Unhappy in New Job Advice Please

Tara

Hi everyone
Here is a Psychological Spread I did for a sitter who is not happy in her new job and wanted advice. Please give me your interpretations.

Regards
Tara

Psychological Spread (6 card spread)
Desire – Feelings – Anxiety – Disappointment – Guidance – Outcome

The Emperor (Desire) – Are you expecting too much too soon in this position? Do you have an authoritative or lead position and are perhaps not able to enforce boundaries due to feeling weak and afraid to take on the responsibility? Maybe you are too rigid in your thinking? You must balance the male aspect of leadership with the feminine passion and feeling, to succeed.
Judgement (Feelings) – You know you have the opportunity to make a great difference in your life with this job and it is what you love, but you also feel you are at a crossroads and are procrastinating over what to do next.
Temperance (Anxiety) – You are anxious because you know that you don’t feel comfortable or that you don’t fit in with the people you work with for some reason. You feel frustrated and are not clicking with someone you work with.
Page of Cups (Disappointment) – I think you are not as passionate about the job as you had anticipated and also you feel the position you were offered was not what you expected or wanted exactly.
Queen of Cups (Guidance) – Are you thinking with your mind, as opposed to feeling with your emotions? Show and use your maternal feminine and compassionate touch more? Try not to compare yourself to others or feel you don’t belong there. Look at the positive aspects of this job, and realize that Rome wasn’t built in a day.
The High Priestess (Outcome) – This shows you that you need to relax and pause on your journey to reflect on any decisions you are considering making. Although reflective, the High Priestess is strong internally, and you will become stronger, as opposed to the external unemotional authority of the Emperor at the start of the spread, because you will be more balanced if you feel more.

techn1k

I probably won't be huge help as a beginner but I had a thought about first card.

Desire / Emperor: I think that looking at Emperor at this aspect would suggest that person might expect higher social position from the job. Maybe she feels that people around her will see her as successful? Maybe that's the real reason she decided to take it and the reward is not there or significantly smaller?

Barleywine

This spread is all Fire and Water, elements that are totally unsympathetic to one another (unless you're trying to make steam). The first three Fire trump cards suggest she went in full of enthusiasm ("breathing fire," as it were) but was soon disillusioned by the lackadaisical environment she encountered with the Water court cards. Fire people like to make a difference, while Water people are more about "don't rock the boat." The High Priestess advises taking a wait-and-see stance, but it seems to me she is on the side of the foot-draggers rather than the movers-and-shakers. It looks like a case of mismatched expectations.

Tara

I probably won't be huge help as a beginner but I had a thought about first card.

Desire / Emperor: I think that looking at Emperor at this aspect would suggest that person might expect higher social position from the job. Maybe she feels that people around her will see her as successful? Maybe that's the real reason she decided to take it and the reward is not there or significantly smaller?

Yes, exactly. She could be secretly feeling disappointed that she is not doing as good a job as she had hoped in that respect, or that she is unable to control those under her wing. She did admit that the job doesn't hold much for her apart from the financial gain, or words to that effect, so you are probably right. The sitter did also say that she wasn't feeling confident about her ability to be the Emperor.
Thanks for your help.

Regards
Tara

Tara

This spread is all Fire and Water, elements that are totally unsympathetic to one another (unless you're trying to make steam). The first three Fire trump cards suggest she went in full of enthusiasm ("breathing fire," as it were) but was soon disillusioned by the lackadaisical environment she encountered with the Water court cards. Fire people like to make a difference, while Water people are more about "don't rock the boat." The High Priestess advises taking a wait-and-see stance, but it seems to me she is on the side of the foot-draggers rather than the movers-and-shakers. It looks like a case of mismatched expectations.

Hi Barleywine
I never thought of looking at it like that, so it is interesting to see your thoughts. I didn't know Judgement has fire associated with it. I know the emperor has fire energy , although it is not connected with him literally. Why do you say she is on the side of the foot draggers though, if she is disappointed in the 'Page of Cups'? Could this not be her disappointed in their watery side exciting enough for her?
Yes, I do like your view as it fits. The psychology behind her is firey and she is disappointed in the Page of Cups so yes, it makes perfect sense if you look at it like that. Thanks Barleywine.

Regards
Tara

Barleywine

Hi Barleywine
I never thought of looking at it like that, so it is interesting to see your thoughts. I didn't know Judgement has fire associated with it. I know the emperor has fire energy , although it is not connected with him literally. Why do you say she is on the side of the foot draggers though, if she is disappointed in the 'Page of Cups'? Could this not be her disappointed in their watery side exciting enough for her?
Yes, I do like your view as it fits. The psychology behind her is firey and she is disappointed in the Page of Cups so yes, it makes perfect sense if you look at it like that. Thanks Barleywine.

Regards
Tara

I meant the High Priestess is on the side of the foot-draggers since she is rather noncommittal in practical terms. She will absorb all that fire and never miss a beat. Judgement, qabalistically, is associated with primal elemental Fire; the Pluto correspondence is more modern.

Tara

I meant the High Priestess is on the side of the foot-draggers since she is her noncommittal in practical terms. She will absorb all that fire and never miss a beat. Judgement, qabalistically, is associated with primal elemental Fire; the Pluto correspondence is more modern.

Aha. Yes i know judgement is a very fast card and i can see how the high priestess is not exactly action woman. Lol. Thanks barleywine for the depth of meanings.

Regards
Tara

arcange

I see the Emperor differently but somewhat close to Tecnick's view: The querent felt that taking this job would have made them feel appreciated in their home or with their family.

This brings me to the PoC as over estimating the impact the job would have on their home life. Then I see the guidance for the QoC connected to HP. They need to feel if this job is really meant for them.

Tara

I see the Emperor differently but somewhat close to Tecnick's view: The querent felt that taking this job would have made them feel appreciated in their home or with their family.

This brings me to the PoC as over estimating the impact the job would have on their home life. Then I see the guidance for the QoC connected to HP. They need to feel if this job is really meant for them.

Hi Arcange
I am sooo sorry, but for some reason I only saw this now as I was looking through others’ readings. Thanks for replying.
I never would have thought of The Emperor in that way, but men in authority or father's command respect and want to be appreciated.
Are you looking at the Queen of Cups and the High Priestess intuitively, as I cannot see that from the cards, and am unsure how to respond, as a result. But it is interesting to see how you do. I could see the page of cups as disappointed she cannot follow her dreams. Queen of cups and High Priestess together saying they need to feel the job is really meant for them? I see it as turning her dreams into reality and to express how she feels in an assertive way, in order to bring things out into the open, so she can proceed. It could also signify her having to think before she makes any rash decisions. I can see now how the two cards above could show deep feelings and a sense of belonging being important to the querent.

Regards
Tara