Next relationship spread, clarity needed please x

ScottishEmpath

The cards have come out very differently than they did when I did I this much earlier in the year. I think because I have done a lot of healing work and am ready to think about a healthy, boundaried relationship. This is what I got

1st card - what is current sit?

King of swords. I am on and even keel and in a good place to cautiously consider dating again in an objective way after healing for past 18 months?

2nd card - what is holding me back?

Knight of swords. Unsure how to read this, would suggest I'm too ready to jump into something? I'm probably the opposite, so any clarity appreciated

3rd - what can help to overcome obstacle

Ace of rods/wands. Keep cultivating my own life and being creative. The stronger my own foundation the better the relationship?

4th card - how to identify your lover

The emperor. He will be a very stable, honourable, emotionally mature and moral man? Kind, fair and protective?

5th card - When/where will you meet them

Knight of rods/wands. A spontaneous meeting? No idea!

6th card - what will the outcome be?

King of cups. A very balanced, equal relationship with a deep connection?

Also, the jumper! The high priestess reversed. I need to trust more in my own strong intuition? Not looking for external validation is something I am working and winning at very heavily at the moment. Does that make sense.

What is the connection between the knights and King's?

Any interpretation or guidance most appreciated. I'm pretty new to this!! Thank you x

HomingPigeon

Hi Scotty! (Can I call you that?) :)

Your interpretations seem to be fine, except I'd differ about the "what's holding you back" part. Knight of swords in that position might mean your tendency intellectualize your feelings, instead of just letting yourself feel (like a knight of cups would), might be getting in the way? Trying to rationalize that which cannot be rationalized leaves you with more questions than answers..

I could be wrong, but this is my impression with the knight of swords. Because he uses his intellect and the power of words as his main strength, which might be counterproductive in an emotionally charged environment.

Let me know your thoughts on this ! I'm new & still learning. :)

P.S. King of cups as the outcome is very sweet!

Tara

The cards have come out very differently than they did when I did I this much earlier in the year. I think because I have done a lot of healing work and am ready to think about a healthy, boundaried relationship. This is what I got

King of swords. I am on and even keel and in a good place to cautiously consider dating again in an objective way after healing for past 18 months?

Knight of swords. Unsure how to read this, would suggest I'm too ready to jump into something? I'm probably the opposite, so any clarity appreciated

Could it be fear of opening up old wounds again? Are you afraid that once things get moving, you will feel out of control and lose yourself in the relationship?

Ace of rods/wands. Keep cultivating my own life and being creative. The stronger my own foundation the better the relationship?

Realizing that each relationship and person is different and that if you don't get out there on the dating scene, and use it, you will lose it, as in, dating is fun and makes you feel alive and you need to take up any offers and opportunities that come your way.

The emperor. He will be a very stable, honourable, emotionally mature and moral man? Kind, fair and protective?

He could also be a parent and be someone who is authoritative air about him, who is a leader in his job, and not easily swayed by others. You may also encounter challenges with him initially.

Maybe while when travelling or on holiday and it will be unexpected.

The relationship will be emotionally stable and mature.

Regards
Tara

ScottishEmpath

Ahhh, yeah, I do have issues intellectualising my feelings, it's actually something I'm working on right now. Definitely right about trying to rationalise what can't be leading to more questions! It's getting better though. Thanks for the insight :)

Hi Scotty! (Can I call you that?) :)

Your interpretations seem to be fine, except I'd differ about the "what's holding you back" part. Knight of swords in that position might mean your tendency intellectualize your feelings, instead of just letting yourself feel (like a knight of cups would), might be getting in the way? Trying to rationalize that which cannot be rationalized leaves you with more questions than answers..

I could be wrong, but this is my impression with the knight of swords. Because he uses his intellect and the power of words as his main strength, which might be counterproductive in an emotionally charged environment.

Let me know your thoughts on this ! I'm new & still learning. :)

P.S. King of cups as the outcome is very sweet!

HomingPigeon

Ahhh, yeah, I do have issues intellectualising my feelings, it's actually something I'm working on right now. Definitely right about trying to rationalise what can't be leading to more questions! It's getting better though. Thanks for the insight :)

Glad to know it resonated with you... Keep us posted on how things turn out... :)

Sulis

Moderator note - Feedback

Hi ScottishEmpath,

Could you please leave some feedback for Tara? We ask that threads here are equal exchanges. Tara has given you a long and detailed reading so she deserves some feedback that is equal to that.

Here are some tips on leaving feedback from the posting rules (click here and please read):
Feedback

Feedback helps us all to learn..
Leaving feedback means letting each person who has replied know how their interpretations match the situation you're reading about.. Feedback helps people to see how the cards work in real life situations..

We try to ensure that threads here are equal exchanges and the people who reply or who are just reading threads get as much out of them as the thread starter.. Without feedback there is no exchange and that's not fair..

A note about the type of feedback that we'd like to see here - this is taken from the previous version of the posting rules and it offers some good tips about giving feedback:

• “Thanks” or “That was helpful” is NOT feedback. Detail is required.
  • you must give a response to every person who helps you with the cards, and generally within a day or two (there can be exceptions if a situation is unfolding). You don't have to list everything they said but at least discuss some of their points.
  • get involved in the process, besides helping you with the situation this process will increase your own reading skills
  • if the interpretation of cards wasn't clear – ask politely for an explanation
  • if you do not agree, explain why courteously
  • has the interpretation clarified the situation for you? If so, how?
  • please note that an update on the situation is not full feedback unless you link it to some of the interpretations, however, updates are always very welcomed.
Once you've left feedback if you decide you don't want more replies just add a note saying so and we will close the thread.

Please, no more replies until ScottishEmpath has finished her feedback.

Sulis - moderator

ScottishEmpath

Thanks, Tara :)

The knight of swords, yes this could well be the case. I've tried very hard to find myself after a toxic marriage and there is a fear of losing myself again. It's a kind of push/pull dynamic where I want a partner but also don't out of fear of what has gone before. I have Cptsd so it's difficult at times.

The ace of wands probably continues this thought and that I need to be more open. The idea of casually dating lots of people kind of turns my stomach though... I'm far too introverted for that.

The emperor, I find myself attracted to older men these days so someone who might have a child or is far in their career seems likely given that.

Knight of wands, no travel or holiday plans for a very long time due to work commitments, so who knows?

Agree on the final card.

Thanks for the insight, I really appreciate it :)

Could it be fear of opening up old wounds again? Are you afraid that once things get moving, you will feel out of control and lose yourself in the relationship?

Realizing that each relationship and person is different and that if you don't get out there on the dating scene, and use it, you will lose it, as in, dating is fun and makes you feel alive and you need to take up any offers and opportunities that come your way.

He could also be a parent and be someone who is authoritative air about him, who is a leader in his job, and not easily swayed by others. You may also encounter challenges with him initially.

Maybe while when travelling or on holiday and it will be unexpected.

The relationship will be emotionally stable and mature.

Regards
Tara