DECK OF THE MONTH - JUNE 2013 sign up thread

Kathy123

This thread is for those who would like to work exclusively with one of their decks for a period of one month. Each week within the month there will be questions, suggestions, ideas and/or activities to help us learn from each other and to learn more from our decks and the relationships we have with it. I hope we will all have fun and learn from ourselves and each other.

WELCOME!

1. Please post a comment to include the deck you will be focusing on this month (feel free to join in at any point in the month).

2. Weekly questions/activities will be posted within the forum, feel free to participate in the discussions but it is not mandatory. I will also type the weekly question/activity back on this post for easy reference.

3. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

4. Daily draws and our weekly spreads can be posted here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=195268

Please note the Daily Draws forum is for readings that people do not need help with. If someone wants help with a Deck of the Month reading then they should post it in "Your Readings Forum" like any other reading. ** Please also comment on this thread and tell us when you have posted to another forum

5. Please feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns and advice inquiries in this thread It belongs to all of us!

6. Most importantly, have fun!

JUNE: PARTICIPANTS AND DECKS (and time zones)

1. Kathy123 - Crystal Visions Tarot (Sunday evening 8:00 pm)
2. Conurelover - Ancient Italian Tarot (Sunday evening 8:00 pm)
3. Mi-Shell - Tarrocchi Celtici (Sunday evening 8:00 pm)
4. Aeric - Tarocco Delle Vetrate (Sunday evening 8:00 pm)
5. Merissa_88 - Tarot of the Four Elements (Sunday evening 8:00 pm)
6. Margo9023 - Mystic Dreamer Tarot
7. SwampLady - Halloween Tarot (Sunday evening 7:00 pm)
8. Aivli - Shadowscapes Tarot (Sunday Evening 5:00 pm)

JUNE DECK STUDY:

I would like to borrow an idea from Mi-Shell that she introduced to us last month for the focus of this months tarot study.

Lay out the cards of the weekly suit, ace on the left and king on the right. Look at the images on the cards, the symbolism, the colours, how do the cards flow into one another? Are there recurring themes between the cards? Is there one symbol or image that is present in all the cards? Do you have a favourite image? A least favorite image? Write your impressions of the cards and any feelings that you have associated with them.

Is there a story that can be told, from left to right, or from right to left? If it is not obvious, use your imagination and create a story. FOR THE JOURNALING EXERCISE, PLEASE POST THE STORY THAT YOU HAVE FORMULATED IN THE DAILY DRAWS THREAD FOR THE DECK OF THE MONTH (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=195268) ANY OTHER JOURNALING THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE ABOUT YOUR DECK CAN BE POSTED HERE :)

WEEK ONE: SUIT OF CUPS
WEEK TWO: SUIT OF SWORDS
WEEK THREE: SUIT OF WANDS
WEEK FOUR: SUIT OF PENTACLES

SPREAD INDEX:
New deck interview: page 1
Fountain of creation layout: page 9
The illuminating star reading: page 15
The doorway spread: Page 18

Kathy123

Hey Guys, I may not have the best internet access over the course of the week, so please post your name and decks here, and I will update the main post by Saturday at the latest.

We will start this month with a group spread on Sunday evening. For new participants, this "goup spread' is a spread that we will all perform at the same time (EST 8:00 pm Sunday Evening), hence the time zone reference on the main post.

We always start the month with a "new deck interview". Here is a new one for this month:

1.Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
2.What are your strengths as a deck?
3.What are your limits as a deck?
4.What do you bring to the table—what are you here to teach me?
5.How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
6.What is one thing you want to ask of me?
7.What do you expect me to bring to the table—what can I teach you?
8.What do you enjoy?
9.What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?

This one borrowed from the following website: http://tarotunlimited.com/new-deck-interview-spread/

Have fun everyone!!!

PLEASE REMEMBER, ALL DAILY DRAWS AND ANY SPREAD READINGS NEED TO BE POSTED HERE: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3536599#post3536599

conurelover

Ancient Italian Tarot or Tarot Minchiate (going for the Italian in June). Leaning towards Minchiate because it has so many majors. I have played with AIT for a long time and feel like I am used to it and love it. Okay I think it is Minchiate then. :)

I think you need time zone Kathy? I think we are the same?

If the purpose is not to use an historical deck, please let me know and I will switch. :)

Mi-Shell

Tarocchi Celtici

I received this Tarot from the trading forum, traded it for a set of handmade - by me Sterling silver Loon Earrings ( and since I know, that this is a rather htf deck, I added a matching Loon necklace as a little surprise for my trading partner.)
This deck is stunning - and what I loooove: a little abstract and filled with the Celtic Gods and Goddesses in the mayors, the 4 Seasons and Plants and Animals in the Minors.
the challenge for me will be: All the info - and the beautiful book are in Italian, so I have NO idea, what the symbolism on the card is intended to be - from the artist's point of view. the cards are LARGE and have a "handmade feel, but one can not shuffle them, it is soft velvety cardboard with no rounded corners.
I will attempt to make sense of a few of these enigmatic cards and post my findings in the Study forum - with links here. I think there are others, who have this deck and maybe someone will join me in my explorations. I hope so.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtici/review.shtml

"Happy new Decks" to everyone here!
:)

Attachments

• Tarocci Celtici back.jpg
    Tarocci Celtici back.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 60

Mi-Shell

Ancient Italian Tarot or Tarot Minchiate (going for the Italian in June). Leaning towards Minchiate because it has so many majors. I have played with AIT for a long time and feel like I am used to it and love it. Okay I think it is Minchiate then. :)

I think you need time zone Kathy? I think we are the same?

If the purpose is not to use an historical deck, please let me know and I will switch. :)

conurelover!!
I realllly love your choices for this month :)
the ancient Italian = Soprafino deck is the one my Grandmother read with in her time I have written about that a little on a thread about the Soprafino Deck in the historical research forum.
- Oh, now I remember, you joined in our talk about the Borgias :)

A year ago I did a month with the Minchiate Fiorentine and wrote about it on my blog.
Good luck with it this month!

Attachments

• Tarocci Celtici back.jpg
    Tarocci Celtici back.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 51

Aeric

Tarocco delle Vetrate

I've decided that in light of my critical failure to attune to the LoS Angels, I'm going to buckle down and work hard with my other new deck, the Tarocco delle Vetrate, the Stained Glass Tarot by Scapini. I did a few readings with it as soon as I bought it and had much success, but had to rely a lot on the LWB. Then I put it away before I went to Europe, and now it's time to get back to it after about two months without it.

This is a Marseille deck with heavy Kabbalah influence in its interpretations. As I have only rudimentary knowledge of Kabbalah, I need a good month of intense study to really understand its symbolism and work deeply with the deck in order to develop quick comprehension. The sooner I can be rid of the LWB, the better. I'm in Toronto, Canada.

http://www.mirachashop.com/immagini/large/l_Il Tarocco delle Vetrate - L. Scapini.jpg

conurelover

Aeric that deck looks beautiful!

Yes Mi-Shell I love the Soprafino type decks. So close to Italian playing cards I have used my whole life so I just love the Ancient Italian Tarot. I want to read exclusively with pips like the AIT. I will have to check out the blog! The Minchiate just downright scares me. I am not sure about it and the book isn't very helpful. If I can't do it I will switch to the AIT. I might be able to help a little if you are realy stuck on the Italian in the LWB with your new deck.

Looking forward to reading about everyone's decks!

:)

Mi-Shell

I've decided that in light of my critical failure to attune to the LoS Angels, I'm going to buckle down and work hard with my other new deck, the Tarocco delle Vetrate, the Stained Glass Tarot by Scapini. I did a few readings with it as soon as I bought it and had much success, but had to rely a lot on the LWB. Then I put it away before I went to Europe, and now it's time to get back to it after about two months without it.

This is a Marseille deck with heavy Kabbalah influence in its interpretations. As I have only rudimentary knowledge of Kabbalah, I need a good month of intense study to really understand its symbolism and work deeply with the deck in order to develop quick comprehension. The sooner I can be rid of the LWB, the better. I'm in Toronto, Canada.

http://www.mirachashop.com/immagini/large/l_Il Tarocco delle Vetrate - L. Scapini.jpg

Yes, that deck is beautiful!
Being siberian First Nations and coming from a shamanistic world view I have no idea and no experience with Kabbalah. When I tried to learn just the very basics I surfed the net, and talked to a few Rabbis I know...
For a little light reading on Kabbalah I can recommend the good old "Chicken Quabalah" - a little satirical and easy learning by Lon Milo Duquette.
For something more meditative I have received as a present "The Essential Kabbalah" by Daniel C. Matt
Good luck with your studies :)

Mi-Shell

Well, conurelover ;)
I just might take up your offer and make you my personal translator!!

conurelover

No prob! Let me know! :)

I just took a look at your Minchiate entries. My favorite was the Five of Swords entry about the fox!