Do you think the world will end in 2012?

memries

Lewen, Indigo Rose and Gregory, exactly how I feel too. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO LIVE !

Lewen

I also feel that should the *worst* thing happen, being that some giant scale disaster that wipes me and my children and family out, then my time on earth was done as it were. My next step is to do whatever it is I need to do on the next plane or level. My work on earth would be done at that point. So, on to the next thing! One of the most freeing things for me is to have given up that fear. The opposite of love is not hate, it's fear. I choose to try to love, to try to forgive and be there for my family as much as I can be.

Interesting thread! :)

TomTom

I have other things to do and to worry about. Life goes on now.

I would love to move to Vancouver Island and live there for the rest of my life even though it is much debated that, when "the big one" earthquake comes, the west coast goes under. Until then, at least I would have lived where I wanted.

No, I don't believe in the doom of 2012. The rotation and reversal of the magnetic poles have happened before and surely will happen again, the process supposedly lasting over 300 years. 2012 is too short a time away.

No, I don't think that humans will be better or at peace with each other.
From the beginning of our existence we had ample of time to achieve that; but we are our worst enemy and as a species we never could keep the peace, be it in our closest surroundings or globally. We are the "power animals" - at least for now in the scheme of things.

Skydancer

[size=+1]YES!! I DO!![/size]

Run up your credit cards in 2011 buying everything you've ever wanted - then you won't have to pay it off!! :D

*S*

[disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for what my alter ego spews forth when I'm not looking. ~Ann]

GoddessArtemis

From what I was told by this well-known psychic...the earth's axis will shift, moving everything further down towards the equator...so, for example, the U.S. would go further down on the globe...getting closer to the equator...Alaska will be in warmer climate, etc. That will throw off the eco-system and there will be a lot of earth-related changes, which will create havoc. Also, there will be a huge war in 2012 (perhaps WWIII, he said), but the world will not end...it will just drastically change from what we know it.

His prediction gave me visions of Star Trek: Next Generation - First Contact...but as it was on earth. We have four more years...so I guess we'll see.

GA

Little Hare

nope i don't think so, then we are human and there are some damn stupid nasty people out there.... we can not control if and when it will happen

paradoxx

solar flare, lunar disruptions, volcanic eruptions, alien invasion, or just a huge paradigm shift.

6 Haunted Days

Yes. Well, maybe. Kinda. I sure hope to hell something changes.

Lillie

Nothing will happen.

Everyone will be disappointed.

HearthCricket

Nope. I think there will still be wars, still be global warming, still be new technology, but maybe there will be some good on its way. Maybe better leaders and bad ones out of the picture. Maybe a more earth caring generation moving forward with better cars and ideas to save on consuming natural resources in a big and effective way. I think earth has a way of healing herself...even if it means we might become victims, but I don't see it as coming that soon. I honestly believe that people, like us who are asking questions, will start changing, more and more, and the world will be a better place. To me nature is nature and she is going to act up, regardless of what we do to her. We just might do things to make her more active than she ought to be. So watch our step and start the healing process. As for people, I think it is time for us to grow out of our adolescence and grow up and take responsibility for our actions and CHANGE. It is only in the inward changing of people, one by one, that we will see a better world as a whole.

I like to be optimistic. Realistic, but optimisitc about things. Do you see the cup as half empty or half full? Or do you see it flowing over with possibility? I do!