Male Tarot Readers

Freddie

Greetings,

I feel that in looking back over the history of Tarot that it has been an equal effort of both sexes. I don't feel funny being a straight male tarot reader. Should Hearts' Nancy Wilson feel funny playing hard rock solos on an electric guitar...hell no!!!!! I always say 'I'm one hell of a great lesbian' lol......

I also like to use a pretty deck that I feel is evenly balanced between masculine and feminine. I don't use Thoth at all lol.....

freddie

yagger

Guy here..

Why don't we just ask tarot what the female/male distribution is for tarot practitioners at this time, in your town.. xD?

I think most tarot readers are female too.
The images on my rider waite deck look rather elegant, subtle and colorful in my opinion and the back of the card has a red rose... Not exactly manly.
If i could choose i want a tarot deck in manga/anime style :D But now im actually getting used to this standard deck. Also, if the cards look too good, maybe i would be just picking the prettiest cards :p

I'm full of emotions and imaginations. And i like guys too. Maybe that's why also i don't mind getting to know of the elegance of tarot.

nisaba

Originally Posted by yagger
If i could choose i want a tarot deck in manga/anime style
A brief visit to the Tarotgarden, type "manga" into their search box, then just for a change type "Japan" into their search box, then "Asia".

Trust me, when I was trawling through there months ago, I must have seen sixty illustrated in a manga style. It was all too much.

sillyking

Just my reply

Hi all this is my first post so I'm excited. Anyway as to your first question. It depends but for the most part no. As for the second question. I love being a male reader and I don't feel like there are other expectations or challenges. I don't know what one can do to make males more comfortable so I don't have answer to the third one.

nisaba

sillyking said:
Hi all this is my first post so I'm excited. Anyway as to your first question. It depends but for the most part no. As for the second question. I love being a male reader and I don't feel like there are other expectations or challenges. I don't know what one can do to make males more comfortable so I don't have answer to the third one.
<grin> The excitement doesn't wear off - keep visiting.

"I love being a male reader and I don't feel like there are other expectations or challenges." - good words. You live in a civilised place. Honestly, around here, male readers or female readers, it's pretty much all good. I do not know any Aboriginal readers, though (that's not to say there aren't any, just I haven't met them and they would seem to be in a tiny minority) so there could be more of an issue there. I'm glad you find maleness to be issue-free - that's exactly the way any gender should be.