King of Pentacles/2 of Cups

MorganaLaFae

I have literally had this combo over and over and over with them coming out either way first, it doesn't seem to matter to tge cards!

Backstory. I was seeing someone a couple of years ago we split well then fought and didn't speak.
3 months ago we got back in contact. He was clear he isn't interested in 'just friends' and I know if he didn't want to communicate he would just shut off, that's his way. HOWEVER we have developed a very standoffish sort of 'friendly' dynamic and just sat there. So I have off and on asked the cards "what does he want to have with me" and over and over I get these 2 cards.

Now I don't know if I am chasing rainbows thinking what he wants is a solid relationship, where he is the "man"? It crossed my mind that he wants me to find another man for a relationship...but I asked what HE wants with ME...so that doesn't seem quite right to the question.

I would LOVE others opinions on this - whether my thought path seems accurate or whether there is another avenue I haven't even considered...I'm not totally sure on my view as he does not express anything at ALL. If anything he keeps me very firmly at arms length so I couldn't possibly imagine if that thought it right...thanks!

MorganaLaFae

Just to add - this is over 2 different decks - my Crystal Vision and Old English. Just to be silly I tried AGAIN this morning with my Old English - Super carefully shuffled (by individually separating the cards into 6 piles THEN shuffling), asked how he felt about me and bam - 2 of cups and King of Pents. Help!

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi MorganLaFae,

Was this a complete reading (or a couple of complete readings), just those 2 cards?
I'm trying to determine whether this thread is in the right place as Your Readings is for complete readings only (there's a box above your post with a short version of the posting rules in it).

If there were more cards, don't add them in but let us know and we can move this over to Using Tarot Cards for you.

Sulis - moderator

MorganaLaFae

Just those two cards - that was the full reading each time :)

MorganaLaFae

The King of Pents has now been replaced by the three of pents...and I'm still unsure lol! Is it a similar idea, but rather than specifically he wants to build something he wants to build it together???

Tara

Hi MorganaLafey
How are you? First I am unclear as to what you mean when you say he made it clear he does not want to be 'just friends'. Are you saying he told you he wants a relationship or a sexual relationship?

Based on me not knowing what you mean by the comment above, and his apparently immature actions towards you now, here it is.

Since you don't mention if you do reversals, I am looking at the cards as a whole with both neutral positive and negative aspects depending on my intuition, the cards around it the question and background, so both could be reversed if you know what I mean.King of Pentacles and Two of Cups

He could be obstinate, inflexible and insecure. What was it that broke you two up before? Is he a gentleman or coarse? If the king is what he wants from you, I would actually probably see it more as him wanting positive qualities of the king in YOU. Like do you take responsibility for your actions and in your life and in work in particular maybe? Are you patient and dependable? Does he want you to take action to finish a profession ? He could simply want to reconcile your differences and heal any rift you had with the break up. If he does see you as his soulmate, remember that soulmate relationships do not necessarily mean it is like in heaven. That is why they are 'soul'.... He is here to teach you a lesson and vice versa but happiness may elude you both. What have you learnt from your previous relationship with him? Are you both able to communicate (2 of Cups) or does one of you sulk, as he appears to be doing now? Was the relationship balanced and how long did it last by the way? Look at all aspects of those two cards to see where it was and how it has developed and how it might if you can both have a meeting of mind body and spirit.

These cards always coming up is more than coincidence I agree but constantly pulling cards for the same question does not get you reliable answers either from the universe as your imbalance brings that energy into the mix too I think. Did you say the 3 of pentacles has come up now? Well then maybe there is hope for you to work together if you can learn from your previous mistakes and change the negative patterns that drove you apart in the first place?
Regards
Tara

MorganaLaFae

Hi MorganaLafey
How are you? First I am unclear as to what you mean when you say he made it clear he does not want to be 'just friends'. Are you saying he told you he wants a relationship or a sexual relationship?

Based on me not knowing what you mean by the comment above, and his apparently immature actions towards you now, here it is.

Since you don't mention if you do reversals, I am looking at the cards as a whole with both neutral positive and negative aspects depending on my intuition, the cards around it the question and background, so both could be reversed if you know what I mean.King of Pentacles and Two of Cups

He could be obstinate, inflexible and insecure. What was it that broke you two up before? Is he a gentleman or coarse? If the king is what he wants from you, I would actually probably see it more as him wanting positive qualities of the king in YOU. Like do you take responsibility for your actions and in your life and in work in particular maybe? Are you patient and dependable? Does he want you to take action to finish a profession ? He could simply want to reconcile your differences and heal any rift you had with the break up. If he does see you as his soulmate, remember that soulmate relationships do not necessarily mean it is like in heaven. That is why they are 'soul'.... He is here to teach you a lesson and vice versa but happiness may elude you both. What have you learnt from your previous relationship with him? Are you both able to communicate (2 of Cups) or does one of you sulk, as he appears to be doing now? Was the relationship balanced and how long did it last by the way? Look at all aspects of those two cards to see where it was and how it has developed and how it might if you can both have a meeting of mind body and spirit.

These cards always coming up is more than coincidence I agree but constantly pulling cards for the same question does not get you reliable answers either from the universe as your imbalance brings that energy into the mix too I think. Did you say the 3 of pentacles has come up now? Well then maybe there is hope for you to work together if you can learn from your previous mistakes and change the negative patterns that drove you apart in the first place?
Regards
Tara

Thank you, you gave me a lot to ponder! I do do reversals if that is how the cards choose to come out :)

I asked him when we first started communication again a few months back what he wanted. In his true vague way I eventually got 'he wouldn't be talking if he didn't want something and he is not interested in just being friends'. My thought at the time was simply sex, but as we still communicate and there has been no push for that - well, hence the cards.

The relationship (as such lol) went for a year, and no was never "balanced" in an equality sense, but yes it was the right balance for us. We parted due to a myriad of things happening in my life - it caused a lot of friction between us at the time.

As to lessons - that is precisely why I always considered we came across one another, he is very guarded with feelings but I know for me there were MANY lessons in our time, and I feel like there should have been more but...he is stubborn and free will :) I did ask the cards once how he sees me as opposed to feel and I got Queen of Wands (I assumed he liked the sex lol) so I never associated the King with myself, nor him as he has ALWAYS been King of Swords in every reading I have done with him.

Again, thank you! I am definitely going to take on board what you have suggested and see where that may apply - and yes the last reading was 3 of pents and 2 of cups :)