ROC March - AnemoneRosie & Bluebird

Fortuna

AnemoneRosie & Bluebird's Thread (intuitive)

Schedule:
March 22 (Wednesday): Complete readings
March 31 (Friday): Complete feedbacks

March's Suggested Spread:

This month's suggested spread is "The Kick In the Pants Spread" by Glass Owl. You can find out more about this spread by visiting the original post. It is a spread to look at what you need to achieve your goal.

For card number 2, if you know your goal, please let your partner know so that could be the focus of your reading.

--

The Kick In The Pants Spread (5) by Glass Owl

---------------5-
----------4------
---- 3-----------
2--------------1*

*This card is the shadow card. Select it from the bottom of the deck.

1*. The Root: Why you need a kick in the pants.
2. The Goal: A goal for you to strive for.
3. The Reward: A benefit of fulfilling this goal.
4. Support system: What can help you achieve your goal. (Or at the very least, make the process more fun.)
5. Roll Up Your Sleeves & Get To Work: The action you need to take.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Please stay in communication with your partner, and PM when you have posted your reading, feedback, or if you are experiencing scheduling issues. Please do not wait until the last minute to post readings and feedbacks.
5. Have fun and let's ROC!

--

Please PM Fortuna for questions or issues.

AnemoneRosie

Hello Bluebird!
I was wondering if you had a goal, for the second card position?
I do - I would like for my goal to be about building my website. I currently read professionally on others' sites, but am in the process of creating my own. I certainly need a kick in the pants!

Also, please feel free to check out my profile. Is there a particular oracle deck that you'd like for me to use?

Looking forward to doing this exchange with you :)

Bluebird

Hello there!

My goal is in relation to a creative project I am working at the moment. I am hoping to complete it by late summer at the latest. Please feel free to read with any deck you prefer. I only have the Enchanted Map and the Mythic Oracle at the moment - so whichever you prefer of those.

I am looking forward to doing the exchange with you too - you readings are always so good :)

Bluebird

AnemoneRosie

Please feel free to use any deck that you'd like. Thanks for saying that my readings are good! :)

Bluebird

Hi AR,

Here is your reading - I used the Enchanted Map. I hope it resonates with you

1. Why you need a kick in the Pants? Card - Rock Bottom
This card makes me wonder if anything is happening with your website your website at the moment? Have you reached a point where nothing seems to be working for you – like you have hit a brick wall? Alternatively, the picture on this card is all boxed in with no apparent way out making me wonder if the fear of persuing this action is equal to the drive to do it. Do you feel less ‘seen’ on the website that you are currently contributing to? Perhaps it helps you feel safer than you would feel if you were to have your own website. As I write this I am feeling slightly claustrophic and worried. It feels like this website is a big move for you, pushing you strongly to take up your own power.

2. A goal for you to strive for. Card - Making a choice
It feels like you are faced with a dilemma – a fork in the road. In this card a stone path leads to two doors – one which shows a purple background and immediately makes me think of what you are doing now – contributing to this site and the website you referred to. The other door opens up to an area bathed in white light and there are stars around it, which fix my attention to this particular door. There is also a rabbit and he looks like he is coming out of a hat (I think). Is there wonderful magic here? I think you already know the answer to that.

3. The Reward. Card - Dragon’s Lair

The path that you are contemplating will challenge you to the core. While the choice is yours this card is here to remind you that there is greater value in risk taking than remaining unchallenged. While the entrance to the ice-castle depicted in the card looks ominous around the entrance area, it becomes more beautiful and serene as you move towards the top of it. I take from this that as you work through this challenge things will become better and better and your fears will be resolved. The message on the card reminds you that “you are always protected and divinely directed.”

4. Support System – what can help you achieve this goal? Card -Storm Fields
This card suggests that whatever is being stirred up inside you is of benefit to you and is here for your good. Don’t be afraid to shake things up a little and go with the flow.

5. The action you need to take. Card - Rescue
Ask for help now in expanding your life. You only need to ask and it will come your way – from the picture of the hot air balloon and the guy looking through the large telescope it would seem that the universe is actively seeking ways to help you, so if you ask for help it will come. The card also depicts a woman standing at the mouth of an archway – the darkness is behind and water flows freely down hill into a large pool. A beautiful tree laden with abundant blossoms stands at the edge of the pool.

Additional message from the Magical Mermaids and Dolphins Deck. Card - Friendship
This card suggests you should spend some time with your friends - just hanging out and having some fun. It says - "Play will stimulate creativity which helps you to return to your responsibilities with a renewed outlook and increased energy".

Based on the cards in this reading I would be of the mind that the initial pain involved in building this website will reap large dividends for you, not just professionally but also in your personal growth. The challenges that you are experiencing at the moment are all for your personal growth. So if this website is not pulling together for a moment – perhaps it might be a good idea to walk a way from it for a while – go have some fun. You may come back with a totally different approach but it will work. Be sure to ask for help – from people in the know and of course from the Universe itself – because you are supported in every way.

I hope this resonates with you – I look forward to your feedback.

Bluebird

AnemoneRosie

Reading for Bluebird

I'm sorry that I'm so late with this reading! My life has been rather upended as of late.
I decided to use my Earthbound Oracle for this reading. It doesn't come with a guidebook, so you can be sure that this is an intuitive reading!
You had asked for a focus (Card 2): "My goal is in relation to a creative project I am working at the moment. I am hoping to complete it by late summer at the latest."

The Kick In The Pants Spread (5) by Glass Owl

---------------5-
----------4------
---- 3-----------
2--------------1*

*This card is the shadow card. Select it from the bottom of the deck.

1*. The Root: Why you need a kick in the pants.
2. The Goal: A goal for you to strive for.
3. The Reward: A benefit of fulfilling this goal.
4. Support system: What can help you achieve your goal. (Or at the very least, make the process more fun.)
5. Roll Up Your Sleeves & Get To Work: The action you need to take.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The cards seem to believe that amethysts hold a special significance for you. If they don't, they are the gem of hope, and of success. They appear to be the symbol of this project, as they feature either directly, or indirectly, in three of the five cards. The other two cards centre rubies and garnet, stones of passion and of determination.

1*. The Root ~ abundance

Your challenge is that there are so many distractions that are keeping you from fully immersing yourself in your project to the extent that is required. This card is a half-cut pomegranate with eight seeds radiating outward, and a ruby crown. There is so much wealth in your life that it's almost stifling your creativity. It's as though there is too much going on, or too many considerations. The project has not yet been narrowed down to the point where you can see it through to completion. In order to narrow down the scope of the project you may feel that you're cutting it to the bone. Yet that's ok, as building it from bones will flesh it out again.

2. The Goal ~ vision

This card shows an owl, clutching an amethyst in its talons. Yet this bird is blindfolded, and the ribbon trails behind it. This owl can still fly, laden and unable to see. However, it will be able to fulfil its ambitions much more easily once it can see how its soaring. Your project is similar, in that you've not yet reached the point where the momentum keeps it going. Instead, the project feels like a handicap, even while you can see it take shape. Because it's such a slog you're struggling with keeping up the enthusiasm. Perhaps it might help you to see how far you've already come?

3. The Reward ~ deceit

It appears that the primary reward for you is that, as it stands, this project is requiring you to metaphorically cover your eyes, or block your ears, and pretend to yourself that everything is fine even as you can feel that it isn't. Once this project is completed this self-deceit will fade. The image on this card is of either a coiled snake with two heads, or of two snakes in a coil; it's impossible to tell which is true. Similarly, you are unable to see how this project will fully wrap up, and it takes some self-deceit to believe that it will work out exactly as planned. That's not how creative projects tend to be, in actual fact. The more that you're able to set yourself on this path, and to commit regardless, the less painful the lies will feel - as by that point they will cease to be lies.

4. Support system ~ arcana

This card is of a snail shell, stuffed with amethysts. While it may not look like much on the outside, there is a wealth inside. The people around you are valuable treasures, and they can support you in a myriad of ways. It might be emotional. It might be financial. It might be by helping you to do some of the grunt work on your project. It might be by assisting you in other ways. However, you cannot know until you reach out to them. The people around you may just surprise you with their knowledge, their skill, and their enthusiasm.

5. Roll Up Your Sleeves & Get To Work ~message

The image here is of a scroll, bound with twine, and sealed with wax. This message is important... and yet it seems not only destined for you, but written by you as well. This card wonders whether or not you are taking your own work as seriously as you'd take that of someone else. So for example, are your dates, deadlines, or milestones along the way as set in stone for you as they would be if you were doing this for someone else? What about making a contractual agreement with yourself that you will get the work done in a particular manner, and breaking up the workload along the way? Alternatively, can you set those deadlines with someone else so that you're more accountable to the process? Your process is your own, and that seems to be part of what you need to do to roll up your sleeves and get to work.

AnemoneRosie

Feedback for Bluebird

Hi AR,

Here is your reading - I used the Enchanted Map. I hope it resonates with you

1. Why you need a kick in the Pants? Card - Rock Bottom
This card makes me wonder if anything is happening with your website your website at the moment? Have you reached a point where nothing seems to be working for you – like you have hit a brick wall? Alternatively, the picture on this card is all boxed in with no apparent way out making me wonder if the fear of persuing this action is equal to the drive to do it. Do you feel less ‘seen’ on the website that you are currently contributing to? Perhaps it helps you feel safer than you would feel if you were to have your own website. As I write this I am feeling slightly claustrophic and worried. It feels like this website is a big move for you, pushing you strongly to take up your own power.

You are absolutely right; nothing is working for me at the moment and I'm mired in technical difficulties.
I also feel 'less' in a way, too, where I am currently situated. It's definitely a very big step for me to be doing this, and it would force me to develop my voice. Firstly, though, I need to work out the technical difficulties!

2. A goal for you to strive for. Card - Making a choice
It feels like you are faced with a dilemma – a fork in the road. In this card a stone path leads to two doors – one which shows a purple background and immediately makes me think of what you are doing now – contributing to this site and the website you referred to. The other door opens up to an area bathed in white light and there are stars around it, which fix my attention to this particular door. There is also a rabbit and he looks like he is coming out of a hat (I think). Is there wonderful magic here? I think you already know the answer to that.

I would love for there to be wonderful magic! Thanks for the encouragement :)
I'm definitely feeling a bit stuck where I am, and so there's really only one upward direction for me to go in.

3. The Reward. Card - Dragon’s Lair

The path that you are contemplating will challenge you to the core. While the choice is yours this card is here to remind you that there is greater value in risk taking than remaining unchallenged. While the entrance to the ice-castle depicted in the card looks ominous around the entrance area, it becomes more beautiful and serene as you move towards the top of it. I take from this that as you work through this challenge things will become better and better and your fears will be resolved. The message on the card reminds you that “you are always protected and divinely directed.”

Given that I'm currently 'frozen' (trapped in technical difficulties) it can certainly become better and better. I love the reminder that I'm always protected.

4. Support System – what can help you achieve this goal? Card -Storm Fields
This card suggests that whatever is being stirred up inside you is of benefit to you and is here for your good. Don’t be afraid to shake things up a little and go with the flow.

I suspect that this is true. I'm really struggling with feeling like I need to take everything on at once. It's as though I'm scared to go with the flow, for some reason.

5. The action you need to take. Card - Rescue
Ask for help now in expanding your life. You only need to ask and it will come your way – from the picture of the hot air balloon and the guy looking through the large telescope it would seem that the universe is actively seeking ways to help you, so if you ask for help it will come. The card also depicts a woman standing at the mouth of an archway – the darkness is behind and water flows freely down hill into a large pool. A beautiful tree laden with abundant blossoms stands at the edge of the pool.

Well that's affirming! If only it came with directions on how to ask. Given that it's a hot air balloon, do I write what I need on paper airplanes and send them away? Or, given the water and the woman, do I write them on paper and send them downriver?

Additional message from the Magical Mermaids and Dolphins Deck. Card - Friendship
This card suggests you should spend some time with your friends - just hanging out and having some fun. It says - "Play will stimulate creativity which helps you to return to your responsibilities with a renewed outlook and increased energy".

Based on the cards in this reading I would be of the mind that the initial pain involved in building this website will reap large dividends for you, not just professionally but also in your personal growth. The challenges that you are experiencing at the moment are all for your personal growth. So if this website is not pulling together for a moment – perhaps it might be a good idea to walk a way from it for a while – go have some fun. You may come back with a totally different approach but it will work. Be sure to ask for help – from people in the know and of course from the Universe itself – because you are supported in every way.

I hope this resonates with you – I look forward to your feedback.

Bluebird

Thanks so much for reading for me! I've been drowning in school work this week, and so it took me a while to get to this, for which I apologize.

I like this message about friendship. I've been trying to cultivate more of this lately.

It sounds like I'm definitely on the right track, despite this initial roadblock. I'm sort of avoiding it for now, until I get a little bit more finished with school. I suspect that I'll go back to it in April. Asking for help is something that I've been toying with, so it's nice to see the affirmation here.

Bluebird

You are absolutely right; nothing is working for me at the moment and I'm mired in technical difficulties.
I also feel 'less' in a way, too, where I am currently situated. It's definitely a very big step for me to be doing this, and it would force me to develop my voice. Firstly, though, I need to work out the technical difficulties!

I would love for there to be wonderful magic! Thanks for the encouragement :)
I'm definitely feeling a bit stuck where I am, and so there's really only one upward direction for me to go in.

Given that I'm currently 'frozen' (trapped in technical difficulties) it can certainly become better and better. I love the reminder that I'm always protected.

I suspect that this is true. I'm really struggling with feeling like I need to take everything on at once. It's as though I'm scared to go with the flow, for some reason.

Well that's affirming! If only it came with directions on how to ask. Given that it's a hot air balloon, do I write what I need on paper airplanes and send them away? Or, given the water and the woman, do I write them on paper and send them downriver?

Thanks so much for reading for me! I've been drowning in school work this week, and so it took me a while to get to this, for which I apologize.

I like this message about friendship. I've been trying to cultivate more of this lately.

It sounds like I'm definitely on the right track, despite this initial roadblock. I'm sort of avoiding it for now, until I get a little bit more finished with school. I suspect that I'll go back to it in April. Asking for help is something that I've been toying with, so it's nice to see the affirmation here.

Hi there AnemoneRosie!

Thanks so much for your wondering reading and feedback. I remember you mentioned school before so I was not worried about a response - I knew it would come when you got the chance. I am afraid at the moment I cannot give you detailed feedback as I am tied up from now until Monday, but I just want to let you know your reading is very on point. In fact as I was reading it my mind wondered to the amethyst crystal in my bag that I had bought on impulse the day before! I don't buy a lot of crystals and have just start reading about them lately so this is significant.

I will come back to you on Monday with a detailed answer.

Thanks again for all the insight you provided and the time and energy you put into my reading - it's much appreciated.

All the best,

Bluebird

AnemoneRosie

I hope that you manage to have a wildly productive weekend :thumbsup:
I'm not too worried about timely feedback. Amazing at how much amethysts are showing up in your life! It seems positive.

Bluebird

Feedback

Hi AnemoneRosie,

As I said previously - thank you so much for your reading, which is really spot on and also contains some wonderful practical advice which I am now following. I have included my feedback below and I already mentioned the amethyst I had just bought when I received your reading - I am still amazed by that! You have a brilliant gift - I hope you get your website up and running soon

The cards seem to believe that amethysts hold a special significance for you. If they don't, they are the gem of hope, and of success. They appear to be the symbol of this project, as they feature either directly, or indirectly, in three of the five cards. The other two cards centre rubies and garnet, stones of passion and of determination.

1*. The Root ~ abundance

Your challenge is that there are so many distractions that are keeping you from fully immersing yourself in your project to the extent that is required. This card is a half-cut pomegranate with eight seeds radiating outward, and a ruby crown. There is so much wealth in your life that it's almost stifling your creativity. It's as though there is too much going on, or too many considerations. The project has not yet been narrowed down to the point where you can see it through to completion. In order to narrow down the scope of the project you may feel that you're cutting it to the bone. Yet that's ok, as building it from bones will flesh it out again.

>>>Yes, you are quite right there is a lot going on in my life and it is very hard at times to get time to work on it at length, which can effect my enthusiasm for it. But as much as I leave it I am always called back to it. At the moment I am editing and do feel that I am cutting it to the bone, but I believe that what I am adding is so much better - it's amazing that you picked up on this.

2. The Goal ~ vision

This card shows an owl, clutching an amethyst in its talons. Yet this bird is blindfolded, and the ribbon trails behind it. This owl can still fly, laden and unable to see. However, it will be able to fulfil its ambitions much more easily once it can see how its soaring. Your project is similar, in that you've not yet reached the point where the momentum keeps it going. Instead, the project feels like a handicap, even while you can see it take shape. Because it's such a slog you're struggling with keeping up the enthusiasm. Perhaps it might help you to see how far you've already come?

>>>>Yes, absolutely. Everything you have said is correct here. It has and still often feels like a burden - I have spent a lot of time struggling with it and yes it did help to look at how far I have come.

3. The Reward ~ deceit

It appears that the primary reward for you is that, as it stands, this project is requiring you to metaphorically cover your eyes, or block your ears, and pretend to yourself that everything is fine even as you can feel that it isn't. Once this project is completed this self-deceit will fade. The image on this card is of either a coiled snake with two heads, or of two snakes in a coil; it's impossible to tell which is true. Similarly, you are unable to see how this project will fully wrap up, and it takes some self-deceit to believe that it will work out exactly as planned. That's not how creative projects tend to be, in actual fact. The more that you're able to set yourself on this path, and to commit regardless, the less painful the lies will feel - as by that point they will cease to be lies.

>>> I think I see what you mean here - I should tell myself (and visualise) that the outcome will be successful in order to keep going and in the end if I hold strong to this it will be.

4. Support system ~ arcana

This card is of a snail shell, stuffed with amethysts. While it may not look like much on the outside, there is a wealth inside. The people around you are valuable treasures, and they can support you in a myriad of ways. It might be emotional. It might be financial. It might be by helping you to do some of the grunt work on your project. It might be by assisting you in other ways. However, you cannot know until you reach out to them. The people around you may just surprise you with their knowledge, their skill, and their enthusiasm.

>>> I have tried to do this lately and have been hoping that the help I have been promised will materialise. I like the fact that you picked up on this and I feel positive now that they will.

5. Roll Up Your Sleeves & Get To Work ~message

The image here is of a scroll, bound with twine, and sealed with wax. This message is important... and yet it seems not only destined for you, but written by you as well. This card wonders whether or not you are taking your own work as seriously as you'd take that of someone else. So for example, are your dates, deadlines, or milestones along the way as set in stone for you as they would be if you were doing this for someone else? What about making a contractual agreement with yourself that you will get the work done in a particular manner, and breaking up the workload along the way? Alternatively, can you set those deadlines with someone else so that you're more accountable to the process? Your process is your own, and that seems to be part of what you need to do to roll up your sleeves and get to work.[/QUOTE]

>>>This really hit home with me - I am very, very serious about keeping the commitments I have made to clients and I work all hours when I have to achieve this. I really need to emulate this approach with regard to this piece of work. Since I read this I have set a specific date for completion and mini goals for each week.