Spirit of the Wheel Meditation deck

SolSionnach

gosh darn it!

Wouldn't you know it, the ebay seller sold me the deck WITHOUT THE BOOK. sheesh.

I sent him a note to the effect that I was very disappointed. I spent $20 bucks (inc. shipping) for this deck with the Mystic glyphs deck.. this was the one I was interested in!

any thoughts?

...grumble...

lunakasha

sravana said:
Wouldn't you know it, the ebay seller sold me the deck WITHOUT THE BOOK. sheesh.

I sent him a note to the effect that I was very disappointed. I spent $20 bucks (inc. shipping) for this deck with the Mystic glyphs deck.. this was the one I was interested in!

any thoughts?

...grumble...

That really stinks! Is it possible that he still has the LWB and just forgot to include it??? If not, maybe you can write to US Games and ask if they would send you a copy??? I know it is a longshot (USG are not known for responding to emails, in my experience) but worth a try.

I have the booklet, but am not the quickest on the keyboard so....a complete transfer of the information is pretty much out of the question....:laugh: (sorry).

If all else fails, I will photocopy mine and mail it to you....just let me know!

:) Luna

SolSionnach

lunakasha said:
That really stinks! Is it possible that he still has the LWB and just forgot to include it??? If not, maybe you can write to US Games and ask if they would send you a copy??? I know it is a longshot (USG are not known for responding to emails, in my experience) but worth a try.

I have the booklet, but am not the quickest on the keyboard so....a complete transfer of the information is pretty much out of the question....:laugh: (sorry).

If all else fails, I will photocopy mine and mail it to you....just let me know!

:) Luna

I'm really blushing now.
The way the box looked, I was thinking that it had a book like the one with the greenwood, or the alchemical - bound like a book.
then I opened the deck box - and there it was. The 60 p. LWB.

:blushing:

thanks so much for the offer, Luna! Nice to know you won't need to do it, eh?

(oh, and HOW does one make the little blushing smilicon? I need it Right Now. lol)

;)

lunakasha

sravana said:
I'm really blushing now.
The way the box looked, I was thinking that it had a book like the one with the greenwood, or the alchemical - bound like a book.

:blushing:

thanks so much for the offer, Luna! Nice to know you won't need to do it, eh?

(oh, and HOW does one make the little blushing smilicon? I need it Right Now. lol)

;)

HAHA! Yes....I am relieved....that is a HUGE "little" booklet! :laugh:

Here is the blushing smilie: :| (I copied and pasted it but have no idea which key is used for the straight line!)

Glad you found it!

:love: Luna

SolSionnach

lunakasha said:
HAHA! Yes....I am relieved....that is a HUGE "little" booklet! :laugh:

Here is the blushing smilie: :| (I copied and pasted it but have no idea which key is used for the straight line!)

Glad you found it!

:love: Luna

:laugh:
I think the key is the backslash one, lessee :|

Yep - that would be the one!

I'm so relieved that I figured this one out - my brain is completely, TOTALLY fried from the move and the heat - and I freaked out the ebay seller, until I quickly emailed him back that I found it. lol.

Back to the subject at hand: this is one seriously beautiful deck! I'm *very* pleased that I got it - even more so because of the bargain in the process. I'd love to sit around today and play with it, but must return to the other city where I used to live and haul some more stuff that didn't get packed before the big moooooove. lol Due to hurricane Dean, at least it's not 100 degrees... though there could be some storms

saoirse1561

Lovely deck.

I love this deck. The artwork was what drew me in and the low price helped. I really didn't have any knowledge of the artist until I picked this up but - wow. She's amazing! The symbolism is so rich and the images so beautiful that I could stare at each card for hours!

All in all, this is probably my favorite oracle deck out there and it works amazingly well for my daily draw. I've really taken a liking to the Sacred Pipe spread she has in the LWB as well; it seems to hit the nail on the head each and every time I lay it out!

My friends have taken to calling this the "grandma" deck. The readings it produces tend to be like sitting down to tea with a kindly grandmother; very honest and to-the-point, but in a very gentle (almost loving) way. Heh.

WolfSpirit

sravana said:
I'm really blushing now.

I just got this deck (has been a while in the mail), and I had read this post but I was still looking for the book, lol, I thought it was at the bottom of the box but it is just the bottom that has the image of one of the cards.

Yes the deck is lovely, but I wish the borders were smaller so the paintings could have been bigger (hm, I believe I say that a lot about decks :rolleyes: )
The moment I saw this deck, I thought it would go nicely with the Tarot of Transformation - something in the colour scheme, and I was especially thinking of a card with bears in the ToT that I have used for meditation.
I will have to try that combination out.

And it will probably also go nicely with my other animal decks.

HearthCricket

WolfSpirit said:
Yes the deck is lovely, but I wish the borders were smaller so the paintings could have been bigger (hm, I believe I say that a lot about decks :rolleyes: )

The moment I saw this deck, I thought it would go nicely with the Tarot of Transformation - something in the colour scheme, and I was especially thinking of a card with bears in the ToT that I have used for meditation.
I will have to try that combination out.

I felt the same way when I opened mine. I absolutely love the artwork, and therefore, wish there was much less of the border and a lot more of the beautiful artwork. And it does go very nicely with the Tarot of Transformation. I think you will enjoy working with them together. :)

cookie17urs

i have just bought a copy of this deck and think it is really beautiful. However, I am a bit confused as how to actually 'use' the cards - can I just shuffle and read them for example one for each day's meditation or using one of the spreads given in the LWB - or both? Also, I am very confused as to what the medicine wheel layout poster should be used for. How do you use it to lay out cards? Do you shuffle and place the cards as they come up i.e first card-position 1, second card-position 2 etc or do you lay out the cards according to the wheel with card 0 medicine wheel in position 1, card 1 creator in postition 2, etc and just meditate on that? I am sorry if these are silly questions and a re glaringly simple but I am very new to the world of tarot and divination in general and have got myself in a real tangle trying to figure this out!

Thank you for any help.

Kahlie

I only just received this deck a few days ago as a gift. From what I surmised, you can use the Cards anyway you want :)

If you want to work with the Medicine Wheel, this booklet is not enough, you would need to buy other books that include extra information on each of the positions. From what I understand, the Wheel is used in ceremony and in some practices, for Healing and Understanding. This is different then using an Oracle Deck. You could use the poster to remind you of the Wheel.

This deck is obviously focused upon the Medicine Wheel, but does not offer enough information to work with it. In that, it's different from many other themed decks that give a lot more information. I know some of the Wheel because I have other books ;)

Also, it seems most suited for Meditation, and not only Oracular Purposes.

Hope this helps,

Kahlie