Seeing all the cards.

Gloria Jean

When considering buying a tarot deck, do people buy in anticipation of seeing all of the cards, or would you rather see all of the cards before you buy the deck?

I am considering a site that will show all of my cards in a 150 pixel size. Do you think this is a good idea?

Golden Moon

I think its a good idea, you won't go to a clothing store and buy a shirt or jeans that are in a sealed box without knowing what it looks like and trying on before you spend money buying it? That's my point of view.

Bridget

I would rather see all the cards first. I once ordered a deck because I loved a few cards I saw in a review, but when I got the whole deck, I found that I really disliked the courts, and I didn't want to read with it. The experience made me wary of buying decks without seeing every card.

I think it's smart to show your cards on your own website; then you have control over how the images are presented, and you can have your own order button. :) I'm not sure how large 150 pixels is, but I prefer images that are close to full-size, so I can see more details. If you're worried about pirating, you could post them with a watermark.

Gloria Jean

This is 150 pixels. How it shows up on your screen would depend on your screen resolution.

Attachments

• 4-150.jpg
    4-150.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 138

Chronata

I do believe that showing all the cards does sell more decks.

just leave off one or two to be a surprise to those who purchase it. (like the title or extra cards)

irmata

100% in favour of seeing all the cards before committing to purchasing. It's also a factor when deciding between decks on the wishlist - I'm more likely to buy the ones I know I'll like, rather than risking a "lemon" with only a few cards available for viewing.

The size you've chosen is definitely enough to get a general idea of the card's appearance. If there are special details that you feel add to the appeal of the card, maybe include a couple of those, cropped to highlight them? Why I suggest this is that someone might see your deck and think "Oh, just another art collage deck," but if there are elements that make it special, that shows that it is more than just the sum of its parts.

WolfyJames

I'm among those who much prefer waiting for the scans of the whole deck, hopefully, to be out before purchasing a deck than just buying it. I tend to dislike most decks I see, good thing for my wallet, and with my very limited funds I'd rather spend my money on something I really like. We are very lucky here on ATF to be able to trade decks but most people I think don't even know the forum and are therefore stucked with decks they wasted money on. Seeing the whole decks has allowed me to compare some decks, to add some decks on my wishlist and to not waste precious fund on decks I would have disliked.

willowfox

Must see all the cards first.

Gloria Jean

Okay here is a preview of all the images I am using in the deck but they have not been updated with the new font yet, and I revised the queen of wands.
I will eventually get these up on my tarot site.

http://www.bacaracka.com/visions/

irmata

That's wonderful, Jenny_Writer!

The High Priestess makes me swoon with her loveliness. What is the original painting? Your Strength strikes a chord with me too, because I identified Circe as Strength in my own tarot study a while ago and I chose that exact painting! :D The inclusion of the "Dark" cards is a nice touch. I see these two as very elemental, so it makes sense to allow them to express their shadow side so fully.

I think what impresses me most is the cohesiveness of your deck. The images all work together, even though they're from diverse sources. Everyone who's been clamouring for a Pre-Raphaelite inspired deck (including moi) is sure to be pleased with yours!

In a word: YUMMY!