All the tarot readings done for me were... wrong!

Torann

So maybe you HAVE met the love of your life and just didn't realize it.

barb

That could be the case too. That I just didn't see it. But that is only the relationship part... the business part... well, I've worked really hard and if clients don't pay afterwards... I can assure you it causes a lot of stress.

AnemoneRosie

Honestly I find predictions very dangerous. Suppose I was fairly desperate and those things they predicted don't happen... imagine the disappointment. That could even be dangerous if the sitter is perhaps suicidal.

In my experience (and I work with suicidal people) tarot readings are lower down on the list of worrisome hazards.

Now we're talking! ;)

I think you have a really interesting point there. The first reader (i visited somewhere in november of 2015 - it was a gift from a friend) and the last reader (november 2016 - a gift to myself because she is really famous in my part of the country) told exactly the same story. And I really felt that the first reader was very... "reserved". It was like she was holding back. But then she talked about timings... I would meet somebody in april, have a great job during summer time that would be long lasting... and my significant other would be joining my business by the end of the year. Now, if I, as a reader, would see that the changes would not be happening immediately or if I would feel that it would take a very long time before it happens then I wouldn't talk about timings but I would be "vague".

The two others were highly recommended... but i didn't felt it 100%. There was one who told me that I would have an affair with someone who was married (hell no!). And that I would have quite a few one night stands (hell no!) Not that I condemn one night stands, but it's just not for me.

It's difficult to be vague. When I do that my clients tend to come back to me either arguing "I went to another reader and they saw [x] - how did you miss this!?" and my credibility is questioned. Those ones rarely come back to me for another reading. The other thing that can happen is that they want more, and then their imaginations take over, and my words get twisted. So my saying "if you work really hard you'll get rewarded" (work hard on what? What might the reward be? When will it come?) Becomes "if I work hard at work I'll get a promotion within the next three months!!!" and then that promotion doesn't happen (maybe they were to work hard on themselves, and be rewarded with a sense of self-worth?) and they come back saying essentially what you said in the OP.

headincloud

It's obvious that all of those things will occur at some point in your life so they are really open ended predictions, if they're predictions at all. That's not to say I disbelieve the tarot only the interpreter.

nuttyprofessor

I think the entire "clairvoyant" scene is much and much too susceptible to fraud. I see some of those posts here from professionals, and as a consequence I am inclined to loose confidence in the occult part of tarot. And that's a really bad thing. First and foremost tarot should be a tool to help people, and a responsible reader should respect the client that (s)he puts his/her belief in the tarot. Ideally tarot should give just some extra income to the professional, unless (s)he is licensed as a therapist.

A "no cure, no pay" arrangement would be proper. Let the client have the freedom to put the fee on the deposit of the reader later on.

Torann

I think the entire "clairvoyant" scene is much and much too susceptible to fraud. I see some of those posts here from professionals, and as a consequence I am inclined to loose confidence in the occult part of tarot. And that's a really bad thing. First and foremost tarot should be a tool to help people, and a responsible reader should respect the client that (s)he puts his/her belief in the tarot. Ideally tarot should give just some extra income to the professional, unless (s)he is licensed as a therapist.

A "no cure, no pay" arrangement would be proper. Let the client have the freedom to put the fee on the deposit of the reader later on.

So true... i've started reading tarot beginning of this year. And I only use it to give myself (and some others) more insight, a different view, but I will never say "you will meet a hot blonde in May". :)

UniversesCollide

Timing is difficult, it's possible you're on the path to these things but they are happening later. And possibly, they all felt pressure to say happy and hopeful things to make the reading feel good and important, perhaps thinking it was a safe gamble. I get readings every so often for s**ts and giggles and pretty much get told every time that there is fabulous romance/romantic love coming into my life soon whether I want it or not.

Saskia

I'm curious. If you don't believe in detailed predictions and won't do them for your clients, why did you take them on board in the first place?

Thus I wanted an unbiased vision of my situation. But here it comes... all the readings were wrong. They did resonate, but none of them were correct. I was told that I would find the love of my life (nope), I was told that my career would finally lift off...(nope). That my finances were improving (nope), ... There was even one that is well known (youtube) who did a reading for me and even that was completely wrong on every level.

I'm not sure how a reading can resonate but not be correct? Some parts were correct if they resonated, no? I understand that not all predictions came to be (at least not yet), but you also tell a lot has changed in your life due to the effort you've made. So, in essence, the situation has changed to positive from what it was when you got the readings.

I'm not trying to argue or nitpick, I'm just trying to point out that not all predictions come to be exactly as described or in the schedule predicted, but it doesn't mean nothing was or will be correct.

Or, you just happened to meet 4 readers who were hopeless. Even when the readings resonated.

Torann

I'm not sure how a reading can resonate but not be correct? Some parts were correct if they resonated, no? I understand that not all predictions came to be (at least not yet), but you also tell a lot has changed in your life due to the effort you've made. So, in essence, the situation has changed to positive from what it was when you got the readings.
Or, you just happened to meet 4 readers who were hopeless. Even when the readings resonated.

Well, that is exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Is it them, or is it me?

I don't like it when people give very detailed readings because it's more difficult to get it out of your head for some reason. Like someone said that I would meet someone with a heavy Dutch accent, colored skin, very oddly dressed... well that is very confusing. And very pushy in a way.

The readings resonated because they all told me that I was very creative, intuitive,... they got a lot of things right that were in the now or in the past.

The first reader was 100% correct 25 years ago, but in those days, I was young, silly and fearless. :)

Tonight I came to the realization that it could be me - without knowing - who is blocking the outcome because of fear. Suppose I would meet someone and get hurt again? Suppose I get more jobs and i can't handle the paper work... The mind plays devious tricks on you, you know.

gregory

I don't get this one... ?

I just want to get more insights. I thought this forum was meant for that? A learning experience.
It is. Don't worry about it.

But do try and see readings as something more than exact predictions, and you may get a lot more from them. As Saskia said - if things resonated - there is something there to pay attention to.

Torann

It is. Don't worry about it.

But do try and see readings as something more than exact predictions, and you may get a lot more from them. As Saskia said - if things resonated - there is something there to pay attention to.

And that was exactly the reason why I asked this question here. I knew it would give me more insights. So after your comments I started to wonder if by working at my own personal wellbeing, i just postponed things. I just held them off, because from past experiences I had learned that if you want things to be different (like not constantly falling in love with the wrong people) you have to work on yourself first.

And now that I feel healed, the reading from the first and the last reader are (well almost) completely the same. I just pushed on the freeze button for a year.

:)

(but i still won't go for the married types :D )