Do you think the world will end in 2012?

Queen of Disks

If the world ends at any point, I have a feeling it will be because of something stupid human beings did more then some big prophecy or anything like that.

It might end in some form in 2012, it might not. Can't say.

avalonian

I think there will be a major shift in consciousness, hopefully for the better. Maybe we need to bear in mind that for everything that ends something else begins. I wonder if the Mayan Calendar ends in 2012 as that will be the end of a phase and the start of a new one?

I have to sort of agree with the boyfriend of Miss_Yuko, they had to stop somewhere!

Indigo Rose

sweet_intuition said:
Well, I know this is the "Astrology" forum... however, why not get a lil 'tarot-perspective' here.
So the primary cards we have here are:

Judgment, Hanged Man, Hierophant, High Priestess (twice), Fool, and Magician.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

:D :D Brilliant, sweet_intuition!!! :D :D

Here is what I found. These come from Astrologica-Tarot Lessons

• 20-The Aeon/JudgmentFire or Pluto
    Divinatory meaning:
    Final decision. Judgement. Sentence. Determination of a matter without appeal on its plan.

12-The Hanged ManWater or Neptune
    Divinatory meaning:
    Enforced sacrifice. Punishment. Loss. Fatal and not voluntary. Suffering generally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2=The High PriestessMoon
    Divinatory meaning:Change, alternation, increase and decrease. Fluctuation.

0=The Fool—Air or Uranus
    Divinatory meaning:Idea, thought, spirituality, that which endeavours to rise above the material.

1=The Magician—Mercury
    Divinatory meaning: Skill, wisdom, adaptation. Craft, cunning, depending on dignity. Sometimes occult wisdom

2=The High PriestessMoon
    Divinatory meaning:Change, alternation, increase and decrease.
    Fluctuation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5=The Hierophant—Taurus(Venus)
    Divinatory meaning:: Divine Wisdom. Manifestation. Explanation. Teaching.

:heart:

berrieh

Weren't the Mayans wiped out? Maybe they met their doom while CALCULATING past 2012. So, it was the end of the world already---the Mayan world. And the few that were left to scatter or whatever just didn't bother with that damn calendar stuff and decided to live fuller lives or something.

Or could be that 'Sacred Tree' stuff.

Or could be we just lost the rest of it.

Or could be nothing at all. :)

I don't think the world will end then. For a variety of strange reasons (not just wishful thinking) I won't get into, I expect to live beyond 2012, and I can't imagine how that'd be if the world ended.

I really don't see a paradigm shift either, unless connected to that 'Sacred Tree' astrology lunalafey mentioned. Maybe it's an active Cosmos time.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Excuses, excuses, excuses!

The Mayans took the rest of the calendar with them when they left the planet. Yeah, thats it. Or they lost the damn thing.

LMAO!
Perfect reasoning!
The dog ate it!
The publisher stole the other half and sold it on ebay as antique toilet paper. LMAO:laugh:

:DBarb

Lewen

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
The publisher stole the other half and sold it on ebay as antique toilet paper. LMAO:laugh:

:DBarb

You know...that wouldn't surprise me! :bugeyed: :laugh:

autumnsdaughter

Or maybe they just got sick of doing it, and figured no one would notice if they didn't continue it... and besides, they had to stop somewhere.

dadsnook2000

Mayan's view of the world

The Mayan social infrastructure was disrupted and destroyed by the Spanish invasion of their territory. To a large extent, only that which was carved in stone or could be repeated in the oral tradition survived -- other than the physical descendants. Who among the Mayans today would calculate and then create another cyclic calendar of the nature that we have come to know about?

Once the end date of this present calendar passes, only scholars will be interested in the past periods of time represented there, or be able to extend the calendar in more modern forms. Since few on this list can read the actual calendar, our concern comes down to the question of "do the end-years give us an indication of events that may impact us?"

So many "end of days" dates and periods have passed up until now. It is very doubtful that the world will end soon. But, the world will change, and those changes may appear to gather closer together at times, bringing panic and large adjustments into our lives. Those changes appear, for now, to be of the "generational" type, taking 10 to 25 years to appear and complete themselves. We need only look at western states facing increasing water shortages as the Colorado River is depleted (in terms of serving more demands), as water tables drop and dry up, as arctic ice shrinks and marine life and wild life shrink along with the ice, as one island after another in the Pacific faces inundation from rising sea levels, as increasing warm water areas destroy coral reefs that protect islands from storm surges, as the atmosphere changes wind and water patterns as it heats up slowly. If we see this as the "end of days" as we knew them, then the Mayan calendar may be quite appropriate to dwell upon.

Or, "change" may be somewhat natural -- not wanted, but natural to some degree. ASTROLOGICALLY, we should be concerned with what factors have come to represent this overall change. If we identify the factors, then we can follow the nature of these changes and the sub-plots of the changes and when they will show up. This is what our list should be doing. Dave

MCsea

SOlar Maximum?

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2007/14dec_excitement.htm

Many (Space weather) forecasters believe Solar Cycle 24 will be big and intense. Peaking in 2011 or 2012, the cycle to come could have significant impacts on telecommunications, air traffic, power grids and GPS systems. (And don't forget the Northern Lights!) In this age of satellites and cell phones, the next solar cycle could make itself felt as never before.

Just an idea...

MARINA

morticia monroe

Anyone and everyone can PREDICT the future. No one really KNOWS.

My biggest concern for 2012 is that is the year my son will turn 18 and have to register for selective service. Do I worry about it? No. But with the world being in the state it's in, having to send my son off to a war would be a far greater worry to me than the end of the world.

And between now and then, I'll be loving my kids, loving my man, loving my fellow man, and making an endeavor to DESERVE the wonderful life I was blessed with, however long it may last.