Went to a medium event, strange results

Meditarot

Meditarot, have you ever considered contacting him yourself through cards or meditation ? I never understood why people should have "fewer" chances of contacting the ones they love and miss as opposed to a complete stranger. Granted, there are phenomenal mediums out there but I believe you could get in touch with him yourself. There are wonderful spreads for that and the message, when received by you will come as something much deeper and intimate and not as a theatrical performance...

I have been thinking about it, and have been practising several practises for opening the third eye during the last days. It could perhaps help with this (though that isn't the primary reason for why I'm doing the opening.)

I remember when I was visiting my parents. They were visiting a place and I was spending the night alone there. As I was beginning to sleep, I tried to contact this grandfather with a simple question if he is there with me, and that if he is he should make a sign.
I got a few faint knocks somewhere deep within the house's structure, but I let that be and didn't really continue anywhere with it.

Perhaps I'll try it again someday, with those kind of methods that you just described.

But right now I'll focus on strenghtening my third eye.
Not any significant results. I've been doing the "THOH"-practise, and have been listening a 15-minute long audio track once a day, which is said to vibrate in the third eye.

As I read the comments many people had written that they get a very unnerving feeling about the track, and that they cannot listen it all the way through.

For me the track hasn't done this, and I actually fell asleep while listening to it last night.

I need to go now, got a schedule to catch on. I answer for the rest of you later : )

Meditarot

Meditarot, I'd go with your gut on this. You didn't connect with her and I doubt your Grandad did either. Maybe he was telling you to wake up and smell the roses ;)

: D

Or perhaps it was someone's spirit that I sensed. It's hard to tell.

I believe in mediumship 150%, but I also believe that not all mediums are as good as they think they are. Every person who lives has passed over people, grandparents especially, so it isn't rocket science to claim to that energy being near someone. As I told my daughter, and this is probably good advice for you too - take what resonated from your reading and what made you feel good, love it and appreciate it, and shake the rest off. xo

i hope i don't come off as rude, but everything you explained sounded like cold reading. It seemed she just took whatever answer you gave her and spun it: "oh, uh, that's what i meant!"

If you feel uncomfortable about the experience, i would dismiss it. Connecting with dead loved ones is supposed to make you feel better afterwards, they are life affirming, and can be healing--not confusing, or doubtful.

Anyways, just my two cents!

It was a mixed experience, that I can say for sure.

It seemed promising at first, but then she started struggling with things, but was still so pompous that she kind of just decided to "go with it".

I didn't feel any connection. Just plain confusion.

But yes, I'm over and done with it. I'll probably work things myself from now on when it comes to these connection things.

But I do have to admit that I too believe that some mediums can be effective in their readings. For example the medium from "Most Haunted" (No, NOT Derek! : D )

I don't remember his name, but he was so calm but assuring in his readings, and there were quite a many phenomenal reading cases which he did.

(I checked it. David Wells)

If your grandfather lived in a house near birches and a point of water, then wouldn't that possibly - POSSIBLY - be your grandfather the medium picked up on? How many things did this medium accurately pick up on about the grandfather? Also, when souls cross to the other side, some will have a change of heart about certain things ... so it's not unusual for these souls to try and come through and get their now revised message across in such circumstances. If the grandfather telling you that you should continue with your studies resonates with you, then it could have possibly been your grandfather.

Sadly though, group sessions held by mediums (even gifted ones) are indeed often "just another day in the office" for them. If you want a more valuable, and thorough reading - where you can ask about your grandfather - seek out a one-on-one session with a medium.

---

As an aside, a medium by definition is one that has the ability to contact spirits, so a person going to a medium for a reading should expect they are going to probably talk about loved ones that have passed over. It's also the medium's way of giving the client information that can be validated in order to 'prove' themselves (for want of a better word) to the client.

The thing is, while it was promising at first, there are after all many houses here which are surrounded by birches, and there are many creeks and rivers next to roads.

The description of the yard with it's houses was also convincing (with the exception of the "stone house") and one other thing, which was

"There is a front door and a back foor for the front house?"

"No. But there is a front door and a back door for the backyard cabin."

(And yeah, guess what she responded again)

"Then it must be that then."

She also mentioned that my grandfather used to do sculpting, which was correct, but then she continued to describe the things which I couldn't possibly remember.

She was also very keen of describing things when I was just a child (like from 3 to 6 years old). Remember that she originally assumed that my grandfather had died when I was just a little boy so she spoke of all those things.

But for me, those weren't of that much importance.

Me and my grandfather's bond were the strongest since the beginning of my pre-teenage years until the day when he died. Those pre-teenage years (from 13 to 14 years and forward) were the times when I decided to get to know my grandfather better, and we became quite close to each other.

He spoke to others of our adventures (over and over again) until his last months, when he succumbed to the illness.

The medium completely ignored this side of the lifeline, mentioning none of it, but instead simply focusing on how depressing my teenage years were, and how my grandfather "understands" it.

All in all the reading could've been something great, but instead it just ended as confusing and kind of a thing that I wanted to forget right away, let alone tell my relatives about of.

headincloud

Hello, it a shame you've been left in such doubt and confusion after an event that is supposed to be a positive experience. I agree with the majority it sounds like cold reading which I see as total disrespect for Great Spirit/God not to mention others feelings. I feel she didn't provide enough evidence for you to be certain she had a connection with your grandfather though we can't totally dispute she didn't either. As a professional she should have been able to give you facts about him, his name, what he passed with, his job etc before going on to give you his message. What some developing mediums do is 'fill in the blanks' that's to say they'll pick up some specifics, one or two hits and then just babble a message which is coming from 'them' rather than spirit. Granted there's a learning process whereby mediums have to get it wrong in order to learn and it takes great self-attunement not to jump to conclusions as to what's being conveyed by spirit. The intuitive process is one of learning to trust yourself and distinguish what is intuition and what is imagination because the former is channelled through the latter hence the medium may not be aware they are wrong on times but as for deliberately misleading people that's outside of spiritual law and I don't feel there are any excuses for that. I'm just learning but would quite happily try and pick up who's around you in spirit if you like just drop me a pm.