Touchstone Tarot. The Happy Squirrel

Umbrae

morticia monroe said:
Sometimes I really get confused when I see one thing and then someone whom I know is so entirely out of my league (tarot-wise, that is) sees something entirely different.....It's disheartening. Wonder what Umbrae would charge to move to Louisiana for a few years and be my tutor?
Take a deep breath. It's okay. All is good.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=269719&postcount=21

Templar Girl

Umbrae said:
Even Voldemort serves a higher power...

You is really taking a walk on the "Dark Side" now, Umbrae.

The vermin has pestilance as well the ultimate .......................AAAaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does the "Vermin that shall not be named", "channel" Jimi Hendrix whilst air guitaring to "all along the watchtower".

* TG seriously needs to go to lala,zzzzzzz as it's 0330 here and she is starting to spout gibberish. She will try to look for a softer, more caring, sharing HS tomorrow*

happyphantom

Umbrae said:
Even Voldemort serves a higher power...

*snort*

:D

Back to the subject at hand....

I went to the HS thread, and liked what Umbrae had to say:
The rodent is of course an archetypal image accepted by most to represent small losses adding up to large ones – issues that appear only when it’s a real problem.

Hence – vague and mysterious. Ominous tidings of an unspecified nature.

And then I googled "symbolism of the squirrel" and this is what I found:

Common summary of animal symbolism of the squirrels:

* Energy
* Play
* Prudence
* Balance
* Socializing
* Preparation
* Resourcefulness

When the squirrel comes into our lives it is often a message for us to have more fun, and take life a little less seriously. We can see this in the squirrel's daily antics in our yards and surroundings.

Other animal symbolism of squirrels deal with practicality. As the squirrel is commonly known to hide and save its food and return to it in the winter months - we take this as a sign in our own lives; a sign that it might be time to look into our own provisions. For example: Is it time to consider a retirement plan? Are we adequately insured? Or even as simple as doing simple and preventative repairs around the house.

It's not commonly known that the squirrel only actually finds 10% of the nuts he hides for safekeeping. This is another message from the squirrel that we can also foolishly over-prepare. Here there is a lesson of balance to be considered.

The bolding wasn't mine. Interesting, no? :)

Reading the thread also reminded me that this card is "vague and mysterious" in the Simpsons episode, not necessarily bad.

Also, they brought up another point: what number would the HS card be?

faunabay

I took a closer look at the Happy Squirrel last night and to me this card shows a couple flirting. The woman is reading the man's palm but while she might actually be qualified to read palms - in this instance I see her playing more at it. The emphasis here to me is flirting and playing. They both are more focused on each other than the hand.....staring into each others eyes. There's also the possiblity that the lady has no clue what she's doing in reading palms but is trying it so she can hold his hand! :laugh: I got a much more playful, flirty, joyous feeling from the card than Lisa (Simpsons) did!!! ROFL

morticia monroe

Yes, I can see exactly where you're coming from, Fauna.
Most excellent!

Quester

I agree with Faunabay that she IS flirting with him...The squirrel on the other hand IS paying attention to what the future holds.
We have a lot of squirrels around here and I love to watch them. :heart: They are very good at puzzles. If you try to discourage them from getting to the bird feeder they will find a way to get around it and get to the tasty prize. They devise at times elaborate ways around the obstacle that amazes me. When I look at the squirrel it says that I might not be paying attention to what is important...that there IS a way around the situation in question. The squirrel KNOWS this. Pay attention... like the squirrel... for there is something there not being noticed.

morticia monroe

Actually, the squirrel looks a lot more worried than the people do,,,,,,,

tarotlyn

Wanted to see what the TouchStone cards had to say "about the HS card!":laugh:

...so I drew a card and said: "Tell me a little something about your Squrriel"...

I drew the 2 of Swords reversed:

The Happy Squirrel doesn't want us to know that he is a little trouble maker!!!
He is a somewhat upset because we are trying to find out about his true nature!!!

He thinks we are all imagining things about him being so naughty, and he
is afraid that we will figure him out by using our physic abilities.

He also thinks he is not as bad as we might believe he is...so that makes him
slightly dillusional!

He doesn't think he is trouble...but that is just another mind game he is playing with us!!!

Attachments

• devil-squirrel.jpg
    devil-squirrel.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 133