What is holding me back?

Awkward.turtle91

So after doing a meditation on YouTube, or at least listening to one, it suggested that I find out what was holding me back in to being open to love.

And opening up the doors;

So here's the question I asked;

What is holding me back from finding romance/love?

Deck - Everyday witch tarot

710ed0d47b4cbb9ff849d0239e878539.jpg

Cards -

Jumper/additional information

Four of cups.

Past - The sun, present strength and the future three of wands.

My take .. ..

Please be a little compassionate, as it is delicate for me at least :)

I feel that the sun is suggesting that in the past perhaps I wasn't able to enjoy the good times and allow the positive energy to come through like I should have done, perhaps I was too busy focusing on the negative rather then going out and enjoying life to the full and sending of the right vibes. (What you put in is what you receive right?), in the present I feel that strength is a positive reminder to remind me to think that I will get their eventually and I will achieve my goal, I will find love and I will be happy. I feel strength is giving me energy to see this, but sometimes my insecurities are blocking it (going back to the past, it isn't allowing fully the positivity, even though my mind frame might be better in the present there's still doubts). I feel in the future this is suggesting that perhaps I'm neglecting living in the moment, I'm too busy on focusing on other things that I don't notice when something does come along, I don't think I deserve it. I turn my back on it.

Four of cups additional information - I feel is my state of Bordem, I'm fed up I'm not getting what I desire. I feel this is suggesting that I'm after something better, rather then looking at opportunities I have around me now.

One thing I have noticed is all the cats are facing to the left (to the sun), maybe this is suggesting that I need to go back and remember a time where I was genuinely happy and start from their.

Any thoughts?

G Dren

What a beautiful deck!
I see four distinctively different cups on the 4 of cups. I see this card saying that here are 4 choices to make, the largest is the gateway to the future; and the others are doorways to the past. and these are becoming smaller as time progresses. Make a thoughtful but basic choice. The future though unknown only repeats itself if we fail to learn from a past mistake. The sun leads me to the learning from the past statement.

The sun is beckoning to step into the light illuminating old fears. It is not always easy; but if you face them in a positive way you will understand what it means to rejoice, no longer bound by fear. which I get from strength.

Strength is re-affirming the notion that if we accept and learn from the past; you will be in harmony with yourself. and once you achieve this inner harmony, you will make new friends (going back to the 4 of cups). From this precibus; you will learn something new, wonderful, and powerful about yourself. leading to the 3 of wands.

3 of Wands is about letting go of your self doubt; jump into the unknown, and prove you can handle whatever you set out to achieve. and like the cat being fascinated by the show, you will be amazed by your new found inner strength. When these things align within you. Love will follow. Going right back to strength.

I am a rookie reader myself; and this is what your spread stated to me. I could be way off base on this, but a few recent Tarot read events have proved I am reading my deck fairly well. Hope this was close. Blessed Be!

PAMUYA

I do like how you read your cards. I see the past (Sun) as something that is easy to look back to, it is over and done, it is safe, it can be rewritten in your mind depending on your current outlook. Strength is a card of controlling your animal instincts, you hold back, not showing your wants and desires even to yourself. The three of wands is waiting, you have done some work and wait for results. This is your pattern what is holding you back, living in the past, hoping something or someone will come forward. Patients is good thing, but if you want something you first must figure out what it is you really want and have passion for and then go for it.

I do not read jumpers, but the four does show there I s no interest, no excitement on your current path.

barefootlife

I think you've given a pretty good interpretation of the cards, so I'm just going to add a few points to ponder.

The Sun could also be talking about nostalgia, or unrealistic expectations you had in the past. That contrasts with Strength, which is a card about inner strength, not a manifestation of outer power. So you're learning to forgive and love yourself, even if you aren't where you want to be just yet. 3 Wands is all about bringing ideas together to form a powerful new idea or collaboration.

To me, the 4 Cups is about being dissatisfied with your current options, or bored with where you are and ready to move on to something else.

Ix Chel

Hello I am a Tarot beginner here are my ideas (some can be strange):

Jumper - 4 of cups - Water
You are not satisfied about your situation. This can lead in not recognising chances or opportunities. If you do not see them, they will not come to you.

Past - The Sun – 19 - Fire
I would see this as good times in the past. You have written that you did not enjoy it good enough, sounds like a message from the jumper card 4 of Cups.

Present - Strength – 8 - Fire
Personally I never like this card. Because you always need Strength if you are in a unpleasant situation. But it is also a reminder that you have the Strength in you, to find new love.

Future - Three of wands – 3 - Fire
In my opinion this is a “be active / do something” card. Make plans, do things, who knows Mr Right can be everywhere.

Quint is 3 (19+8+3)
The Empress she would be a lovely lover, and is a good card in Love questions.

Directionality & Facings
I see that the Strength person is looking at the 3 of Wands person. They should work more together. You need your inner strength to undertake activities. In my opinion the 4 of cups is blocking you, because you see maybe negative things everywhere.

Symbol
Cats. This is an important symbol for you. I did not really paid attention to the cats. What does a cat mean for you? To me a cat is an independent animal, what does what he wants, to get what he wants (My view can be wrong, I never had a cat). In my opinion the cats are looking at every direction. But the cat of 3 of Wands is looking at the cat of Strength. Looks like there is a connection. The cat from Strength is just sitting there like the 4 of cups (RWS), and who knows maybe the cat from the 3 of Wands is Mr Right Cat.

ED
You have a lot of fire there. But I am missing Pentacles and Air. Doing practical things, and be more logic.

Astrology
This is not my strength but the cards The Sun and Strength are a couple, because they share the same planet, namely the Sun. There message is very strong in this reading.

Pattern
From your 3 card spread there are 2 Majors, so this is really important for you and can have a great impact in your life.

Colour
I see a lot of green. And that is the colour of hope and prosperity. A good colour.

Awkward.turtle91

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting this many responses ^_^, Thankyou all so much.

I'm getting on responses now :)

Blessings x

Awkward.turtle91

What a beautiful deck!

I see four distinctively different cups on the 4 of cups. I see this card saying that here are 4 choices to make, the largest is the gateway to the future; and the others are doorways to the past. and these are becoming smaller as time progresses. Make a thoughtful but basic choice. The future though unknown only repeats itself if we fail to learn from a past mistake. The sun leads me to the learning from the past statement.

Hmmm that's intriguing I like the idea of the four of cups being about choices, it would also link into the idea of not finding any one and as you saw we only repeat our mistakes which would give off the idea on being fed up with the situation.

The sun is beckoning to step into the light illuminating old fears. It is not always easy; but if you face them in a positive way you will understand what it means to rejoice, no longer bound by fear. which I get from strength.

I like this idea on the sun, I suppose the fear here would be finding and idiot, knowing who trust and who not to trust.

Strength is re-affirming the notion that if we accept and learn from the past; you will be in harmony with yourself. and once you achieve this inner harmony, you will make new friends (going back to the 4 of cups). From this precibus; you will learn something new, wonderful, and powerful about yourself. leading to the 3 of wands.

I like this idea about being in harmony with myself; I'm already making new friends one who calm my insecurities down also.

3 of Wands is about letting go of your self doubt; jump into the unknown, and prove you can handle whatever you set out to achieve. and like the cat being fascinated by the show, you will be amazed by your new found inner strength. When these things align within you. Love will follow. Going right back to strength.

I am a rookie reader myself; and this is what your spread stated to me. I could be way off base on this, but a few recent Tarot read events have proved I am reading my deck fairly well. Hope this was close. Blessed Be!

Ahh yes I do need to let go of self doubt, I wonder if these new friends are here to help with that. I don't think you were way off with this. What deck do you own?

Blessed be! Xx

Awkward.turtle91

I do like how you read your cards. I see the past (Sun) as something that is easy to look back to, it is over and done, it is safe, it can be rewritten in your mind depending on your current outlook. Strength is a card of controlling your animal instincts, you hold back, not showing your wants and desires even to yourself.

Hey Pam,

Thankyou for the compliment, maybe I need to start to be more open to myself about what I really desire, not what I think I want or need.

The three of wands is waiting, you have done some work and wait for results. This is your pattern what is holding you back, living in the past, hoping something or someone will come forward. Patients is good thing, but if you want something you first must figure out what it is you really want and have passion for and then go for it.

I do not read jumpers, but the four does show there I s no interest, no excitement on your current path.

I am indeed waiting for things to happen, I'm not very good with the patience thing because well I don't do that sort of thing easily. I think what you say is correct about wanting something and having enough passion to go for it like willingly do something about it.

It's okay not everyone reads jumpers and no there isn't much excitement in my life at present.

Xx

Awkward.turtle91

I think you've given a pretty good interpretation of the cards, so I'm just going to add a few points to ponder.
hello barefootlife,

Thank you for the kind words also, I feel I connect well with this deck. Thank you for kindly adding in a few points, it's always good to have different perspectives and ponder.

The sun could also be talking about nostalgia, or unrealistic expectations you had in the past. That contrasts with Strength, which is a card about inner strength, not a manifestation of outer power. So you're learning to forgive and love yourself, even if you aren't where you want to be just yet. 3 Wands is all about bringing ideas together to form a powerful new idea or collaboration.

Oh I like it about the sun talking about nostalgia, I am trying to learn and forgive myself. That's why I'm doing these self help mediations. Maybe it finally clicks in the end about how to get over it the barriers that is.

To me, the 4 Cups is about being dissatisfied with your current options, or bored with where you are and ready to move on to something else.

I am currently bored with things not moving at the moment and progressing.

Xx

G Dren

Hmmm that's intriguing I like the idea of the four of cups being about choices, it would also link into the idea of not finding any one and as you saw we only repeat our mistakes which would give off the idea on being fed up with the situation.

I like this idea on the sun, I suppose the fear here would be finding and idiot, knowing who trust and who not to trust.

I like this idea about being in harmony with myself; I'm already making new friends one who calm my insecurities down also.

Ahh yes I do need to let go of self doubt, I wonder if these new friends are here to help with that. I don't think you were way off with this. What deck do you own?

Blessed be! Xx

I own The Dragon Tarot By Terry Donaldson and illustrated by Peter Proacownik. I studied the Hermetica Version of Tarot by Mouni Sadhu. I am grateful that I was in the ballpark with my interpretation. New friends leads to new view points. I would say yes they are!