Qabalistic numbers question

Siochanai

So last night I read a few major arcana passages in DuQuette's book. Spesifically leading up from the high priestess to the chariot.

Afterwards I had a dream. I saw clouds and jumped up in the dream saying I got it. 1 + 3 + _ = 78. I am not sure what the underscore was.

The question is; Is there any significance to the number 74 be it a added sequence or the number itself?

Eeviee

It may have been a reference to 1 + 2 + 3 ... + 12 = 78.
12 Sun Signs/12 months, etc. added to each other = the 78 cards in a standard Tarot deck.
1 year (12 months) is the complete cycle for the Earth to completely revolve around the Sun (passing through the 12 constellations that make up the Sun Signs/Zodiac). The Tarot mimicks a complete cycle of the Earth revolving around the Sun; ergo Tarot can be considered a "map of life" . The Tarot reflects the cycle of events people go through in a fully lived life, assuming that their life had not ended prematurely. Also, it encourages the theory of reincarnation, where each cycle of the Earth around the Sun is roughly the equivalent of one cycle of a soul's life.

Siochanai

Could have been thanks for the input now to figure out why the hell there were clouds in a library.

Eeviee

Could have been thanks for the input now to figure out why the hell there were clouds in a library.

Well, to me a library would represent study, knowledge, seeking out information. The clouds can represent the Spiritual, as they are close to the "Heavens". Perhaps clouds in a library means that you are seeking to merge the spiritual with the logical/rational/known...

ps. See my edit of my previous post.

Siochanai

Yea that is the best I was able to think of as well. At least someone is on the same wavelength as me in this case. Maybe it is saying tarot can help with that task hence me yelling I got it.

I sleep with my thoth deck it is probably screaming in my ear meditate with me damnit.

Abrac

1 + 3 + _ = 78

78 = 15 = 6

74 = 11 = 2

1 + 3 + 74 (2) = 78 (6)

1 + 3 + 2 = 6

Not sure what it all means. You read passages on six cards so that might figure in.

Siochanai

Actually that is pure genius. When I woke up I kept thinking 32 is the blank but what I might have been seeing was
1 + 3 + 2

You just shown me how that links to 78. Man I am going to have to get a qabala book at some point.

My guess would be something associated to trump VI The Lovers going to have to go back and dig.

If I remember correctly the lovers is associated to Gemini which I just so happen to be.

^
Edit:
After much contemplation the above is it. The thoth tarot just basically slapped me in the face and said this is your path over the abyss. Wish I could break it down but I am at work and posting on my phone.

TarotCraft

When I woke up I kept thinking 32 is the blank but what I might have been seeing was
1 + 3 + 2

Some other qabalistic/Tarot thoughts:

1 (Kether), 2 (Chokmah) and 3 (Binah) are the supernal triad on the Tree of Life - the sephiroth above the abyss.

1 and 3 are joined by path 12 which is the path of The Magus. Paths 3 and 2 are joined by path 14 which is the path of The Empress.

In Tarot The Magus is numbered 1, the High Priestess 2 and the Empress 3.

The path of the High Priestess is 13 which is the abyss crossing path between Tiphareth (6) and Kether (1).

13 is the number of the Death card. 14 is the number of Art.

32 is the number of paths on the Tree of Life.

Siochanai

Some other qabalistic/Tarot thoughts:

1 (Kether), 2 (Chokmah) and 3 (Binah) are the supernal triad on the Tree of Life - the sephiroth above the abyss.

1 and 3 are joined by path 12 which is the path of The Magus. Paths 3 and 2 are joined by path 14 which is the path of The Empress.

In Tarot The Magus is numbered 1, the High Priestess 2 and the Empress 3.

The path of the High Priestess is 13 which is the abyss crossing path between Tiphareth (6) and Kether (1).

13 is the number of the Death card. 14 is the number of Art.

32 is the number of paths on the Tree of Life.

Thanks for the other food for thought Jellybean much appreciated. This dream was quite remarkable so many different things connect together from it. Rather cool in my humble opinion. This dream really gave me a bit more drive to keep with the Thoth. It is my first deck and a tough one at that. I just wish I can remember a quarter of what I read about it I still feel quite useless with the deck. There are times tho when I notice for instance when I did a reading for my sister the other night everything just falls into place. I just wish it was like that all the time.