and see your altars and read the poems you wrote and found. (That picture, Wolfy--is that a Ruth Sanderson? It looks like it; I'm a huge fan of hers.) Now I wish I had been more attentive.

And I need to read these threads more often; you folks help keep me on track.

banbha

Oh, I've been so remiss...

I let it go by this year with no observance whatsoever. There was a service at church for Imbolc a week ago but I had to work.

But I'm thoroughly delighted to read these posts and see your altars and read the poems you wrote and found. (That picture, Wolfy--is that a Ruth Sanderson? It looks like it; I'm a huge fan of hers.) Now I wish I had been more attentive.

And I need to read these threads more often; you folks help keep me on track.

Morwenna, it is still the Imbolc season. I think if you wanted to do a personal observance it would still fit in with the day. It still 'feels' like Imbolc to me. My altar is up and I'm still listening to the music. It's not like Christmas with the huge buildup then once it's over, it's over. It's more organic and goes with the ebb and flow of the season. :)

You could celebrate Imbolc on the Full Moon, February 10th at 7:33 EST.

Morwenna

Ooo, thanks for the thought. :) In fact we're supposed to get more snow on the 9th (we've had very little so far, and most of it's melted--doesn't look very festive for anything right now). It'll have to be just a small observance, though, with no decorations.

I did say you folks were good for keeping me on track... :)