Think things do happen for a reason?

tarotbear

Wow- SunChariot! That was such a fantastic post I got lost in it and had to scroll to the top to see what thread I was in!

SunChariot

Wow- SunChariot! That was such a fantastic post I got lost in it and had to scroll to the top to see what thread I was in!

LOL Thank you.

Here's one more I forgot to add in, but it is also something I do beleive in. That sometimes the resaon for what happens carries over from a past lifetime. So we may not fully get it in this lifetime, but that does not mean there isn't a good reason.

I have coem to believe in reincarnation over time.

My story on that is that I was brought up by 2 complete atheists who really ridiculted anything spiritaul and thought you have to be totally insane to beleivei that. I was not as skeptical as them, but any spiritual inclination I was was quickly put down and riduculed and quashed (I am hoping that is a word :grin:)

Then came my abusive marriage and I learn to pray. And whatever I prayed for came rigth away after, each and every time, too much to be coincidence And that was the start, I knew something was happening that was too much to be coincidence. there had to be an intelligenve behind it as something was clearly answering. Then later I learnt Tarot which for me confirmed it.

So one day I did a past life reading and I ASKED why I had to suffer so much to learn to believe in G-d. Why could I not have just been given that and raised in family that had faith. I asked what in a past life made this necessary in this life. And the cards did tell me and it made perfect sense.

Apparently in a past life, a couple of hundread years ago of so, I had been a mother of a beautiful joyful young child of maybe 3 or so. As did everyone in my time I believed in G-d, everyone I knew did, I never questioned it. It was just normal and it never even occured to me to doubt.There was a G-d and everyone knew it. Period. That was pretty much life in those days.

I was told by the reading that my baby whom I loved was kidnapped and harmed and eventually killed.

At the time, I truly could not make sense of it. I never got over it and I pretty well let it all go and refused to beleive there was a G-d or in a G-d who could let this happen. That was it. I was never able to beleive again in that lifetime. I was brought up to believe and I renounced it all in my heart.

Then in this lifetime, I had to start over from scratch. This time I had to start off with a family who believed what I did in my last lifetime. I was literally brought up in this lifetime to beleive what I ended up that last lifetime beleiving. Althuogh my soul somehow has always felt like it is reaching for more this time.

Then I had to go thruogh that marriage to question it all. To find out for myself that when I am in real pain I am not alone and there is a G-d there to help me. This time I had to come to him and to call on on by myself. Not to be told he exists and to believe beccause I was told without question. This time, I had to find him and call on him for myself. And feel his answers and know he was real.

In this lifetime I needed that, to find personal proof that there is a G-d who is there and listening and loving and caring. And I feel I have found that for myself now. And taht reading told me that once I have found that for myself and my soul has found and felt my personal proof of that I will have it in my heart and soul forever from now on.

So that is what that reading told me. It was through my suffering in a past life that I let go of the spiritual in my life. And it was through suffering in this life that I got it back. I guess that is poetic justice and things have come full circle now.

My point is that sometimes the reason why things happen in this lifetime to us have stem from past lifetimes. Not that I am trying to convince others that there is or is not a G-d. We all havde to work the spiritual thing out on our own, Just again tha sometimes the reasons why things happen span more than one lifetime.

Also, since I do believe in reincarnation...although the reasoning of all this can get complcated, we all choose our lives we go into before birth, so a child who is going to die young in whatever way it is,. knows this is the life he is going into beforehand and he chose that life for the particular lessons he was to learn for just out of generousity to help others learn what they must.

Those are some more of my views on that.

Babs

celticnoodle

babs said:
My point is that sometimes the reason why things happen in this lifetime to us have stem from past lifetimes. Not that I am trying to convince others that there is or is not a G-d. We all havde to work the spiritual thing out on our own, Just again tha sometimes the reasons why things happen span more than one lifetime.

Also, since I do believe in reincarnation...although the reasoning of all this can get complcated, we all choose our lives we go into before birth, so a child who is going to die young in whatever way it is,. knows this is the life he is going into beforehand and he chose that life for the particular lessons he was to learn for just out of generousity to help others learn what they must.

I agree with you, too, Babs. I do believe things happen for a reason--though sometimes the reason is not apparent to us for many years to come. I also do believe in reincarnation and I believe that we sometimes are living in a life to teach us something or someone else something.

All 'lives' will teach us a lesson, spiritually, whether that life is a long lived or very short lived. great thread, and great post there, Babs!

kalliope

I'm someone who sometimes would like to believe something close to this, but usually does not. (Sorry to be so contradictory and vague!)

Like The Crowned One said, causality is the actual "reason" that things happen. Cause and effect. You're a procrastinator, so you're running late, so you're in a hurry, so you trip and fall and break your ankle, so you go to the ER where you meet a cute doctor whom you later marry. So I would say that breaking one's ankle in that scenario is HOW you met your spouse, and is indeed one of the reasons WHY you're married in the cause-and-effect sense.

This is very different from a what I understood as the topic of the original poster's question: that the reason you broke your ankle is so that you could meet your future spouse. Unless I'm in a generous mood, I don't believe this sort of thing to be true. As others have said, this would mean that there is a greater intelligence to the universe with a grand plan who is orchestrating all sorts of terrible tragedies and calamities for "good reasons." Boo to that, I say!

At other times, though, I do think there can be meaningful coincidence or synchronicity -- otherwise I wouldn't be interested in divination. Or I will catch myself saying things like "if it's meant to be, it will work out." I agree with what several others have said about each event being a learning experience. I might jokingly say that "I like to think X happened so that I could be prepared for Y to happen later", but I don't think that's actually WHY X happened to me. I just think that seeing meaning like that in hindsight is a healthy way of looking at the bright side of troubling events.

The closest I come to believing in anything like a fated events is when I'm playing along with my astrological worldview: I sometimes think that there may be a certain energy that needs to play out in your life at a certain time, but as to exactly how it manifests is a complex mixture of chance, personality, "free will" or choice, and that hazy concept of "meaningful coincidence". I don't think of this as a "grand plan" in the sense that there is a specific reason for each event in life, though.

Not sure I explained myself well, or if this makes sense to anyone else. :bugeyed:

SunChariot

I have now met two men whom I loved iun unusual ways.

The first happened thruogh TAROT! :grin: I was about to quit a job I hated. My a friend there begged me to do a reading first on the topic. SO I did to please her. I asked two questions: What would happen if i stayed and What would happen if I left.

The cards literally told me that if I left now I would miss an important life lesson, something important my life had planned for me there. The cards for what would happen if I stwayed were all about romance. I did not get it all the men there were half my age, and NO WAY. LOL

But I stayed a while as I was told there was something I still had to experience there. Then 10 days later a man started working there who WAS my age and with whom I feel in love at first sight. We both qiuit within two weeks, but I was "told" by my cards to stay lonv enough to meet him.

SO yes there was a reason to it.And in a sense also WHAT made the friend so insistant that I do a reading first. If she had not insisted I would just have quit and that would be that and we never would have met.

Second time this happened....

A freind wanted me to go somewhere and I was dead set against it. I was not going, I did not want to go, no one could make me. I was just not going, no way, no how.

That person tried to convince me for over a month. And I flat out refused. Finally they threatened to leave me if I did not go (somethign they never did before or after). So I went.

And there I also met someone I fell very quiickly in love wtih.

I beleive both these things happened in my life for a reason. That ti was my destiny to meet each of these two men.And that, even more than that, those freinds who both insisted I be in the place where I was meant to be to meet this men I fell in love with....I personally believe that both of those freinds were (Divinely) guided to act as they did to meke sure I acted as I did.

The second has never threatened anything like leaving me before or after. Yet I was so adamaent to not go. And I believe I was meant to, that that was how much force was needed to ensure that I be where I was meant to.

Babs

CelestialHorse

Interesting indeed! What cards say if you miss an opportunity? That's cool though :)

Sucks that sometimes we won't ever find out the reason why some things happened and others didn't :/

Heh I should ask my cards about karma and stuff. I do believe in reincarnation/past lives as well :)

DownwardSpiral

The closest I come to believing in anything like a fated events is when I'm playing along with my astrological worldview: I sometimes think that there may be a certain energy that needs to play out in your life at a certain time, but as to exactly how it manifests is a complex mixture of chance, personality, "free will" or choice, and that hazy concept of "meaningful coincidence". I don't think of this as a "grand plan" in the sense that there is a specific reason for each event in life, though.

I've read through this thread and I like what is said above. I think some things do happen for a reason....but not everything that happens...good or bad. And to that I'll add I think there's a difference between going to the restaurant and being delayed by a fussy baby (which is an outside force) versus being in such a hurry that you fall down and break a leg.