Relationship reading King of Pents as feelings and Page of Cups as hopes

werewolfmoon

Tarot of the Old Path
Ten card spread
Relationship reading

Background: My female friend is seeing a guy who is considerably younger than her. The King of Pentacles came up as his feelings and the Page of Cups as his hopes. I see the KoP as earthy, grounded and stable, not much romance there though. The Page Im feeling as hoping for more in a courtly sense, knight in shining armour?

Thoughts?

JoyousGirl

I don't know the images on the Old Path, but I'm thinking she's a sugar mummy. He's probably a bit of a dreamer who'd like someone (the King) to take care of him (the Page) while he does whatever he does. It's as if he wants someone who keeps him or his life in order.

WalesWoman

I'm just going by the tarot in my head, since I don't have Old Path, but I see this similarly as JoyousGirl.

King of Pentacles is him wanting to feel like King of the Hill and control home, finances and all that good stuff, but without having to deal with the actual responsibilities. Hope is the pleading puppy dog eyes and being adorable to sweet talk their way into your life. I know of guys who are serial boyfriends of older women (10+ year age difference), me thinks they have mother issues centered around abandonment, abuse and control issues and have vulnerability radar, since they seem to zero in women who have self esteem issues. Not saying that is what is going on, but is a likely scenario.

werewolfmoon

I'm just going by the tarot in my head, since I don't have Old Path, but I see this similarly as JoyousGirl.

King of Pentacles is him wanting to feel like King of the Hill and control home, finances and all that good stuff, but without having to deal with the actual responsibilities. Hope is the pleading puppy dog eyes and being adorable to sweet talk their way into your life. I know of guys who are serial boyfriends of older women (10+ year age difference), me thinks they have mother issues centered around abandonment, abuse and control issues and have vulnerability radar, since they seem to zero in women who have self esteem issues. Not saying that is what is going on, but is a likely scenario.

Goodness, that is bob on, thanks. He is 20 years younger than her and was abused and abandoned by his mum when very young, she is 40+ and still reeling from a painful divorce. They have an odd non physical but very intense long distance friendship in that they talk every day via phone and Skype. She is puzzled as to what if anything is happening or will happen. She is reluctant to push things because of the age differance and shes been hurt very badly.

werewolfmoon

I don't know the images on the Old Path, but I'm thinking she's a sugar mummy. He's probably a bit of a dreamer who'd like someone (the King) to take care of him (the Page) while he does whatever he does. It's as if he wants someone who keeps him or his life in order.

That certainly fits, thanks, my friend says he is scatty as hell!

re-pete-a

Tarot of the Old Path
Ten card spread
Relationship reading

Background: My female friend is seeing a guy who is considerably younger than her. The King of Pentacles came up as his feelings and the Page of Cups as his hopes. I see the KoP as earthy, grounded and stable, not much romance there though. The Page Im feeling as hoping for more in a courtly sense, knight in shining armour?

Thoughts?

I feel that the KoP indicates that this person is very prone to analytical thinking and examines whats happening...very closely...a calculator... not necessarily a bad thing...Just overthinks himself ... hence doesn't know what his real emotional feelings are.

The Page of Cups also indicates that this person feels that this partner will be his teacher and as such a motherly figure...He's willing to learn from her....possibly holds he in high regard as to her intelligence...