Will I ever get married again? Page of Cups + Magician clarified by the Tower

TarotNewbie1

I am someone who always wanted a happy marriage, an intimate relationship, and a family of my own. However, ever since I can remember I have been very unlucky in love.

I have been divorced. And without giving too much detail my life has gone through a lot of hardship that was out of my control. And I feel like no matter how hard I am trying to make myself and life better things keep going the opposite of what I want, especially in love.

I'm currently not in a relationship and I haven't been in one in a while. And I wonder if this will ever change.

So I asked the cards will I ever get married again in this lifetime? The answer was the Page of Cups and the Magician. I was confused by this reading bc I saw it go both ways. So I asked what the Page of Cups and Magician were trying to tell me and then I got the Tower as a clarifier.

Here's my interpretation:

Could Page of Cups mean someone is proposing or offering their heart to me? And the magician means that anything is possible if you put yourself out there. Clarified by the Tower it will happen unexpectedly when I least expect it.

But the tower is not generally the kind of card you want to see in a question like this. I heard the tower could mean that something will never happen. Overall, I am confused bc from all the cards in the deck, I don't necessarily see these both for marriage.

Sentient

TarotNewbie, I believe your cards' message is straightforward.

The PC is you: wary, but willing to look for love again. Because you've been burnt before, your actions will be more tentative than they might have been prior, but you still want what you've always wanted: a marriage, home and family.

The Magician is what you're capable of, which is anything you set your mind to. But I feel this card is somewhat poorly aspected, as you don't have full confidence in your abilities, as reflected in the PC. You say you're "very unlucky in love," but the Magician doesn't rely on luck ‒ he uses his skill. The Magician is saying: forget luck, do the things you know you should in terms of meeting people and putting yourself out there, and let luck take care of itself. Be the Magician, not the lovelorn Fool who waits on chance.

The Tower as clarifier is clear: your romantic history is full of upsets, and they have left their mark. As a result, instead of being a Knight a Cups you're a Page, and instead of having full confidence in your abilities you have doubts. The message here is not to let your past drag you down. Many good people have poor romantic histories; you can't let that defeat you. The Tower has come and gone from your life, now is the time to regain your inner Magician. And by the way, the answer to your question is "of course, if you want it bad enough." There's nothing the Magician can't do.

ram

Wow, Sentient, what a great reading!

TarotNewbie1, I agree with Sentient. Having the Magician show up is quite a signal that you are quite capable of an intimate relationship. Your experiences very well could have molded you into a person with even more to offer. Maybe exactly the thing the potential people/person you connect with may be seeking (consciously or not).

TarotNewbie1

TarotNewbie, I believe your cards' message is straightforward.

The PC is you: wary, but willing to look for love again. Because you've been burnt before, your actions will be more tentative than they might have been prior, but you still want what you've always wanted: a marriage, home and family.

The Magician is what you're capable of, which is anything you set your mind to. But I feel this card is somewhat poorly aspected, as you don't have full confidence in your abilities, as reflected in the PC. You say you're "very unlucky in love," but the Magician doesn't rely on luck ‒ he uses his skill. The Magician is saying: forget luck, do the things you know you should in terms of meeting people and putting yourself out there, and let luck take care of itself. Be the Magician, not the lovelorn Fool who waits on chance.

The Tower as clarifier is clear: your romantic history is full of upsets, and they have left their mark. As a result, instead of being a Knight a Cups you're a Page, and instead of having full confidence in your abilities you have doubts. The message here is not to let your past drag you down. Many good people have poor romantic histories; you can't let that defeat you. The Tower has come and gone from your life, now is the time to regain your inner Magician. And by the way, the answer to your question is "of course, if you want it bad enough." There's nothing the Magician can't do.

Sentient,

Thank you for your honest and insightful reading. I agree, the page of cups is me. It's interesting the magician is all about having the ability to make things happen and the tower as is the clarifier here usually means things are outside of your control. With romantic relationships I think effort is def required and there is also an element of chance too. There's aspects of relationships we can't control like who we fall for or whether the person who we are interested in is also interested in us and is willing to be in a relationship with us. What I am realizing after your reading is that it's not all chance or luck. I need to also do my part to make things happen. I recently just moved and making new friends and going out more will be good for me. My job is very demanding but I do really need to find a balance in my life. So hopefully with effort there will be some luck 😊.

TarotNewbie1

Wow, Sentient, what a great reading!

TarotNewbie1, I agree with Sentient. Having the Magician show up is quite a signal that you are quite capable of an intimate relationship. Your experiences very well could have molded you into a person with even more to offer. Maybe exactly the thing the potential people/person you connect with may be seeking (consciously or not).

Thanks ram. Oddly enough as bad as my experiences have been, it has forced me to be a better and stronger version of myself. That's exactly the kind of person I want to attract. Someone who sees how I've handled my experiences and how it shaped me into the woman I am today.

Maru

Page of Cups is really interesting considering it is at a different mental/emotional state in comparison to the Magician.

Page of Cups is not only timid when it comes to matter of the heart, maybe too trusting (?) due to naivety and it may be too that you're still learning to love.

You mentioned your life was full of hardship. Is it possible this also affected where you are currently at in terms of matters of the heart? I wouldn't say stunted growth, I think we are all Page of Cups in some places in our lives... there is always so much more to learn about ourselves.

And I think that is the "disconnect" between Magician and Page of Cups. Magician goes after things for the love of the craft, his ability to make the spark just happen, the "just go with it".

Page of Cups is the complete opposite of this. They question every decision (with regards to matters of the heart), especially when it comes to inner trust.

It may suggest that you may need to rebuild this relationship between you and yourself (and as a result, "grow up" your heart)... and then the Magician's stances will feel more natural overtime.

It feels like this may take some time... nothing is speedy and I think with PoC, it may very well be that love comes slow. You maybe need to find someone who is willing to take that journey with you... slowly, bit by bit, little bit at a time...

Page of Cups too also may suggest you would do better in a more child-like connection. Think the innocent fondness of an elderly couple or just love for loves sake. Like between you and a loved one or a pet. A patient and compassion sort of love. It could also be a more family-oriented love too... definitely not as focused on the physical. It doesn't mean you don't care about physical or that chemistry is not strong... but it takes a little while for you to get there to the strength of the Magician.

I don't think the cards are saying it won't happen. But it does suggest you have the basics there to make it happen (Magician). It's just you need to "know your suit"... you may be Page-y in the sense you are love for love sakes. Not a puppy love--but one that is more enduring. You may be instinctually looking of this... Magician could be the "blank" waiting for the type of man to appeal to the PoC.

So Magician could be the shoes waiting to be filled by the right person and you are the PoC.

Several possibilities, but I think all angles have a bit of insight to them. I would not limit the possibilities of Pages as being "lesser skilled"... I think when it comes to your heart, you're at that stage because of where you are coming from. But it also may mean you also have a very weather resistant heart... maybe perhaps more than you realize. Pages to me can be enduring... they know how to get back to basics. The other court cards in that suit are more affected by their blemishes and scuffs so to speak... Pages have a natural robustness (think youth here), so think wise spirit young heart... your heart might be a bit "dormant" though... think pre-first REAL love... maybe it has not really happened for you yet so your potential (Magician) is not entirely clear.

Edit: To give a real life example of PoC in action. My mother who was single most of my life and is debilitatingly disabled (severe Dystonia, scoliosis, a number of things), met someone who accepted her warts and all for her heart and spirit, not her body. Their love is very child-like, but they are both well-suited and it's a bit of a companion-esk relationship rather than the sexual/passionate kind we are kinda "trained" to look for through media/TV. It's the kind that is also truly unconditional... neither of them are perfect, and my mother certainly has been through the wringer over the years, but they tolerate each others quirks probably because they both seem to think the exact same way. It is an unconditional type of love that is just far too rare in our society. He has spent most of his life homeless, due to addiction among a number of things, but finally beat it and taught himself a few trades over the years that support his living. So he is no stranger to hardship either. He is the type of person that will give the shirt of his back to someone in need... even if he himself has nothing. Unfortunately, both are a little naive and their nature has been taken advantage of... that's another reason though they fit together so well. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

Edit: Made some minor corrections.

TarotNewbie1

Thank you! See my response below.

Page of Cups is really interesting considering it is at a different mental/emotional state in comparison to the Magician.

Page of Cups is not only timid when it comes to matter of the heart, maybe too trusting (?) due to naivety and it may be too that you're still learning to love.

*Yes, that's definitely me 😊. With the relationships I did have I was taken advantage of. And my experiences have made me wiser but since I haven't had too many relationships or a healthy relationship that has effected my level of maturity in the love and relationship department.

*I have noticed the guys that I've attracted or who I liked were opposite than me. They were not naive but more manipulative and street smart.

*But the similarities I had with them was that we both had issues with having a normal committed relationship. And there were issues with intimacy too. Like I always wanted intimacy but never felt like I had it. And they didn't offer deep intimacy maybe bc they didn't want it.

You mentioned your life was full of hardship. Is it possible this also affected where you are currently at in terms of matters of the heart? I wouldn't say stunted growth, I think we are all Page of Cups in some places in our lives... there is always so much more to learn about ourselves.

*Yes, in the sense that since my past relationships haven't worked out I'm back to square one ready and looking to develop a relationship but not having that opportunity to develop deep intimate bonds and seeing them through.

And I think that is the "disconnect" between Magician and Page of Cups. Magician goes after things for the love of the craft, his ability to make the spark just happen, the "just go with it".

Page of Cups is the complete opposite of this. They question every decision (with regards to matters of the heart), especially when it comes to inner trust.

It may suggest that you may need to rebuild this relationship between you and yourself (and as a result, "grow up" your heart)... and then the Magician's stances will feel more natural overtime.

It feels like this may take some time... nothing is speedy and I think with PoC, it may very well be that love comes slow. You maybe need to find someone who is willing to take that journey with you... slowly, bit by bit, little bit at a time...

Page of Cups too also may suggest you would do better in a more child-like connection. Think the innocent fondness of an elderly couple or just love for loves sake. Like between you and a loved one or a pet. A patient and compassion sort of love. It could also be a more family-oriented love too... definitely not as focused on the physical. It doesn't mean you don't care about physical or that chemistry is not strong... but it takes a little while for you to get there to the strength of the Magician.

I don't think the cards are saying it won't happen. But it does suggest you have the basics there to make it happen (Magician). It's just you need to "know your suit"... you may be Page-y in the sense you are love for love sakes. Not a puppy love--but one that is more enduring. You may be instinctually looking of this... Magician could be the "blank" waiting for the type of man to appeal to the PoC.

So Magician could be the shoes waiting to be filled by the right person and you are the PoC.

*I really hope that's the meaning. Bc tbh those aren't the best cards to get for marriage. So it does worry me. But your interpretation helps to see another perspective.

Several possibilities, but I think all angles have a bit of insight to them. I would not limit the possibilities of Pages as being "lesser skilled"... I think when it comes to your heart, you're at that stage because of where you are coming from. But it also may mean you also have a very weather resistant heart... maybe perhaps more than you realize. Pages to me can be enduring... they know how to get back to basics. The other court cards in that suit are more affected by their blemishes and scuffs so to speak... Pages have a natural robustness (think youth here), so think wise spirit young heart... your heart might be a bit "dormant" though... think pre-first REAL love... maybe it has not really happened for you yet so your potential (Magician) is not entirely clear.

*Yes, very true. I honestly don't think I have ever had a normal healthy relationship. I don't even know whether I know what true love is and whether my strong feelings were even love. Maybe what I thought was love wasn't love at all. And that's the sad part bc I do really want it or what if I don't want it and I'm addicted to something unhealthy. I say this only bc of the experiences I had and these experiences make me doubt myself. All I do know is that I haven't been attracted to the guys that have liked me. And the guys I've really liked it never worked out with them.

Edit: To give a real life example of PoC in action. My mother who was single most of my life and is debilitatingly disabled (severe Dystonia, scoliosis, a number of things), met someone who accepted her warts and all for her heart and spirit, not her body. Their love is very child-like, but they are both well-suited and it's a bit of a companion-esk relationship rather than the sexual/passionate kind we are kinda "trained" to look for through media/TV. It's the kind that is also truly unconditional... neither of them are perfect, and my mother certainly has been through the wringer over the years, but they tolerate each others quirks probably because they both seem to think the exact same way. It is an unconditional type of love that is just far too rare in our society. He has spent most of his life homeless, due to addiction among a number of things, but finally beat it and taught himself a few trades over the years that support his living. So he is no stranger to hardship either. He is the type of person that will give the shirt of his back to someone in need... even if he himself has nothing. Unfortunately, both are a little naive and their nature has been taken advantage of... that's another reason though they fit together so well. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

*Thank you for sharing your mom's story. It was really sweet. Maybe that's the kind of relationship I need to look for. In the past I would say my pior experiences were more passionate/sexual than the companion unconditional type of love. Ideally I would want both lol and that's kinda what I have been striving for.

*Bc of my age, culture, and the divorce stigma, getting married again seems very tough. It's def one of the reasons I'm having such a hard time finding someone who will accept me for who I am. I personally feel I have a lot more to offer now than pior to my youth and past relationships.

*Also, I don't know if there is a significance or not but the page of Cups is wearing a blue garment and the magician is wearing a red garment. And the tower shows two people falling and one is wearing blue and the other is wearing red.

Edit: Made some minor corrections.