what is this???

Malachite

*tried to post the font on a text page, but it just came up as normal...*

Bella

could this be it?

I was reading through "The idiot's guide to witchcraft and wicca" yesterday and came across Theban Script (p. 103 if you have the book). This symbol looks a lot like the symbol for S, except the top is more heart shaped.
If anyone else knows about Theban Script, what do you think?

Diana

Re: *???*

Pollux said:

I have seen it scratched on a wall at UNI - a wall opposite the entrance actually.

So why don't you scratch next to it: What's this symbol supposed to mean?

Malachite

It would be murphy's law the the police/security came by and picked him up for esoteric graffitti....;)

zorya

i'm a little confused as to whether, it's one symbol drawn twice or if you always see it as 2 together?
like bella, i also found something very similar in a witchcraft book, and think it could represent the letter S.
another possibility is a bleeding or crying, broken or incomplete heart. the teardrop shape often symbolizes sacrifice or blood.

Pollux

*he gets to apologise humbly*

OOPS!!!! I didn't specificate... I'm sorry Zorya!!!

Well, the symbol is one, always the same, NOT written or scratched twice... in the wall on UNI (Diana and Malachite: LOL!!!) it is just the lines... Somewhere else it was with the lower part coloured... maybe orange... I must look for pics of the movie or the animes... but I have no clue for a search...

It is neither the same symbol drawn twice, nor two things appearing together: sometimes it is plain, and sometimes the "tear" is coloured inside.

Tarot Hermit

I came across something today that had symbols that looked very much like the ones you posted. It is in the Theben or Honorian alphabet. It is a wiccan, magical alphabet. You would have to get a good book on Wicca/Craft that has these in it and I feel very sure you will find something very similiar to what you posted. In the book it also showed the Futark and Ogham alphabets. Perhaps someone else can tell you where to find these.

Tarot Hermit

emily2otters

have you seen the flower called bleeding heart? it's exactly that shape, usually pink in the heart area and white below.

the story goes that a certain catholic priest was feeling despondent because his congregation wasn't taking the communion seriously... it was just some bread and wine they had on sundays, you know? he was wishing one sunday that the bread would actually become jesus's flesh, to show his congregation the true meaning of what they were doing. well, this being the middle ages, god granted his wish. the goblet was suddenly full of blood, and the bread turned into a piece of heart muscle that constantly wept blood. it was a miracle. there's probably some holy relic somewhere.

the bleeding heart stands for the suffering of jesus, for sacrifice, for transcendent love. can also be interpreted as seeing spiritual concepts with your own eyes, for granting of impossible wishes.