Photographs

Osher

What does everyone think about decks that contain photographs ? Personally, I'm not so keen on them, but I bought the 'Vision' deck by accident, and it is OK, but I still prefer drawings.

Kiama

I used to shy away from photographic decks, but lately, through collecting, I've found that some of them are not bad! The first one I got was the Sacred Circle, and then recently I bought the Cosmic Tribe,which is one of my top 5 decks! I don't think its what artstyle used in the deck that makes me like it or not, I think its how that deckuses the style. You can have really nice drawings, but the cards could be utterly static, with no symbolism, etc...

Kiama

Melvis

Hi,

I agree with you about the Vision Deck...it's okay, but nothing to get excited about. I think one reason I like the Cosmic Tribe deck so much more is that the Vision Tarot wastes too much space on the background in each card. The people in the picture are almost afterthoughts. In the Cosmic Tribe the people are much more prominent, as I think they should be.

Just my two cents... ;P

Peace,

Melvis

Major Tom

There is one deck made up of photographs I'm rather partial to... :D

Osher

Hi Tom,

I think I can guess which set of tarot with photographs you are partial to...... !

Kiama

Quote:Major Tom (07 Dec, 2001 08:19):
There is one deck made up of photographs I'm rather partial to... :D

ROFLMAO!!!!! :-D

Kiama