The Tarot of Life (new unpublished deck)

Ravenswing

love it

uma--

the torn edges work so very well--softens the entry into your image. Perhaps you might tone the red down--it jumps out real hard...

you have got one marvelous piece of work.

raven

Chronata

Wow...the little changes you have made are an improvement for sure...

It was gorgeous before...but now it's breathtaking!

Beautifully done!

cesara

Nicely worked. Well done!

truelighth

Very nice artwork and a very nice deck. I agree with most of the changes that everyone suggested and that you worked in the deck. But for me, I personally like the reworked version with the coloured borders and the keyword on the image the most so far. When the keyword is in the white border, it somehow attracts my attention more. But hey, that may be just my opinion. I do think that using those coloured borders worked very well to make the images pop-out even more. They made them more powerfull. I am also not a fan of the torn edges.

Egypt Urnash

I would seriously suggest not using a font that comes standard with your computer; dig around some font sites and find one that's Just Right for the images and pay the $20 or so, or hand-write the text for something that really meshes with the images. The one you're using is way too heavy compared to the mono-weight pen drawings.

I would also suggest that your colored border extend all the way to the bottom; switching from the pastel to the white behind the text makes the text the most contrasting thing on the entire card.

Uma

Egypt Urnash said:
I would seriously suggest not using a font that comes standard with your computer; dig around some font sites and find one that's Just Right for the images and pay the $20 or so, or hand-write the text for something that really meshes with the images. The one you're using is way too heavy compared to the mono-weight pen drawings.

I would also suggest that your colored border extend all the way to the bottom; switching from the pastel to the white behind the text makes the text the most contrasting thing on the entire card.

Thanks for the suggestions... I'm amazed how important the border seems to be for so many people... I guess even subtle changes make a big difference. A softer font style probably would go better with it.

I felt that the coloured border would make the caption too hard to read which is why I kept that part white. (Sometimes I read cards in low light and don't want to spoil the atmosphere by turning on the full light.)

Uma

My blog

I've decided to expand this thread through a blog:

(As I've been advised not to publish it here, see my profile or my Tarot of Life cards in the unpublished deck listing on this forum for the link)

Feel free to comment either here or on the blog.

AJ

The mods will remove the link I expect, put it in your profile.

gregory

That profile link works great, Uma (it's under your sig now, see ?) - and very good luck with it. Is it much changed from when I actually saw a prototype in Kleinburg ?