What outlook for a beloved cat's health? Urgent

Midsummereve

Hello all,

I decided to do a reading for a relative whose cat is in dire straits. I asked what we could expect about the cat's health.

I received:
Woman - letter - scythe - paths - dog

Which i took to mean: my relative (female)'s pet (dog) is expecting test results (letter) from the doctor (scythe) which will necessitate quick action/ decision (scythe + paths).
I also understood here that the central issue is potential surgery, or IV or other intravenous work, that a second opinion (Paths) might be necessary for the cat.

Does anyone see this card combination differently?
Thanks in advance for any help...

CosmicBeing

Hello all,

I decided to do a reading for a relative whose cat is in dire straits. I asked what we could expect about the cat's health.

I received:

Which i took to mean: my relative (female)'s pet (dog) is expecting test results (letter) from the doctor (scythe) which will necessitate quick action/ decision (scythe + paths).
I also understood here that the central issue is potential surgery, or IV or other intravenous work, that a second opinion (Paths) might be necessary for the cat.

I wouldn't see scythe as a doctor... Dog is more likely to be a doctor figure.

So could mean your female relative will be seeing a doctor about the cat... or the doctor is female.

Letter + path would indicate that the written information/diagnosis is going to leave her having to make a choice.

the doctor (dog) is going to present these choices (path)

The female (lady) is going to receive some written documentation(letter)

The written document (letter) will make her have to either make a quick/sharp decision (scythe+path) or a choice about some form of surgical procedure (scythe+path)

So overall looks to me that this doctor is going to present your relative with some choices about the cat

The choices might be surgical related or just is a time pressured choice.

littlestar

Since the scythe is the central card, i read this as having the most significance in the reading and it indicates that things will move quickly, call for fast action that could be painful.

The woman could be the owner of the cat, and the letter indicates that the owner may receive information soon (not yet received) that may call for a quick action (scythe) and a decision (paths) that will require loyalty to her pet.

The woman and dog mirror each other in this spread, indicating the loyalty they have for one another and the letter and paths also mirror each other further indicating that the information received will result in a decision needing to be made.

Just how I would interpret.

DownUnderNZer

Main focus & question is about the "health" of the cat.

For a question like this I'd use TREE as a focus or key card, but I think you have broken it down rather well with just a random selection really.

NOTE: I prefer using the TREE, so take the following with a grain of salt. But for learning purposes it might be fine.

Woman Letter SCYTHE Crossroads Dog

A) "Letter" is also about x-rays and tests being done not just the results of tests.

B) Needles and surgery, even exploratory techniques, could very well be covered by "Scythe" for sure as well as the need to act fast and/or make a quick decision etc.

But with it being about "health" it makes me wonder the following:

1) Issues with the mouth area (Scythe) or
2) Issues with the arteries/circulatory system.

These cards could be indicating physical or known symptoms of the cats health or areas that might be affected due to the causal factor - if not the cause. Eg Not eating, rotten teeth, dry mouth/ bad circulation or blockages etc.

Be interesting to know what you do know about the situation so far and in regards to the cards you chose.

Best of luck! :)

Hello all,

I received:

Sandalwood

Hello all,

I received:

Woman- dog = the vet
Letter - path = choices to be made

In short it also looks like quick deciding is needed and a surgery is suggested. If there's no surgery, I assume it means parting ways (crossroads) with the cat :-/

ana luisa

Sorry for asking but did you friend have another pet that passed ?

Midsummereve

I wouldn't see scythe as a doctor... Dog is more likely to be a doctor figure.

So could mean your female relative will be seeing a doctor about the cat... or the doctor is female.

Letter + path would indicate that the written information/diagnosis is going to leave her having to make a choice.

the doctor (dog) is going to present these choices (path)

The female (lady) is going to receive some written documentation(letter)

The written document (letter) will make her have to either make a quick/sharp decision (scythe+path) or a choice about some form of surgical procedure (scythe+path)

So overall looks to me that this doctor is going to present your relative with some choices about the cat

The choices might be surgical related or just is a time pressured choice.

Since the scythe is the central card, i read this as having the most significance in the reading and it indicates that things will move quickly, call for fast action that could be painful.

The woman could be the owner of the cat, and the letter indicates that the owner may receive information soon (not yet received) that may call for a quick action (scythe) and a decision (paths) that will require loyalty to her pet.

The woman and dog mirror each other in this spread, indicating the loyalty they have for one another and the letter and paths also mirror each other further indicating that the information received will result in a decision needing to be made.

Just how I would interpret.

Main focus & question is about the "health" of the cat.

For a question like this I'd use TREE as a focus or key card, but I think you have broken it down rather well with just a random selection really.

NOTE: I prefer using the TREE, so take the following with a grain of salt. But for learning purposes it might be fine.

Woman Letter SCYTHE Crossroads Dog

A) "Letter" is also about x-rays and tests being done not just the results of tests.

B) Needles and surgery, even exploratory techniques, could very well be covered by "Scythe" for sure as well as the need to act fast and/or make a quick decision etc.

But with it being about "health" it makes me wonder the following:

1) Issues with the mouth area (Scythe) or
2) Issues with the arteries/circulatory system.

These cards could be indicating physical or known symptoms of the cats health or areas that might be affected due to the causal factor - if not the cause. Eg Not eating, rotten teeth, dry mouth/ bad circulation or blockages etc.

Be interesting to know what you do know about the situation so far and in regards to the cards you chose.

Best of luck! :)

Woman- dog = the vet
Letter - path = choices to be made

In short it also looks like quick deciding is needed and a surgery is suggested. If there's no surgery, I assume it means parting ways (crossroads) with the cat :-/

Sorry for asking but did you friend have another pet that passed ?

Hello all and a big thank you for your replies.
So starting with Ana Luisa, here is my feedback. Yes, my sister lost another cat a couple of years before this cat got sick...

Sandalwood: I read in Rana George's book that Scythe could also represent someone in the medical profession, hence my interp here. As far as the separation bit is concerned, I hope that you are wrong here and that the cat will live :(

DownUnderNZer: Yes, I could have picked the Tree to represent the cat's health and read that some people find the card after shuffling the pack, and pick out the 2 cards that flank the Tree card. I choose not to assign cards in a reading, unless I am doing a GT if which case I'll assign cards to specific topics. I believe that whatever cards I get in a 5-card reading will always be relevant to the question I'm asking, and the extra card I get adds to the information that the other 4 provide...
About Scythe representing the mouth, or an eating disorder, you are spot on here. The cat has been refusing to it for the past week and is now on an IV (= scythe). I also do think that the vet will provide my sister with a number of options to save her cat, including dialysis.

littlestar: I like the way you interpret the Woman's loyalty to her pet (Dog). Yes, my sister is definitely very attached to her cat... And yes again, I believe that whatever choices she's going to have to make might be painful (possible euthanasia in worse case scenario?)

CosmicBeing: Interesting you should see Dog as a vet, I am new to Lenormand and thought I was being shown my sister's pet quite literally through that card. For info, can another card in Lenormand indicate someone working in the medical field? Just curious...

One again: thanks all for your help! I pray that that little cat survives the ordeal he is going though right now...

ana luisa

Thank you so much, midsummereve, for the reply. The reason I ask is because I saw the spread as a succession of events. Your sister being the woman, the letter, the diagnostic, the medical opinion, the scythe, an intervention and the paths, the way her cat would take to meet the dog ( another pet ). I hope I'm VERY wrong about this. I have pets too and know how devastating it it to see them sick or let them go... Praying for him and lighting a candle for St. Francis. :heart:

CosmicBeing

CosmicBeing: Interesting you should see Dog as a vet, I am new to Lenormand and thought I was being shown my sister's pet quite literally through that card. For info, can another card in Lenormand indicate someone working in the medical field? Just curious...

The tree is the next major card to indicate some form of health/health field worker.

I sometimes see the cross as a card for healthcare depending on how the cards look surrounding it.

But Dog is a card for pets, someone loyal (like your best friend, significant other, etc.), or someone who gives a helping hand (such as a doctor, therapist, teacher, etc).

Scythe is another card for a certain type of health worker.... so dentist, surgeon, phlebotomist, etc. Someone who works with sharp instruments.

Coffin is more about illness or depression if looking at in the healthcare way, could indicate a mortician or medical examiner/coroners.

Letter can indicate blood tests, diagnosis, anything where the information of someone's health may be seen... such as medical records too.

Tower can be a health facility such as a hospital.

Bear might indicate someone who is a nutritionist (helps patients learn a new diet to help bring better health)

There are probably many more cards that can signify certain specialties in health field. But the cards I see as indicated someone working in health care field is Tree, Dog, Scythe... those three make me think of doctors and nurses the most.

(*This is just how i view the cards, but hope it gives a different perspective.*)

Midsummereve

Thank you so much, midsummereve, for the reply. The reason I ask is because I saw the spread as a succession of events. Your sister being the woman, the letter, the diagnostic, the medical opinion, the scythe, an intervention and the paths, the way her cat would take to meet the dog ( another pet ). I hope I'm VERY wrong about this. I have pets too and know how devastating it it to see them sick or let them go... Praying for him and lighting a candle for St. Francis. :heart:

Thank you!