January FSC ~ Sagewriter and thorhammer

thorhammer

Hey, Sagewriter! Nice to meet you :) I'm looking forward to letting the Faeries talk to me to give you a message :heart: Here's our spread:
faerylvr said:
What the faeries and the new year have in store for you:

1..... 2..... 3.... 4
Emotion Physical Spiritual Overall

Let's have fun! :D

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Hey, sagewriter :) I've got some peace and quiet, tho for how long remains to be seen :laugh: So me and the Faeries are havin' a chat about what the New Year has in store for you :)

1: Emotional - She of the Cruach

Such an emotional card in this position! She wants you to know that it's okay for you to allow the world to affect your feelings. That's called response, and as much as we are exhorted by the New Age movement to be emotionally independent of outside events, we know that it's not possible, and She says it's not desirable, either. Sure, don't let people "get" to you, but don't close yourself to compassion, even when it hurts, and remember to allow the flow of love between you and the world. A great sense of bliss will wash over you when you open your heart to engage with the world.

2: Physical - Singer of Healing

This magnificent presence urges you to set this year aside to nurse your physical self, because it needs your attention. Never underestimate the power of the physical manifestation over the emotional and spiritual selves; the tangible person, the body, is the most basic and fundamental expression of each individual's divinity, and aligning its being with its ultimate goal is a powerful first step in pursuing a higher vibration.

3: Spiritual - The Green Woman

Every time I see this card I think of those phrases in the companion book - "Expectant gratitude, untrammelled creativity" :) and they make me so excited, happy, brimming over with optimism and humour. This mature Faerie woman is bursting at the seams in her mirth and giggles uncontrollably at the hilariousness of people and Faeries taking themselves seriously. Her humour is a sacred thing, worshipful and infinitely wise. '

She also links strongly with the previous message; she tells me that if you take care of your body, you will have less to distract your spirit and it will be able to soar with a newfound wisdom and maturity. You will gain sudden perspective, that wry wisdom of mothers watching daughters make the same mistakes they did. There is unshakeable confidence and hence such awesome potential here.

4: Overall - Mikle a' Muckle

One of my personal favourite Faeries, mostly because he seems to like me :) He says that it's time to stop taking yourself so seriously (he's in cahoots with the Green Woman ;)) and have a play. This whole year is a great and utterly hilarious cosmic joke, but you're gonna have to pay attention or you'll lose the thread long before the punch line. By "paying attention", he means taking on board the messages of the previous Faeries. He tells me the messages are clear (and for once I agree with him) and you shouldn't have any trouble following them. He says this with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, because he's well aware of the human tendency to self-sabotage. But he is the eternal optimist and sincerely (?) hopes that you'll internalise this message and "get" the joke. The he'll have someone else to giggle with.

What a lovely reading, sagewriter :) I'm jealous - and I can't wait to see what message the Faeries have for me!

\m/ Kat

sagewriter

thorhammer said:
Hey, sagewriter :) I've got some peace and quiet, tho for how long remains to be seen :laugh: So me and the Faeries are havin' a chat about what the New Year has in store for you :)

1: Emotional - She of the Cruach

Such an emotional card in this position! She wants you to know that it's okay for you to allow the world to affect your feelings. That's called response, and as much as we are exhorted by the New Age movement to be emotionally independent of outside events, we know that it's not possible, and She says it's not desirable, either. Sure, don't let people "get" to you, but don't close yourself to compassion, even when it hurts, and remember to allow the flow of love between you and the world. A great sense of bliss will wash over you when you open your heart to engage with the world.
It's only been recently that this makes sense for me. I've been slowly cutting myself off. I try not to let anything affect me, and if I feel sad or angry I have been keeping it inside of me. Which I know is unhealthy, it just seems the best thing to do. I'll try to take note of this card, as I've found that when I have tried to discuss something then I usually feel better for it!

thorhammer said:
2: Physical - Singer of Healing

This magnificent presence urges you to set this year aside to nurse your physical self, because it needs your attention. Never underestimate the power of the physical manifestation over the emotional and spiritual selves; the tangible person, the body, is the most basic and fundamental expression of each individual's divinity, and aligning its being with its ultimate goal is a powerful first step in pursuing a higher vibration.
I managed to spend 5 months on the trot at the gym last year. Then after my holiday I stopped going and gained half a stone. I've since started back at the gym but am still eating a lot of junk food. This card in particular has been stuck in my head whenever I eat something naughty, so I'm already trying other things to it. Thank you :)

thorhammer said:
3: Spiritual - The Green Woman

Every time I see this card I think of those phrases in the companion book - "Expectant gratitude, untrammelled creativity" :) and they make me so excited, happy, brimming over with optimism and humour. This mature Faerie woman is bursting at the seams in her mirth and giggles uncontrollably at the hilariousness of people and Faeries taking themselves seriously. Her humour is a sacred thing, worshipful and infinitely wise. '

She also links strongly with the previous message; she tells me that if you take care of your body, you will have less to distract your spirit and it will be able to soar with a newfound wisdom and maturity. You will gain sudden perspective, that wry wisdom of mothers watching daughters make the same mistakes they did. There is unshakeable confidence and hence such awesome potential here.
Even more of a reason to take care of myself then!

thorhammer said:
4: Overall - Mikle a' Muckle

One of my personal favourite Faeries, mostly because he seems to like me :) He says that it's time to stop taking yourself so seriously (he's in cahoots with the Green Woman ;)) and have a play. This whole year is a great and utterly hilarious cosmic joke, but you're gonna have to pay attention or you'll lose the thread long before the punch line. By "paying attention", he means taking on board the messages of the previous Faeries. He tells me the messages are clear (and for once I agree with him) and you shouldn't have any trouble following them. He says this with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, because he's well aware of the human tendency to self-sabotage. But he is the eternal optimist and sincerely (?) hopes that you'll internalise this message and "get" the joke. The he'll have someone else to giggle with.
Thank you for the reading, I'll try to keep everything in mind and remember what the faeries have told me :)

sagewriter

Here is your reading:

1.Emotional: The Lady of the Harvest: Harvest is the best time of year, when all your hard work and efforts pay off and you are left with the most beautiful fruits. Have you been working on fulfilling yourself emotionally? Because I get the feeling that this year you will be reaping the rewards! Harvest is also the time of releasing what you have been holding onto and growing. If you have been clinging on to certain emotions or have had a hard time letting go, then this year will be a wonderful release for you. Be aware that this is a new phase for you emotionally, it may be a bumpy start but things will soon smoothe out. It certainly is a wonderful phase to be in, what a great way to start the new year! I don't get a rush of energy from this card, so no frantic emotions. it feels more calm and relaxed. Like I said earlier about spending time and energy on things then relaxing to enjoy the rewards. That's the feeling I get from this card.

2. Physical: Himself: Well, he certainly is fit in every sense of the word! What a fantastic card to get! This looks like a good year physically. This card is full of energy. Your emotions are steady this year which will have a wonderful effect on your physical self. I'm not sure what else to say about this one. Himself is always pretty clear, things are either good or bad and this is most definately good! His eyes do remind me of needing more sleep though. Something to keep in mind!

3. Spiritual: The Guardian at the Gate: A stunning card. It feels as though you are about to make a break-through, or are about to enter into a new phase/path on your spiritual journey. This is very welcoming and does not signify any struggle to me. The signs may be small and quiet, not a breath-taking "this is it!" moment, but a new stage will open and begin. I can see a lot of light and happiness waiting to welcome you on the other side. Just keep steady on your path. if you have been meditating, keep at it. Practisibf tarot, keep drawing those cards! A new world is waiting to open up for you.

4. Overall: Collective of Pixies: What a rejoicement! Some pixies are just chilling at the bottom (relaxed emotions), one is reaching up high (embracing the heavens/spiritual) and another is merrily dancing (physical health). This the perfect ending for this reading. this card also signifies support, so it seems as though you will not need to look hard for someone to support you should you so need it. It also shows that even though this year will be a happy one, all years have good and bad points. The thing to remember is to embrace the bad aspects and to go about them with a lighthearted approach, don't let them affect you too much, don't dwell on them if you want to enjoy the good parts. Overall this year looks like it will be a lot of fun - keep the fun in your heart!

I hope you like your reading and your new year ahead :)

sage xx

thorhammer

sagewriter said:
1.Emotional: The Lady of the Harvest: Harvest is the best time of year, when all your hard work and efforts pay off and you are left with the most beautiful fruits. Have you been working on fulfilling yourself emotionally? Because I get the feeling that this year you will be reaping the rewards! Harvest is also the time of releasing what you have been holding onto and growing. If you have been clinging on to certain emotions or have had a hard time letting go, then this year will be a wonderful release for you. Be aware that this is a new phase for you emotionally, it may be a bumpy start but things will soon smoothe out. It certainly is a wonderful phase to be in, what a great way to start the new year! I don't get a rush of energy from this card, so no frantic emotions. it feels more calm and relaxed. Like I said earlier about spending time and energy on things then relaxing to enjoy the rewards. That's the feeling I get from this card.
I like that you get a calm impression from this, as I could really do with some calm. I tend to go about things at a really frenetic pace (except today, a public holiday and I'm actually managing to take it easy so far, so this is very timely!) and I need to really work to slow down. I do sense that I'm turning a corner in an emotional sense; becoming more mature. I seem to do that in steps, not in any sort of gradual process :laugh: but great leaps. I have always tended to be a vengeful, grudge-holding type, and for some months now I've felt that begin to slip into the background, so perhaps that side of me will finally fade entirely and I can become more forgiving and "in-the-moment".
sagewriter said:
2. Physical: Himself: Well, he certainly is fit in every sense of the word! What a fantastic card to get! This looks like a good year physically. This card is full of energy. Your emotions are steady this year which will have a wonderful effect on your physical self. I'm not sure what else to say about this one. Himself is always pretty clear, things are either good or bad and this is most definately good! His eyes do remind me of needing more sleep though. Something to keep in mind!
You're so right about the sleep! and also about the fitness. I am fitter than I have been for some time, with yoga and a rehab program for worker's compensation keeping me moving and down to a nice trim weight. I feel great and more "in" my body than for a very long time. But I do need to rearrange my days so that I get to bed earlier. Mind you, it will help when STUPID DAYLIGHT SAVING ends and sunset is back at a more civilised time of day than 9pm :rolleyes:.
sagewriter said:
3. Spiritual: The Guardian at the Gate: A stunning card. It feels as though you are about to make a break-through, or are about to enter into a new phase/path on your spiritual journey. This is very welcoming and does not signify any struggle to me. The signs may be small and quiet, not a breath-taking "this is it!" moment, but a new stage will open and begin. I can see a lot of light and happiness waiting to welcome you on the other side. Just keep steady on your path. if you have been meditating, keep at it. Practisibf tarot, keep drawing those cards! A new world is waiting to open up for you.
This is very pertinent. I have recently come into a new path, and it feels like walking into a great silent cathedral full of light, and somewhere beyond hearing there is a monstrous great choir of angels heralding my arrival. It's quite personal so I don't want to get into it, but suffice to say that I've been heading in this direction for a long time and it feels great to be on this inexorable path that leads me ever onward :)
sagewriter said:
4. Overall: Collective of Pixies: What a rejoicement! Some pixies are just chilling at the bottom (relaxed emotions), one is reaching up high (embracing the heavens/spiritual) and another is merrily dancing (physical health). This the perfect ending for this reading. this card also signifies support, so it seems as though you will not need to look hard for someone to support you should you so need it. It also shows that even though this year will be a happy one, all years have good and bad points. The thing to remember is to embrace the bad aspects and to go about them with a lighthearted approach, don't let them affect you too much, don't dwell on them if you want to enjoy the good parts. Overall this year looks like it will be a lot of fun - keep the fun in your heart!
You know, I've recently started being much more able to treat the bad with a lighthearted attitude! It's been great, too; I tend to be less stressed out . . . well, the rewards really are obvious, so I won't go into them, but it's working. It does seem that this year is to be very well-rounded and turn out nicley. I just hope that I can remember this so that I can consciously make the right choices along the way.

Thankyou so much for reading for me. This was a lovely message to read today :heart:

\m/ Kat

sagewriter

thorhammer said:
You're so right about the sleep! and also about the fitness. I am fitter than I have been for some time, with yoga and a rehab program for worker's compensation keeping me moving and down to a nice trim weight. I feel great and more "in" my body than for a very long time.

I'm pleased about this! I kept thinking you were really trim, but I didn't want to write it down in case you were, well, the opposite! I should really stop doubting myself, especially since the sleep thing seemed odd but I put it down anyway. Still learning :D