Tiny Tarot

fairyhedgehog

I bought the Tiny Tarot and I'm very disappointed in it. I emailed USgames, and this is my mail and their reply:

I have just bought the Tiny Tarot and I'm very disappointed with it as the pictures are very faint and blurred compared to the picture on the outside of the pack. I have two other packs from US Games and they are very good quality. It is a pity that the Tiny Tarot lets the company down like this.

Regards,

Dear Gina,
I apologize if you are disappointed in our products.
The colors on the Universal Waite Tarot decks are not
suppose to be vibrant. The colors are suppose to be
soft and mellow.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank You,
J.Sutton

Has anyone else got this deck, and are you disappointed too?

Regards,

FH

Osher

My Minature Rider-Waite from U.S.Games is not nearly as good as either the pocket or standard issues. Still, it is an inch high ! It is also possible to read with it (I have).

tarotbear

You mean the one in the little plastic box on a keychain? I have it, but I'd rather use the little 'half-size' one that US Games has- keep a copy of that one in my glove compartment.

fairyhedgehog

What is the name of the half-size one? It might be worth getting hold of, from the sound of it.

All the best,

FH

synchronicity

fairyhedgehog (11 Dec, 2001 17:44):
What is the name of the half-size one? It might be worth getting hold of, from the sound of it.

The half size deck is called Rider Pocket Edition. I have it and really like it. It is easy to shuffle, takes less space to lay out a spread, and fits nicely in the hand. It is about the size of a regular deck of playing cards. In other ways it is like the Rider Waite deck.

fairyhedgehog

Which sort of Rider deck is it? What I liked about the Tiny was that it was Universal Waite and would have been really pretty if the deck had matched the picture on the front.

All the best,
FH

Logiatrix

these are all the miniature decks that i am aware of:
mini rider-waite
mini albano waite
"tiny tarot" (a SUPER mini universal waite)
mini connolly tarot
tarot nova (attached to a little book)
worlds smallest tarot (tarot of the gnomes, majors only)

also, there is the "mini" motherpeace, but it actually seems to just bring the larger deck down to a more standard size.

the tarot nova and the tiny (universal waite) tarot strike me as more novelty items, and i personally don't find them to be very conducive for actual readings. that's just me though, 'cuz i'm a clutz and can't handle decks too small or to large. of those listed above, i find the mini connolly to be the most vibrant--even more vivid than the standard sized version.

hope this helps...

fairyhedgehog

Hi metaz,

Thank you :)

I didn't know there was a mini Connolly tarot, that looks interesting.

All the best,

FH