the 'International Icon' Tarot

rota

the International Icon Tarot

I made these Majors images in Illustrator last year, trying to base them equally on the Waite/Smith symbology and on those bowling-ball-headed figures you see on informational roadsigns. They sound like an odd hybrid, and maybe their genetic stocks should never have been joined, but they're sorta growing on me. I'm curious to hear how you react to this deck.

Just c&p the following cumbersome address ( I didn't know where else to post them, non-websavvy nimnul I...):

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/isisish/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.view=l

blue_fusion

hi. i think i still have a lot of space in my site. if you want, i can probably put your cards there. in case you're interested, e-mail me here: necromancer151@yahoo.com. :) also, i'm inviting you to join our group of creators here. just look for the thread Tarot Deck Creator Coalition in the Tarot Deck Creation part of the forums. :D

WillieHewes

I like them. That's really no surprise if you have seen my own, but I thought I'd say it anyway. I second blue_fusion's invitation to the creater coalition (and webring).

I hope you'll finish the set, it looks promising.

rota

more designs added

I think I will eventually finish them, although they seem to arouse no particular response in the mind of the Tarot public. I like them as an exercise in simplicity and severity, and I think the W/S designs are beautiful when they're pared down to simple shapes and colors.
I've added to the group shown in the link above; I think I have a half dozen to go, for the Majors to be complete.
I think these might be good designs for greeting cards...

Major Tom

Re: more designs added

rota said:
I think these might be good designs for greeting cards...

I like them. :)

Are you going to do the full 78 cards? Or just the 22 majors?

Either way I think they'd make good greeting cards too. I've got a couple of ideas about that if you want to email...

rota

what to do with the minors?

"Are you going to do the full 78 cards? Or just the 22 majors?

Either way I think they'd make good greeting cards too. I've got a couple of ideas about that if you want to email..."

I had only planned to do pictorial imagery for the majors.
When I look over the remaining card imagery in the 'standard' W/S deck, I see amazingly complex designs that would only become a confusion if I tried to depict them in a simplified graphic 'icon' style. Unless I suddenly attained some insight about that, I would do the minors as designs of 6 swords, 8 cups, etc. in some interesting way.

rota

thank you!!!

I'm deliriously happy!

I hope I can do some favor for you someday!

WillieHewes

You're also on the webring now. Cool huh?

btw: making webpages is easier than you think, and much fun, too. If you don't want to get into it, that's up to you, but don't be discouraged because you think it'll be too hard. :)

rota

Thank you for adding me to the webring. I'm happy to be included, and add my little part to the greater whole.
Maybe one day I'll get into the web-authoring thing. You all make it seem so eeeeezy!