How often?

DarkWolf

How often do you use your tarot cards? I tend to use them frequently (excluding semi-weekly one card draws for guidance), but have heard others say that you should only consult them once or twice a month. This is so you don't "wear the cards out" spiritually.

I always use them when I feel moved to do so.

DarkWolf

Alta

To me the idea of "wearing the cards out spiritually" just seems impossible. I read them when I feel the need and setting arbitrary time limits seems unhelpful to me.

Or maybe you are referring to asking the cards again and again on a question hoping if you draw the right cards then the situation will resolve magically? Now that really does does not work. If you read on a situation, accept the reading, work with it and give things time.

Redfaery

I play with mine a little bit every day, usually in the morning. Nothing elaborate, just a sort of back and forth with my favorite deck, to keep my mind flexible and to stay in practice.

Grizabella

I don't really read for myself in the conventional sense. I mostly read for others. But I use my cards 24/7 throughout the day. I'm single, retired and don't have much that could interfere with that, though, so I have that much time to spend with the cards.

DarkWolf

To me the idea of "wearing the cards out spiritually" just seems impossible. I read them when I feel the need and setting arbitrary time limits seems unhelpful to me.

Or maybe you are referring to asking the cards again and again on a question hoping if you draw the right cards then the situation will resolve magically? Now that really does does not work. If you read on a situation, accept the reading, work with it and give things time.

Yeah I feel the same way. How can you wear out a tarot deck?
I wasn't referring to reasking questions. Just the frequency. I personally feel that if the cards are "calling you" then it is time to do a reading.

DarkWolf

MissChiff

I don't really read for myself in the conventional sense. I mostly read for others. But I use my cards 24/7 throughout the day. I'm single, retired and don't have much that could interfere with that, though, so I have that much time to spend with the cards.

I fall right in this category....

TarotSpark

Tarot is a tool of compassion I guess, so it should be consulted when one feels like it - does it really matter how often? Yet, personally; unless there is no strong impulse against it, I try to draw a card each morning for myself :)

RiverRunsDeep

I use my cards almost daily, though not always for readings. Often, I use them for deck study, meditation, dream work, ritual, or for reference when I am reading books about tarot. I have never heard the idea of "wearing out" the cards! IMO, using the cards regularly has only served to deepen my tarot practice.

Citrin

Basically daily. :) I've found that going from weekly or monthly readings to daily guidance from the tarot has enriched my life a lot. I'm a better tarot reader, I'm more in tune with my authentic self, and I've found a way to involve my spirituality in my everyday life.

Wheel of Fantastic

I use the Tarot daily. Instead of the well known one card daily draw I use the three card draw described by Sarah Bartlett in the Tarot Bible. This is 1) the main card of the day; 2) what needs to be attended to and, 3) what feelings/reactions to look out for. I find this spread very helpful for attuning to a new deck.