Which card(s) say twins to you

Green Eyed Envy

I'm just newly pregnant, and have gotten 2 blood tests done. The number has increased at a very quick pace, something that can indicate the presence of twins. While I wait for my first ultrasound on the 8th of September, I want to do a reading to see if there are twins or not, but I really have no idea what cards would say 'twins', other than by looking just at the imagery on the cards.

So, has anyone done readings where you felt that twins were indicated, and what were the cards?

celticnoodle

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! secondly, I believe the Lovers card is the card for the sign of the twins---Gemini. So, possibly the Lovers card. Also I believe since Gemini is an air sign, and the swords represent Gemini also, maybe 2swords, if it shows up next to Lovers or The sun or any other card normally reserved for babies. I'm just giving an educated guess here, so don't quote me on it. Maybe the other option is to combine two decks of tarot together, and if you get a double of the sun, or other normally related to children cards together in the spread. I'd be interested in knowing what others say.

Thirteen

Here Comes the Sun!

Green Eyed Envy said:
So, has anyone done readings where you felt that twins were indicated, and what were the cards?
My hearty congrads as well!

And the card that has always indicates twins in my readings: The Sun

However, if you turned up the Lovers card, I would also take that as confirmation, though I've never gotten it myself for indicating twins :D

willowfox

I was thinking maybe Temperance and the 2 cups.

I not really sure about this though.

Empress gives abundance, so maybe.

Grizabella

My reading deck is the Victorian Romantic and in that deck, the Empress card shows a woman with two little cherubs. For me, that would definitely be the card to suggest twins. :)

Mariana

Several decks show twins on the Sun card.

Green Eyed Envy

So would you say then that the imagery on the card is maybe more of an indicator than which card it is?

Thirteen

Green Eyed Envy said:
So would you say then that the imagery on the card is maybe more of an indicator than which card it is?
It's a valid point. I don't think many decks try to offer obscure messages--often what you see is what you get, and if the image is on the money, then that's what will turn up. Meaning, if a card has a twin image on it, then that's probably the one the deck will offer you as confirmation.

But, I'd still wouldn't rule out The Sun as an indicator ;)

Chronata

Congratulations!

and I do think that you just go with your gut on this one!

I can't think of a card that automatically says twins, by it's nature or inherant meaning, but so many can indicate it...based on imagry, number or symbolism.

I think any twos that come up, as well as the cards already mentioned would be good indicators.

caridwen

Green Eyed Envy said:
I'm just newly pregnant, and have gotten 2 blood tests done. The number has increased at a very quick pace, something that can indicate the presence of twins. While I wait for my first ultrasound on the 8th of September, I want to do a reading to see if there are twins or not, but I really have no idea what cards would say 'twins', other than by looking just at the imagery on the cards.

Have you asked the cards and if so, which cards came up?