More small "pocketsize" decks please

faunabay

Why are there not more pocketsize decks to choose from? It's pretty much the small rider waite, connolly, or motherpeace - that I know about. I do have the rider waite but only bought it because it was the best of the bunch.
I would love! - absolutely love! - a small Robin Wood or Cosmic Tribe deck to carry with me all the time.
What does everyone else think? Are there any more out there I don't know about? And I'm not talking about the itsy bitsy ones like the tiny Universal Waite.

jema

well, there are decks that aren't all the big to begine with. i am thinking of the zerner-farber deck and also the alice in wonderland deck. those are the smallest i have and they are both just a little bit bigger then the mini-rider waite.

a deck that could as well be made smaller is the Goddess deck by Waldherr. much of the card is just a frame in that one and it is hard to shuffle for me.

Lee

If you're willing to go to the trouble, you could make any deck small. Just make reduced color copies of the cards. You could put however many cards will fit on the glass, then reduce them and copy them onto the thickest paper that will fit through the color copier. Then cut them apart. You could laminate them, but that might get expensive.

-- Lee

Strange2

There is an excellent Pocket Swiss Crowley Thoth deck available from US Games for $14 US:

http://www.usgamesinc.com/viewProduct.cfm?Product_ID=66179

The deck measure 2-1/4" x 3-1/2", and comes with a Little Little White Book! It also includes a multi-colored Unicursal Hexagram card.

I carry this deck in my work bag.

rostie

there is also a tiny universal tarot deck (M. Miller) and the tarot of the gnomes.

rostie

Logiatrix

f.b.,
also small-ish, but not necessarily "pocket": hanson-roberts, african, and the art nouveau (myers), as well as those mentioned previously.
i was especially glad to see the thoth in the smaller form--with art style you seem to prefer, you may wanna check that one out. the african tarot is even smaller than the Z/F or the hanson-roberts--almost pocket--but the art style is not everyone's taste.
it is a curiosity to me as to what is available, especially between the various rider-waite productions, all by u.s. games. why not a pocket or mini universal waite (?)--yet there's only the "tiny' version, which is unusable to me!
(BTW, there's also a mini albano-waite, same size as the mini connolly...again, not everyone's taste with the art and colors...)

fairyhedgehog

Does anyone in the UK know where I can get a mini connolly deck?

FH