The devil as an outcome ..

Awkward.turtle91

a9a1f4b643c5c02fdd397935e2a2406c.jpg

So basically there's this friend and I and we aren't on speaking terms at the moment and it's a little difficult when we do talk to each other.

It came to me as I was shuffling that perhaps I should ask my tarot for some advice.

So I followed my instincts and asked

What can you tell me about my situation with (different person from the last, I've known this one a long time) xx

Cards -

Past - Ace of swords
Present - 9 The hermit
Future two of pentacles

Outcome - The devil

My take

-
In the past I feel this is suggesting that here was a chance for some clarity to be gained within the friendship, and the reasons behind why it was going a bit wonky had come out to some light, I feel there was a chance for us both to open up but it was to sharp and direct for us to deal with at the time maybe it need a little more sensitivity - Ace of swords, in the present I feel that the hermit is suggesting that alone time is needed right now, for what ever reason it could be by pure choice on their parts or not. I feel this is suggesting that too much is going on surrounding them and my self which means we don't even have enough time to think for ourselves never mind sort out issues that need to be dealt with I feel this is suggesting that this is why we've stopped communicating with each other at present or we why we take big gaps. Sometimes silence is bliss. In the future two of pentacles is suggesting that maybe something is going to through things off balance within the friendship, I feel this could be something as simple as the alone time dragging on longer then expected or something much worse such as finally confronting and raking with the issues at hand. I feel that in the future things could go either way between us, effort could be put in or thinks will keep resting.

Out come - The devil I feel the devil is suggesting that their will be no improvement within this friendship, and that it'll eventually drag out and just go round in circles. I feel this is suggesting that perhaps it's time to cut off old relationships and allow things to change.

Any thoughts ..

wheelie

I'm not sure about the Devil card. For me it would probably serve as a warning that if balance is not achieved in the "future" (2 of Pentacles)...???

Working backwards here: The 2 of Pentacles for me says that though circumstances are chaotic, such a powerful temporal equilibrium is reached that it taps into the eternal. It's a magical feeling, like perfect juggling, a sweet moment of balance.

The isolation of the Hermit may be what you are experiencing now as you look into the fire and reflect.

The Ace of Swords could also signify words that were spoken, whether a promise or an insult--it could cut both ways.

Awkward.turtle91

I'm not sure about the Devil card. For me it would probably serve as a warning that if balance is not achieved in the "future" (2 of Pentacles)...???

Hello wheelie, I did wonder if it was a warning or perhaps in some light it might be saying something along the lines of I'll keep going back even if the two of pentacles isn't achieved because I'm a people pleaser!

Working backwards here: The 2 of Pentacles for me says that though circumstances are chaotic, such a powerful temporal equilibrium is reached that it taps into the eternal. It's a magical feeling, like perfect juggling, a sweet moment of balance.

Oooh that's a rather different way of looking at it, working backwards that is. How come you've decided to do this on this spread may I ask?, I can confirm that things are quite chaotic at the moment and things do need to find a balance. And it is a wonderful feeling at the time when we do get that rare oppertunity to find such thing.

The isolation of the Hermit may be what you are experiencing now as you look into the fire and reflect.

They've isolated them selfs physically, so maybe I would be wondering what I've done that possibly hasn't helped the scenario. In the present looking and reflecting as you say.

The Ace of Swords could also signify words that were spoken, whether a promise or an insult--it could cut both ways.

They did break a promise, and due to this I did say some harsh words that were spoken.

I think you're right on it being cut both ways, I wonder if the ace of swords is focusing on more of the cause .

Thankyou x

wheelie

Hi again, Awkward.turtle91,

I always read the two of pentacles as that divine juggling-like skill in rocky circumstances.
It's just my regular meaning applied to your question! Or maybe you meant why was I reading backwards? In that case, I was just working from the position least clear to me back...

Hey, guess what? I just got a Devil as outcome in a reading for myself and read it as a warning not to become (future) self-centered or materialistic or otherwise "devilish."

Don't know if it helps you out, but that's how I read it for myself!

Awkward.turtle91

Hi again, Awkward.turtle91,

I always read the two of pentacles as that divine juggling-like skill in rocky circumstances.

It's just my regular meaning applied to your question! Or maybe you meant why was I reading backwards? In that case, I was just working from the position least clear to me back...

ah yes I meant the latter, and that makes sense now! You're the first person I've come across whose read that way, but this is what the forum hear for being open minded and finding new ways, and you're way did make sense to me.

Hey, guess what? I just got a Devil as outcome in a reading for myself and read it as a warning not to become (future) self-centered or materialistic or otherwise "devilish."

Don't know if it helps you out, but that's how I read it for myself!

Oh how intriguing, the devil is loving showing up lately isn't he?

For people it seems. Maybe it might come as a warning not to be too self centred like I might have been in the past (with the ace of swords saying harsh words, I wonder if it's because if I do I might break that balance I'm trying to get.

Xx