I'm just not feeling these decks...

PeonyInLove

I have now purchased 3 Doreen virtue oracle decks and cannot connect with any of them. The imagery is beautiful and I was looking forward to using them. How can I connect more with them? Honestly there's nothing there between us lol I try so hard and get the most random, insignificant messages that do not make any sense to me. I must be doing something wrong?

tarot_quest

It might be a simple advice but if you play with them a lot and shuffle them and take your time to look at the picture, your energy will slowly be imprinted in the cards

Just my opinion ;)

Zephyros

If I were you I would give up. Everything having to do with that snake oil saleswoman sucks.

velvetina

I'd never ever EVER recommend her!

She's popular though and I'm often asked which of her dreadful decks I prefer.

if I'm asked, I'll be honest & hopefully steer the enquirer away!

She actually makes me quite annoyed!!!

Debra

I don't have any of her decks; they're not my style and I can't advise how to use them. That said, I overheard a reading with a Doreen Virtue deck that was deeply meaningful to the questioner. Basically the reader asked him, for each card, how it made him feel and how the card spoke to the issues in his life.

Holly doll

Don't bother - trite & sugary, not worth it :( :( :(

PeonyInLove

Oh... Why does nobody like her and her decks? I bought 2 of her decks and couldn't connect and I tried numerous times. Then I bought another two and same thing has happened. It's weird. I think they're pretty. Such a shame.

celticnoodle

She appeals to some and not to others. Its all in the eye of the beholder. If you like the artwork or like her, you may be inclined to buy some of the decks.

So, not connecting with them? There can be a lot of answers for this. Sometimes just putting a deck aside for awhile--months or perhaps years, then pulling it out again will help. Sometimes you do need to just play with it over and over and over again and it will all of a sudden begin to click with you. Perhaps just using the deck as a meditative deck. Pick one card and sit with it. Look at it. I mean REALLY look at the card. Don't worry about the 'meaning' she applied to the card.

Looking at the card, try to see how the card makes you feel. What does it make you think of? What does it remind you of (from your own previous life experiences?). Write all of this down in a journal, specifically for this deck. Then, at that point, read what DV put as the meaning for this card. Ask yourself, does it make any sense to you? If it does, write about that in the journal as well. If not, why? Again--write it down.

Your feelings of the card may be different from her feelings of the card or not. There is no real wrong or right way to read a card--its up to the person who is reading it, (you). This may or may not help you to connect--but it may be worth the try.

I believe I have one of Doreen Virtue's oracles, (but not here with me right now). I also couldn't connect with it and reading with it never made any sense. I bought it early on into my 'wanting to be a card reader'. But, the pictures on the cards are nice, so I kept the deck. Some decks in my collection, I cannot read a lick with--but I love the artwork, and so I just use them as a 'feel good to look at' kind of deck.

However, if you do not want to go on this way with these decks, you can also sell or trade them for another deck that interests you.

nisaba

Oh... Why does nobody like her and her decks? I bought 2 of her decks and couldn't connect and I tried numerous times. Then I bought another two and same thing has happened. It's weird. I think they're pretty. Such a shame.

Just because something is pretty doesn't mean it is good, or effective. Look at people. Are geniuses all pretty? Are all pretty people kind-hearted?

DV, sadly, got seduced by the money-making potential of pretty images.