Horary Round 4 Readings and Feedback

SilentBreeze

Thanks so much for the reading. I'm pretty new to astrology so what does it mean if it took so many attempts to create a chart? Is it that the answer is unknown yet, or that I probably shouldn't know yet?

Minderwiz said:
This is the third attempt at a radical chart, so please bear in mind that there is some doubt. The chart is cast at the hour of Mars, and has Virgo rising, making Mercury Lord of the Ascendant. Mars and Mercury share no triplicity, which casts further doubt on the radicality of the chart.

With Virgo rising you are signified by Mercury, a good significator for a 'student' awaiting qualification. Mercury is in Sagittarius, it's detriment so is essentially weak (which suggests that the employment market is a buyers' market) but Mercury is in the fourth House and so is angular which puts you in a good position for the job market and further enhanced by being direct and not under the Sun's beams. Its only accidental debility is that it is oriental. Overall despite the job market being a buyer's market you are well placed to be successful.

The issue is getting that job. Looking at the tenth, it is ruled by Mercury too, with the cusp being in Gemini. That is good preliminary indicator that things will go well.

Mercury is squared by its ruler, Jupiter, who rules the fourth and seventh Houses. Jupiter is in Pisces and is itself angular in the fourth. Jupiter is stronger in dignity than Mercury and I take that as further evidence of your weakness relative to the job market..

The economy had been pretty tough on everyone, and many people who graduated are having difficulty. The school that I am graduating from is one of the best for the career that I am hoping for that this will help me out so I guess I might have a bit more going for me then others.

Where should you look for the job?

Clearly Mercurial sources are important - with Mercury in the fourth, you might use your home internet connection and search for jobs online.as perhaps your primary source, Mercury is in the sign and triplicity of Jupiter, so Jovian characteristics must have relevance - Jupiter is large and expansive, so look for very prominent sources as your second line of attack. Jupiter rules and is placed in the seventh House so 'other people' may help - that is people who are not friends or relatives. Lastly, with Mercury placed in the fourth, your parents, especially your father may prove useful.

So far I have been using the internet as my search, as I am not the best at networking. However I've been advised that other people or connections would be a better way to go, so its good to hear that the internet is a worthy resource, in addition to other people. So prominent sources --would that be large companies? or better known websites for the search? Friends and relatives are not involved in the industry so the help they have been bringing me has never amounted to anything. My father offered to help me get a job but it would have to be in his field and would require me to get a different education.

In terms of geographical direction, I would use several indicators, following Lilly:

The sign of the Ascendant - Virgo, which is South by West
The sign of the ruler of the Ascendant - Sagittarius which is East by South
The sign on the IC - Sagittarius East by South
The sign of the ruler of the IC - Jupiter in Pisces, which is North by West
The sign of the Moon - Pisces which is North by West
The sign on the Tenth cusp - Gemini - West by South
The sign of the ruler of the tenth - Sagittarius - East by South

So

North = 2
South = 5
East = 3
West =4

So the most probable direction is South West.

I am choosing between staying in New York, or moving to California (south west) which is something recent that I began to think about seriously, so that's another sign I might want to move. Especially since I prefer warmer climates.

Thanks for the reading, even though it was so troublesome...I'm still wondering what that means, that it was so difficult.

Minderwiz

The internet is a good mechanism for your job search and I think is your primary one, but don't neglect those other people (Jupiter is Mercury's dispositor and signifies those others). If your current efforts are heavily internet oriented then I'd say shift the balance a bit towards the 'others' and take up the advice you have been given - but keep the internet as your prime source.

This area is perhaps the one that I was most unsure of in terms of interpretation, as it's the first time I've had such a question and it presented a new challenge (thank you!) Your comments on the reading have reassured me that I was perhaps on the right lines.

The geographic directions I'm happier with. As with most horary directions, there's not a unanimity among the directions but there is a clear predominance for the South West. What this suggests is that a job can come from any direction but that the chances are greater for one coming from the South West. Using your comments I'd say it's more probable that you will be better placed for a job in California.

Minderwiz

Reading for obeygravity

obeygravity said:
If you're still accepting sitters, I actually have two questions, but you can pick whichever one you'd prefer to do.

The first is just how my love life is looking over the next six-ish months. If there is anything that I can hope to start growing during this time.

And the other is that I'm graduating in June, and would just like to know how getting a job might look for me around then.

The chart is cast during the hour of Saturn and has Gemini rising, so Mercury is the Ascendant ruler. As Saturn is the ruler of the Air triplicity by Day, I take this chart as radical.

You are signified by Mercury, who is angular in the seventh and in Sagittarius. Essentially the Moon is debilitated, so you are rather weak in relation to both these issues. Dealing with the romance question first:

Your significator in the seventh is a strong significator of the desire for a relationship, and the lack of essential dignity is a sign more of vulnerability than any other weakness. Jupiter is the ruler of the Seventh, and thus the possible significant other. Jupiter is in Pisces in the eleventh. Although not in any dignity of Mercury, Jupiter is conjunct the Moon, which is your co-significator in a horary and both these two are trined by Venus, the co-significator of the female in a relationship horary and sextiled by the Sun, the co-significator of the male in a relationship horary. All of which looks good for a romance - The Venus aspect is separating, as is the Moon/Jupiter conjunction, but unless you have only just separated from a relationship, I'd say that the Moon/Jupiter still holds. So I'd say your chances of a relationship within the period are good.

The job is signified by the ruler of the tenth - Saturn. In terms of a job, your qualifications might not be quite what they are looking for but you are very well placed, as Mercury has a lot of accidental dignity - You have the chance of being in the right place at the right time, IF they choose to look.

There is, however, no forming aspect between Mercury and Saturn, nor between the Moon (your co-significator) and Saturn, so I'm afraid that during the time period the chances do not look good that a new job will come your way

Attachments

• obeygravity Horary 2.jpg
    obeygravity Horary 2.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 63

Minderwiz

Reading for le.jour.obscurcit

le.jour.obscurcit said:
What area(s) of study should I pursue in my Bachelor of Arts degree at University?

Thank you. :)

This is virtually the same question that you asked in the third round of horary questions and I answered

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=145712&page=13&pp=5

post #64

Please refer to the answer there and provide some feedback if you want me to go further

le.jour.obscurcit

I'm sorry! I must've forgotten I asked this question a while back, because this is the first I've seen it. I'll send you feedback in a PM. Thank you.

Minderwiz

Thanks for the PM and feedback I'll have a look at your natal chart but perhaps you could give me a choice of two or three courses that you think are your main options - I know you gave some indication in the PM but it will give you the opportunity to way up the options and I'll see what I can do to rank them for you.

cherryberry

Minderwiz said:
The chart has Gemini rising, so you are signified by Mercury. Mercury is placed in the seventh House, which indicates that you are indeed looking for a partnership but by it's very placement in Sagittarius, Mercury is essentially weak, being in detriment, which perhaps shows that you can become vulnerable, as a result. Accidentally it is strong through being angular and direct (though oriental) overall Mercury is fairly strong. The chart therefore confirms that you are looking for a relationship, the issue now is whether the 'other party' is interested.

The possible partner is signified by Jupiter, ruler of Sagittarius. Jupiter is in Pisces, his own sign so is essentially strong. Accidentally he is placed in the eleventh house of hopes and friends - so he may be a current friend or acquaintance for, or simply signifies your hopes. The eleventh house is a fairly strong placement and Jupiter is both direct and oriental, so Jupiter is much stronger by essential dignity and a little stronger by accidental dignity. He is more likely to initiate any relationship than you are. However, Jupiter is not in any of the dignities of Mercury, which does not look good especially as Mercury is applying to a square aspect with Jupiter.
aha, hopes and friends - so one cant really know which one of both it is.

Minderwiz said:
John Frawley uses an additional set of significators in relationship questions, The Sun as a co-significator for the male, and Venus as a co-significator of the female. Now in this chart Venus is in an exact trine to Jupiter, and Jupiter is in the sign of Venus' exaltation.

Now assuming you are female, that suggests there will be a relationship - probably one which is very strong on a physical level but it's unlikely to last. It should be fun whilst it lasts though. At the moment you are probably a bit low and you want some security and stability in your life. If this is so, then I don't see this relationship providing it (assuming it comes off) so be a little careful.
i am indeed a female. Fun while it lasts is a good thing too, i'm still young ;)
yeah was feeling a bit sad a few days ago, some changes with friends moving to other countries etc, but am moving on :)

Minderwiz said:
The chart has Gemini rising, so you are signified by Mercury. Mercury is placed in the seventh House, which indicates that you are indeed looking for a partnership but by it's very placement in Sagittarius, Mercury is essentially weak, being in detriment, which perhaps shows that you can become vulnerable, as a result. Accidentally it is strong through being angular and direct (though oriental) overall Mercury is fairly strong. The chart therefore confirms that you are looking for a relationship, the issue now is whether the 'other party' is interested.

The possible partner is signified by Jupiter, ruler of Sagittarius. Jupiter is in Pisces, his own sign so is essentially strong. Accidentally he is placed in the eleventh house of hopes and friends - so he may be a current friend or acquaintance for, or simply signifies your hopes. The eleventh house is a fairly strong placement and Jupiter is both direct and oriental, so Jupiter is much stronger by essential dignity and a little stronger by accidental dignity. He is more likely to initiate any relationship than you are. However, Jupiter is not in any of the dignities of Mercury, which does not look good especially as Mercury is applying to a square aspect with Jupiter.
aha, hopes and friends - so one cant really know which one of both it is.

Minderwiz said:
OK, if I have correctly assigned Venus to you, you are likely to have a very good chance of a relationship in the period under consideration - it's likely to be a very strong physical attraction but I don't see it as a long term relationship.
thats already an interesting prospect, even if its not long term

Thanks Minderwiz!

obeygravity

Minderwiz said:
The chart is cast during the hour of Saturn and has Gemini rising, so Mercury is the Ascendant ruler. As Saturn is the ruler of the Air triplicity by Day, I take this chart as radical.

You are signified by Mercury, who is angular in the seventh and in Sagittarius. Essentially the Moon is debilitated, so you are rather weak in relation to both these issues. Dealing with the romance question first:

Your significator in the seventh is a strong significator of the desire for a relationship, and the lack of essential dignity is a sign more of vulnerability than any other weakness. Jupiter is the ruler of the Seventh, and thus the possible significant other. Jupiter is in Pisces in the eleventh. Although not in any dignity of Mercury, Jupiter is conjunct the Moon, which is your co-significator in a horary and both these two are trined by Venus, the co-significator of the female in a relationship horary and sextiled by the Sun, the co-significator of the male in a relationship horary. All of which looks good for a romance - The Venus aspect is separating, as is the Moon/Jupiter conjunction, but unless you have only just separated from a relationship, I'd say that the Moon/Jupiter still holds. So I'd say your chances of a relationship within the period are good.

Gosh, I wish I really understood all of these terms because for the most part I was just kind of like :confused: But yeah, I haven't been in a relationship in some time so to hear this is pretty comforting hahaha!

The job is signified by the ruler of the tenth - Saturn. In terms of a job, your qualifications might not be quite what they are looking for but you are very well placed, as Mercury has a lot of accidental dignity - You have the chance of being in the right place at the right time, IF they choose to look.

There is, however, no forming aspect between Mercury and Saturn, nor between the Moon (your co-significator) and Saturn, so I'm afraid that during the time period the chances do not look good that a new job will come your way

Augh. Well, I'm going to start applying for jobs back home around the end of february/beginning of march so hopefully something will come up because I have to start paying off student loans the moment I graduate :x Thanks!

Minderwiz

Revised question from le.jour.obscurcit

le.jour.obscurcit said:
How about: Should I pursue Psychology or Cinema Studies at University?

The chart has Aquarius rising, making your significator Saturn. Saturn is in exaltation in Libra and is also the triplicity ruler, in its own face and has a mutual recepption with Jupiter by terms - the very high essential dignity indicates that you have all the qualities necessary for the course/s Saturn is in the eighth which reduces it's dignity score. The eighth house has a variety of not very pleasant meanings but here I think the appropriate ones are fear. worry and anxiety - I don't want to overstress that, it's more that you are in a rather sombre state of mind and somewhat worried about this choice.

The course is signified by Mars, ruler of the ninth House. Mars has affiliations with the medical profession, certainly clinical psychology could well be indicated by Mars. Scorpio is a water sign - often identified by psychological Astrologers with the sub conscious or instinctual behaviour.

Mars is in exaltation in Capricorn and placed in the twelfth House, where it is also combust (conjunct the Sun). Now whilst in other contexts I would take that as being unfortunate, here it has symbolism that is relevant to the question. The twelfth House is concerned with the secret and the hidden. Arguably, psychology is concerned with the secrets which we hide from ourselves and the hidden structures (Capricorn) behind our behaviour.

Mars is of course also ruled by Saturn, strongly indicating it's connection to you.

I don't see a signification of Cinema Studies here, I would have expected Venus to have been more prominent or Jupiter but I do see a signification of Psychology. That would seem to be your best choice - assuming that it is possible to secure such a course

Attachments

• LJO Horary 2.jpg
    LJO Horary 2.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 59

Minderwiz

EyeAmEye said:
Hi Minderwiz,
You gave me a reading back in June that so far has proved correct. If you're still doing readings for round 4, I'd love another.

That question was about a romantic relationship with a specific person within a year. As I said, no go on it yet, so it's been accurate.

So, I'd like to know what the likelihood is of me being in a romantic relationship with anyone in the next 6 months.

Thanks!

This question relates to a romance with anyone else, except the person enquired about in your last horary. This chart is cast at the hour of the Moon and has Cancer rising, so there is complete agreement between hour ruler and Ascendant ruler.

You are signified by the Moon, which is in Cancer and thus highly dignified essentially but is placed in the twelfth, which indicates that in some way or other you are hidden from prospective partners, for example because of work commitments, or some activity that keeps you occupied for a lot of your time.

Your motivations seem to be oriented towards yourself, and your career/profession or role in society - romance comes third on the list, through Venus, who is triplicity ruler for the Seventh House.

The prospective significant other is signifed by Saturn ruler of the Seventh House, and possibly an indicator of an older or more serious and reliable person.

Saturn is in Libra, in the fourth - the possible SO is a home person, and in Libra Saturn is in it's exaltation ruled by Venus so her prime interest is whatever Venus represents in the chart, which through rulership are the home and friends, thereafter she's concerned with herself. Your only hope here is that Venus is triplicity ruler for the seventh and this might indicate an interest in romance.

Interest is not enough, we need some link between the Moon and Saturn, and we do have an aspect - the Moon is applying to a square with Saturn. There may be a chance of romance, but it will not be easy and if it does come to pass you might well regret it.

The Astrologer, John Frawley, uses co-rulers, Sun for the male and Venus for the female but I feel that having established a relationship between our prime significators, it's not going to yield anything new by looking at them, nor would I think that it would lead to overturning my judgement. I only use them if I don't get a result from the prime significators In this case neither Sun nor Venus aspect each other, Venus does not aspect the Moon and the Sun does not aspect Saturn.

So it's unlikely that something will easily materialise in the next six months. If if does the course of true love will not run smooth and might well lead to some regret, especially as the Moon is in the detriment of Saturn - the interest is likely to be one way