• I trust Tarot unconditionally

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • 50/50

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 20 14.7%

• Total voters

SunChariot

Well I certainly trust Tarot unconditionally in the sense that I believe the answers are truth, but I don't follow it blindly. To me it's a tool to help teach us what we need to learn in life and to help us to make educated choices. It's a tool for personal growth. I don' ask questions on what I should do anyway. I am much more likely to ask the cards what I am meant to be learning from this experience, how can I best learn it. Or if I really need the cards to help me make a choice, like if I should take a new job, I'd ask two questions and compare: "What will happen if I take this job?" and "What will happen if I don't take this job?" That puts me in a better decision to make the right decision, but the decision is mine to make not the cards.

Honestly, it is my belief that the answers come from G-d and my angels. But they want me to learn the lessons my life sends me, to me that is why we are here on earth. There's not as much to learn by hearing what you must do and just following it. In fact, I know there are times when I am not meant to know at all, that I am just meant to learn from the experience without hints of where I am going. The cards do sometimes refuse to answer of tell me I am not meant to know the answer to what I have asked.

Bar

Miren

I like to do daily readings for my normal days, where there's a schedule and I'm trying to feel it out...but when I'm travelling, I tend not to. I don't know why. But the dailies, I keep in the back of my mind and use to help prepare me for situations I may encounter. Like one time the reading basically screamed "Don't step on toes." I didn't and nothing bad happened. Would it? I don't know, but I also know that I behaved in a way that was good, even without the risk, a way I should act more often.

When it comes to critical things, I trust it maybe 70%...I try to put a lot of time and thought into my important readings...

WalesWoman

I voted #3, I listen to the advice, look at the consequences of the various options and then do what I feel is right for me.

As usual, I'm often wrong but just as often I'm right by doing what I think or feel to be the right thing.

I don't depend on anyone to make my choices for me, I learned long ago that is asking to lose all my own authority or having any semblance of self control or self direction... so I never DEPEND on anything to make my choices for me... unless it's what sort of wine to serve with dinner.

I do, on the other hand have faith that Tarot is steering me in the direction I need to go, so will give those results more weight if it seems contradictory to what I think I should do.
I've been re reading some spreads from the past year or so, they all seem to point to the same outcome... so, I think I'll listen more closely to what tarot is telling me.

Troubadour

Best Friend and advisor, but only one advisor

I listen with the attention I would to my best friend or even spouse, and in the end, if I am reading for myself--and because the voices are internal and "interpreted by my lively intuitive senses" --I tend to believe and follow the advice.

If I read for someone else, I always qualify and suggest they use their own intuition before acting on the Tarot's advice. It's a pro and con thing in that case for me. If they're emotional or distraught about a situation, they may react irrationally to advice. They may forget that they still have free will, and that destiny is not absolute no matter how many majors appear. But for my own reads, for my own situation, I tend to utterly believe because I know the answers came from within me. If my own "personal card" and "life cards" appear I believe absolutely for self -readings. Foolish? Well, I am the fool, after all.

Aura Wolf

I chose two options:

I trust tarot unconditionally
I listen to all choices Tarot show me, then make my own decisions

Those may seem contradictory, but here's the thing: When I am doing a serious reading for myself, I trust the results because I interpret them in my own way based on what is inside myself. They are the path to my subconscious. Therefore, what I interpret always feels right, even if it's not what I want to hear, and always is right even though I may not have realized it before. However, trusting the advice doesn't necessarily mean I will follow the advice, for any number of (in most any case I can imagine, foolish) reasons :rolleyes:

mollymawk

I trust tarot, too. But I have little interest in predictive reading (except things like the two-card quickes and such in the 'Games' thread--that's just plain fun!). I will do predictive for people, and once in a while I'll go so far as to look at the energy patterns coming up for me, but even that feels a bit stale at times. Possibly why I don't often do it.

There is so much to learn from tarot; telling fortunes and futures is about the least interesting thing to do with it compared to what it can teach you, how it can change you. But that's my path with it; not necessarily anybody else's. And I'm trying to get my reading practise more in tune with that--the learning to see, the way your perceptions can be utterly changed, and away from the predictive stuff.

Still, it's my bread-and-butter. Been lucky the past couple weeks in the clients who have wandered in and may it continue. Even if I'm just doing arrays with clients--they're engaged, I'm engaged, and they're getting a whole lot of information about the 'hows' and 'whys' of themselves, as am I--and for some that's enough. Sometimes not, but it seems to be the base level where I need to start to enjoy doing it. And that's not even taking it to the really deep levels, but still...it's such a relief from 'does he/does she'.

'Other' here.

MoonGypzzy

For myself I can definitely say that when I first started using Tarot I ran to it for everything that was going on around me. I was dependent on my cards and started to realize it. So, I made a conscious decision to just listen to my intuition and allow life to take its course because I just wanted to see if I could rely on my gut feeling instead of having to pull my cards. I just feel that Tarot is supposed to guide you into being able to hear your intuition and to trust yourself and what you are hearing. Once I felt I got to that point then I didn't feel the need to always consult my cards about every single thing that was going on.

MG
xoxoxoxox

light2000

I voted for 50/50.

I always make a tarot reading for a issue but many times only to see the dangers of a situation so i can be more carefull.

Catmoon

Thank you everyone for your votes and responses.

Results are quite surprising. Only 7 (including me) trust tarot unconditionally and very few follow it straightforwardly. Of course trust and love are not necessarily mean listening. What the poll also shows is that majority are firmly in control of the process, keeping their Selves separate from multiplicity of energies involved in Tarot, allowing themselves to look from outside, thus more accurately and detachedly. Still, I keep wondering, what Tarot Gods think about this :)?

Tarot God gave us free will ... LOL