A Crystal Ball...

Sophie

Thanks, Hearthcricket! I will try to photograph it in the sunlight. It's a hermaphrodite - it has the best of both sexes, and I've not yet discovered if it has the worst :D.

So I might start calling it s/he, LOL.

I can't wait to try herim (? :eek:) out for scrying. Any tips?

Alta

I found good sunlight seemed to work best. It brings out the internal reflections. Also I had to try the ball in different angles.

Sophie

It's only mildly sunny day today, but I gave it a shot anyway, and here are my results. In the first picture you can just about make out the window inside the ball.

Attachments

• More of Fud's Fabulous Crystal Ball.jpg
    More of Fud's Fabulous Crystal Ball.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 95
  • More of Fud's Fabulous Crystal Ball 2.jpg
    More of Fud's Fabulous Crystal Ball 2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 96

Alta

That is better, especially the second shot. Nice!

HearthCricket

Very mysterious and mystical ball you have there! Good things should come of it! Enjoy!!

lark

Yes, very beautiful..did you notice on the second picture that the light is forming a little Jesus Cross on the right side....

Sophie

lark said:
did you notice on the second picture that the light is forming a little Jesus Cross on the right side....
Oh wow, I've just seen this! A message? A message about worthwhile sacrifice? I badly need that kind of reassurance these days...

Thanks for pointing it out.

lark

Fudugazi said:
A message? A message about worthwhile sacrifice?
That's what first poped into my head when I saw it too.
Crystals we have looked for for a long time and then suddenly appear when we are not searching or expecting them so often tie in with the things we are going through at the moment in our life..

Sophie

lark said:
Crystals we have looked for for a long time and then suddenly appear when we are not searching or expecting them so often tie in with the things we are going through at the moment in our life..
Ah, it makes sense, doesn't it?

Your signature is another such message, lark. I've seen it a hundred times, but only today is it speaking to me so loudly. It's from Yeats' When You are Old - a poem a little like a cross of light on the side of a crystal ball...

I wonder what else I'll find in that ball, once I start examining it closely?

lark

Yes it is, here it is all together...and speaks to me on so many levels.

When You Are Old

When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire,
Take down this book,
And slowly read,
And dream of the soft look your eyes had once,
and of their shadows deep.

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
and loved the sorrows of your changing face.

And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled
and paced upon the mountains overhead
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.

W.B. Yeats

Sometimes a little silly perhaps, but I read a lot of poetry and certain poetry remind me of certain crystals because they have such a real personality....this poem always reminds me of Ametrine...two crystals that come together but never really lose their own individuality and so they had to become a different something all together.