Which card(s) say twins to you

celticnoodle

Green Eyed Envy said:
If it's twins, it will be identical girls. We did IVF with pre-implantation genetic testing, and the embryos were all girls. Only one was without any chromosomal issues, so only one was transfered. I'm a surrogate and my Intended Parents are just as excited as I am about the possibility of twins, since we only had the one little embryo to work with!
Oh what a wonderful, beautiful gift you are giving to those parents! You are a special person G.E.E.! And, doubly so, if it's going to be twins! :laugh: Again, congratulations and keep us posted! The doctors thought our daughter was having twins, and they did the sonogram 2wks ago to determine if it was so, but it's only one baby, though she is much further along then originally thought. One baby is okay! We'll just spoil it twice as much as we would have twins! ;) Good luck to you, G.E.E.

Green Eyed Envy

Well, I'm finally getting aback on here after being incredibly ill with morning sickness over the past few days.

The ultrasound only showed one little heartbeat, and no evidence of a second baby anywhere!

memries

I hope you feel better soon. Did you try a bit of coke and some crackers ?
Aw well I remember those days very well. Maybe one will be less difficult for you when you get through the first part. I am thinking of the weight you put on for twins that is all.
Lucky parents to be. I always thought if someone put one on my doorstep it would be easier.
On the other hand after I had babies I wished someone else would take care of them. That is when you get the feeling of being totally inadequate to care for babies. Just different sides of the coin.
I admire what you are doing and wish you all good things.

starrystarrynight

Aw, morning sickness is the pits.

I remember that I couldn't stomach even the smell of coffee (and I LOVE coffee).

Also, the only thing I could eat for about a month after around 11:00 am (I actually had afternoon sickness!) was green lollipops.

Hope you feel better soon...remember how much energy you get in the second trimester? Keep that in mind and this first one will go quicker.

(((((You and that Cutie growing inside you)))))

Alissa

Congratulations to you and the intended parents both!

I'm 15 weeks along myself, and I went through a major "I think I've got twins" phase around 8-12 weeks along - I was/am carrying larger than I think is normal but the doctors say I'm normal. And the ultrasound showed the same for me, just one, but maybe it's natural for an expectant mom to wonder if there are twins inside, eh? Although in your case, I can see how it would be even more of a liklihood! :D

My morning sickness abated around 12-13 weeks along, as it often does, but until then, ginger is supposed to help (it didn't much for me though). I did find chewing mint gum (for some reason) would help a little bit. I hope things get easier soon, and be good to yourself!

And to keep this Tarot related, I asked my friend to read for me on if I was having twins or not (prior to ultrasound) and she pulled the Maat deck's King of Pentacles reversed, hanging upside down in his golden sarcophagus in pink flowers... so maybe it's a boy? :D

edited to add: oh yeah, smells would trigger me, like mentioned above. Coffee, which I love too, sometimes made me go off. And "morning" sickness is a misnomer... it was morning, afternoon, evening and middle of the night for me until it went away. BLECH!

heathwitch

Congratulations!

And I would say 2 of Cups definitely means twins to me. :) But I think it depends on your own instincts as a reader as to which card represents it best to you, if that makes sense.

Good luck!

calligirl

Have you done a reading to see if it would be a girl or boy? Just to see what cards came up? It would be interesting to know...

P.S. I had major morning/afternoon/all the time sickness with 2nd pregnancy (girl, wonder if that matters?). The only thing that helped get me through was pink lemonade (powdered kind you mix) which I had never tried before pregnancy. I feel your misery even after all this time...how are you able to sit at the computer to be on here?

You rock!