Want to see the printing process? A day at a printer's in Prague

Keigh

baba-prague said:
They think we are completely mad - "tarot? why tarot?" - to them it's a card game. But they do like the artwork.
YOu should give them a reading...they'd be converts for sure! Thanks for sharing your pictures! I've been on press checks and print runs before...but never for anything as wonderful as a new tarot deck!
Keigh

Cocobird55

More printing photos would be great. Can you also take some at the cutting place? I'm curious to see what kind of machine cuts the decks...

Sue

Ankou

Nice addition to your site! I love seeing what other studios are doing and using. I've been wondering what kind of production studios you two were working with. Our neighbor has a small print shop with access to nearly every process, at least on a small scale. He's forcing me to do some etching right now :) So I'll be doing some work the old fashioned way...

Post more photos, definately!

Love and Light,

Ankou

tmgrl2

Thank you so much!! I love to see this part of the process...

Must be a bit like "birthing" for you to see those first ones come off the press...

terri

baba-prague

I'm not sure we'll be able to get photos of the cutting - we can try but we aren't always there for that (it's during the printing that it helps so much to be there to adjust the colours). But we'll try to get more pictures! I'm glad it's of interest.

Etching Ankou? Sounds good. We've been working with someone on etchings recently (beginning of another project but far too early to talk about and we're not even 100% sure it'll go ahead.) I love good etchings - they have a quality that nothing else quite reproduces.

TemperanceAngel

Thanks for posting this baba, very interesting :)

Mimers

Very cool!

You know, it is really special when you come here and make us feel like we are part of the entire process! It creates more of a bond with the deck when we finally get it.

thanks so much for sharing Karen!

Blessings,
Mimi

Ankou

Etchings are such unique looking things aren't they? You guys have definately captured that sort of look in this new deck. I'll have to go back to the thread and see your design process. I haven't been at AT as much as I would like the past couple months.

Having seen so many beautiful images of classic etchings, I find myself stumped as to what I should render. Mayba a little play time will help me pull something out.

Are you actually making the plates? or just handing off the drawings?

Happy Printmaking!

Ankou

agedog1

Most wonderful and educational

Dwaas

Highly interesting! Thanks for posting the photo's. It is very interesting to think about how these dedicated craftpeople add to the magic of a deck. So different from what I thought it would look like! If possible please more photo's.
Blessings